Groups

Courier for very large item ?

Got my eye on a Bay window radiator (85'' x 28'' ) but its in Birmingham and i am in Wirral !
    Can anyone recommend a service/courier for this and rough idea on price ?
    cheers

15 Comments

SuperEd

Is it 99p try parcelmonkey or shiply.com
    Edited by: "goonertillidie" 14th Jun 2011

maybe your husband could get it?

Original Poster

goonertillidie

Is it 99p try parcelmonkey or shiply.com

lol, it is actually X)........and if anyone wants to check then number is 260795885507 !!
    Thanks will try them , just wasnt sure if couriers dealt with such large items .

Original Poster

greg_68

maybe your husband could get it?

lol, he hasnt been near ebay since......

SuperEd

shopstilldrops

lol, it is actually X)........and if anyone wants to check then number is … lol, it is actually X)........and if anyone wants to check then number is 260795885507 !!Thanks will try them , just wasnt sure if couriers dealt with such large items .

On shiply you can get quotes from drivers passing through that area etc used it before no probs

That will have been bent to the form of the bay, how do you know it is the same form as yours?

Banned

shopstilldrops

lol, it is actually X)........and if anyone wants to check then number is … lol, it is actually X)........and if anyone wants to check then number is 260795885507 !!Thanks will try them , just wasnt sure if couriers dealt with such large items .

I've just bid a £10 to save you from anymore more 99p/£9.99 jokes

Edited by: "wbmkk" 14th Jun 2011

Shiply.com they're realy good... I have used them a number of times! Costed me £45 to pick up 2 eBay items on the same day... A double wardrobe from Liverpool, then stop off in Cannock to pick up a Single wardrobe... Then deliver them both to me in Birmingham - I thought tht was a good price.

Original Poster

Pr3cious18

Shiply.com they're realy good... I have used them a number of times! … Shiply.com they're realy good... I have used them a number of times! Costed me £45 to pick up 2 eBay items on the same day... A double wardrobe from Liverpool, then stop off in Cannock to pick up a Single wardrobe... Then deliver them both to me in Birmingham - I thought tht was a good price.

Had a quote earlier for £99........seems a lot compared to what you paid and roughly the same distance .

shops, did you see post #6

Original Poster

greg_68

shops, did you see post #6

oops sorry greg i must of missed that earlier , ........i know the size would fit the bay fine but didnt think of this,
    Going to contact the seller and ask if made to measure or standard shop bought like i have seen on some websites
    Cheers for pointing that out ..(_;)

Aren't they all made to measure, can't remember seeing off the shelf shaped ones.

I've had several done in the past and always bent them to a cardboard template. I would have thought the chances of them being transferable would be slim. Not worth the risk imo as once bent there is very little give in them.

shopstilldrops

Had a quote earlier for £99........seems a lot compared to what you paid … Had a quote earlier for £99........seems a lot compared to what you paid and roughly the same distance .

To be honest, my 1st few quotes where high, but I rejected them with the option to say it exceeded my bugdet... They came back a few hours later with a much better price - so you may need to haggle.

Original Poster

greg_68

Aren't they all made to measure, can't remember seeing off the shelf … Aren't they all made to measure, can't remember seeing off the shelf shaped ones.I've had several done in the past and always bent them to a cardboard template. I would have thought the chances of them being transferable would be slim. Not worth the risk imo as once bent there is very little give in them.

Cheers greg for info ......think i am going to give it a miss tbh, if it was local would take the chance but with the cost of courier and all its a bit of a gamble ..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How are Very for pre-orders ?67
      2. No claims discount proof - Help needed66
      3. Are the free antivirus any good?11
      4. Feels weird!34

See more discussions