Courier for reasonably large item including insurance up to £100

Posted 3rd Mar
I'm looking at buying a rucksack on ebay but the seller has listed it with Hermes (I refuse to use them as they've been hopeless pretty much every time I've had to deal with them) but said he's happy to arrange an alternative if I suggest one, and I'm looking for the cheapest option.

The package would be about 90 x 50 x 10cm and weigh just over 2kg to be shipped within the UK and as mentioned, they would want insurance up to £100.

Any suggestions or companies to use and if you've had nightmare experiences with some of the random budget companies, let me know what to look out for!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Had a quick look on upstoday site which is run by parcel2go. They quote £9 if it is taken to a ups access point.
You could go to parcel2go website and they will give u prices with various couriers.
As to which courier to use it’s a lucky dip. Good and bad stories for all of them. Personally I use ups for higher value items.
Pilsbury1203/03/2020 16:00

Had a quick look on upstoday site which is run by parcel2go. They quote £9 …Had a quick look on upstoday site which is run by parcel2go. They quote £9 if it is taken to a ups access point. You could go to parcel2go website and they will give u prices with various couriers. As to which courier to use it’s a lucky dip. Good and bad stories for all of them. Personally I use ups for higher value items.

I've tried parcel2go but couldn't see an option for insurance - where abouts should I be looking on that site?
U need to click through to whichever company u want a quote from and then tweak it accordingly
Soldyoursoul03/03/2020 16:11

I've tried parcel2go but couldn't see an option for insurance - where …I've tried parcel2go but couldn't see an option for insurance - where abouts should I be looking on that site?

Indication of p2g cover cost parcel2go.com/hel…der
Thanks for the pointers, I'll save this thread for future use but I've just seen the pack brand new for £128 where as it was as new on ebay for £120 (with offers) + shipping, so I doubt I'd be able to get it for £110 so I may as well buy it new and get the lifetime warranty from Osprey.

Osprey Aether 70 using a 15% off code £128.50, shipped to store.
Edited by: "Soldyoursoul" 3rd Mar
UPS 1 day.
or parcelforce bought via paypal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants