Courier for laptop help??

Found 15th Jul 2012
Hi
I recently sold my laptop on eBay, and I usually use Interparcel or Parcel Monkey, but they don't give insurance for laptops.

Does anyone know a courier that would give insurance and is reasonably priced?

Royal Mail special delivery looks expensive at £24

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscCourierLaptop
17 Comments
Orcinus_orca

Parcel2GO or Parcelforce.co.uk … Parcel2GO or Parcelforce.co.uk :http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/parcelforce-15-off-services-code-with-promotional-code-1266309I just posted this deal 10 mins ago, plus £3 TCB per order too.

Thanks but it works out at around £20 with the £350 compensation cover and they also exclude laptops that contain glass, and I am not sure if they will pay out if something goes wrong and the charge also seems a little high?
what were parcel2go prices, they are cheap
I haven't included insurance in the eBay listing so maybe I can send it without insurance, which brings the price down to just over £12.

I hope they are reliable?
no I would not send it without insurance, what if the van crashes or something.

Send via royal mail SD with insurance to value of laptop.. Pack well..
Tell buyer price.. If they don't agree, relist with revised postal price
If the laptop is worth that much don't skimp on a cheap company that just dump the parcel in the garden and claim delivery.
Orcinus_orca

what were parcel2go prices, they are cheap

Parcel2Go comes to around £20 with insurance, and £12 without. But they accept laptops.

Do any of the royal mail services apart from Special delivery offer compensation cover?
They have a minimum of £35 (may have gone up recently) on any normal parcels.
Although you have to declare value of parcel on all services via PO now, so you must be able to insure all?
Edited by: "Teezgaff" 15th Jul 2012
Parcelforce are Royal Mail

For a 3KG Parcel, £350 insurance, it is £19 + Vat (2 day delivery), but the 15% discount code wipes off the vat basically. Then the £3 topcashback if you can wait for it, £16 total.

parcelforce.com/pri…der
Teezgaff

Send via royal mail SD with insurance to value of laptop.. Pack well.. … Send via royal mail SD with insurance to value of laptop.. Pack well.. Tell buyer price.. If they don't agree, relist with revised postal price If the laptop is worth that much don't skimp on a cheap company that just dump the parcel in the garden and claim delivery.

You cant sell something with an agreed postage cost on the listing then change it after its been sold as you had only guessed the price of sending it. If the op has just put a price down without looking into it first they should suck it up and pay the extra rather than asking the buyer to as it is the sellers fault.
littlepinkstarz

You cant sell something with an agreed postage cost on the listing then … You cant sell something with an agreed postage cost on the listing then change it after its been sold as you had only guessed the price of sending it. If the op has just put a price down without looking into it first they should suck it up and pay the extra rather than asking the buyer to as it is the sellers fault.

If he listed it without insurance he can..
If the buyer wants it insured you revise the invoice.. if buyer doesn't agree.. mutual ebay "seller/buyer agree to cancel"
Then relist at realistic postage.
A buyer can refuse to cancel, and leave a neg.
That's not cool, OP stick to your words. Just bear the amount
They're not going to neg you for telling them the price. And you can still cancel the sale.
If they refuse the insurance then you make them take responsibility of safe delivery, which in PP eye's you lose your money anyway
If you set the postage at £12 for example you cant change it after the auction has ended without either saying to the buyer or cancelling it, they buyer can pay the agreed amount and refuse to cancel which means seller is stuck with fee's. Yeah you don't have to send but its the sellers responsibility to find out the actual postage cost in the first place or suck it up and pay the extra like many people do.

The only way around that is if you only listed it as "courier - contact seller for quote" as no price has been put down, but if one has then thats the sellers fault.
MyHermes are good i feel
Yeah, I think I'll suck it up and pay the cost, I don't have a topcashback account, so it looks like Parcel2Go for around £20.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants