Found 17th Jan 2011
Just got home to find that city link have left my package under the bench!!
Not impressed, I mean I know they were trying to make it easier for me etc, but anyone could have taken it!!
Jack

1. Misc
  2. Courier
43 Comments

get this all the time, live on the top floor of a block of flats and come home to find parcels sitting outside my door.

they are crap

just as well you are an honest man or else you could deny ever receiving it..........

barky

just as well you are an honest man or else you could deny ever receiving … just as well you are an honest man or else you could deny ever receiving it..........

Lols...Now theres a thought!!!!!

They left a netbook on my doorstep, muppets.

Original Poster

barky

just as well you are an honest man or else you could deny ever receiving … just as well you are an honest man or else you could deny ever receiving it..........

Barky, it did cross my mind..
But I am quite honest!

Home Delivery Network are worst! I got a text saying my parcel would be here by half 12, went out at 2 - still wasn't here. Got back at 4 and there he was on my doorstep. I told him I lived here and he gave me it, Without a second thought. I could've been anyone!!

Idiots. And their collection depot is slow!

Before christmas I was upstairs changing my baby and could get to the door quick enough and as i was coming down the stairs the front door open and the guy was just putting the parcel in the house....cheeky git...went mad !!

lindseyanndavis

Before christmas I was upstairs changing my baby and could get to the … Before christmas I was upstairs changing my baby and could get to the door quick enough and as i was coming down the stairs the front door open and the guy was just putting the parcel in the house....cheeky git...went mad !!

Wow that's pretty bad.

I have had stuff left by postie before but he atleast has the brains to hide it down behind my garage. Thankfully too he knows I have stuff delivered to a neighbours house when I am not going to be in so he hands my stuff there which is fine cos I trust them completely.

if you know your postman and have arranged something it's fine but just to leave items is unsafe and surely against procedure. Luckily it's been cheap items for the most part!

Original Poster

That's the thing, either side of me I have two trustworthy neighbours!
I also have a paper bin where the postie often leaves packages..
The thing is, I have like a little gate and yard outside my house before the garage, so if the bins are in there, there's a good chance that the bin men aren't coming that day!

Had it twice of late with HDN, won't be using them for my parcels.

Original Poster

ham82

if you know your postman and have arranged something it's fine but just … if you know your postman and have arranged something it's fine but just to leave items is unsafe and surely against procedure. Luckily it's been cheap items for the most part!

That's the thing, the item was worth nearly £60 and now OOS!

Banned

Everyone should claim goods not received when this happens, that should stop them doing it.

spikeyjacko

That's the thing, the item was worth nearly £60 and now OOS!

the only thing I can think of is next time your expecting something give your neighbours a heads-up. you shouldn't have to but maybe it's for the best.

my neighbour across the landing is ok too, i know he wouldn't do anything but the guy below is pretty shady.

barky

i'm sure it happens. even if they could prove that the postman delivered it, if it's left on the doorstep they can't prove that I received it.

Original Poster

ham82

i'm sure it happens. even if they could prove that the postman delivered … i'm sure it happens. even if they could prove that the postman delivered it, if it's left on the doorstep they can't prove that I received it.

I've just checked the tracking, and I can see it's signed for by 'L/Safe Posted'
Left in a safe place, yeah right, under a bench!!

spikeyjacko

I've just checked the tracking, and I can see it's signed for by 'L/Safe … I've just checked the tracking, and I can see it's signed for by 'L/Safe Posted'Left in a safe place, yeah right, under a bench!!

call to complain!

Original Poster

ham82

call to complain!

I had a parcel from home delivery and they put it in the blue bin, which was out on the street at the time.....the blue bin got emptied that day

Someone could have had that.

master_chief

Everyone should claim goods not received when this happens, that should … Everyone should claim goods not received when this happens, that should stop them doing it.

some people WANT this though, I do. I actually bought a unit for people to put things in, even got a key, so the courier can lock it and put the key through the letterbox if its expensive. I'd rather do that than me waste more time ringing a robot/collecting it/waiting in.

there is one courier that comes to us that will actually make his way into our back garden to hide a parcel and leave a card stating where, with a big fence and gate im happy for this to happen. He makes the effort to ensure it is out of prying eyes.

once they (wasn't citylink )left an expensive parcel under a car in my drive , the driver(of the car) drove off I came home to find my parcel in squashed/destroyed couldn't understand how until we saw the cctv
Edited by: "effingandjeffing" 17th Jan 2011

Banned

shanecr

there is one courier that comes to us that will actually make his way … there is one courier that comes to us that will actually make his way into our back garden to hide a parcel and leave a card stating where, with a big fence and gate im happy for this to happen. He makes the effort to ensure it is out of prying eyes.

Agreed. I'd be more than happy with that. Mine just leaves on the doorstep, despite there being 2 boxed areas by the door that could be used. A short while ago, I had a couple of Deal Xtreme parcels thrown over my side gate, where it stayed for 3 weeks in the pouring rain and destroyed.

Original Poster

I appreciated that the driver had left it, instead of taking it back to the Depo, I just wish he had put it in a more secure place!!

Complain to the sender, most if not all del co's must signature as proof or senders consent to leave in "safe place".

firth_face

Home Delivery Network are worst! I got a text saying my parcel would be … Home Delivery Network are worst! I got a text saying my parcel would be here by half 12, went out at 2 - still wasn't here. Got back at 4 and there he was on my doorstep. I told him I lived here and he gave me it, Without a second thought. I could've been anyone!!Idiots. And their collection depot is slow!

I had a similar problem with HDNL 2 years ago but that was when they were using local people and not real van drivers, it was a family of 4 in a car who came to my front door, knocked on it and said "are you Mr """" and of course the person said yes to a big box with Pc World on it! and so I had to spend about a month chasing up Pc World to get a refund, I did in the end but the delivery person was quite grumpy with ME after that for complaining about them.

barky

Done this before. Its their fault...

Original Poster

Decided to be honest, as I want a replacement for the item as it appears to have been used..
However, I did make the point of emailing them about the delivery charge, and how I feel that I've paid for a sub standard service!

Banned

Grimer

Done this before. Its their fault...

Added to my database, enjoy a call at your house from the plod.

shanecr

there is one courier that comes to us that will actually make his way … there is one courier that comes to us that will actually make his way into our back garden to hide a parcel and leave a card stating where, with a big fence and gate im happy for this to happen. He makes the effort to ensure it is out of prying eyes.

my delivery guy lurrrves me

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/michelleleemoo/DSC00050.jpg

guv

Agreed. I'd be more than happy with that. Mine just leaves on the … Agreed. I'd be more than happy with that. Mine just leaves on the doorstep, despite there being 2 boxed areas by the door that could be used. A short while ago, I had a couple of Deal Xtreme parcels thrown over my side gate, where it stayed for 3 weeks in the pouring rain and destroyed.

What's 3 weeks between friends when it's DX?

royal mail left an ipod on my doorstep and it was pouring down they are a joke !

postman left dvds at my back door (fnar,fnar) without leaving a message, window cleaner told me their was a parcel there even though the post was not delivered yet, was out the back for 24 hours in the rain. luckily they seem to be fine.

Banned

michelleleemoo

Well he's either your partner or a bit on the side

ryouga

I had a similar problem with HDNL 2 years ago but that was when they were … I had a similar problem with HDNL 2 years ago but that was when they were using local people and not real van drivers, it was a family of 4 in a car who came to my front door, knocked on it and said "are you Mr """" and of course the person said yes to a big box with Pc World on it! and so I had to spend about a month chasing up Pc World to get a refund, I did in the end but the delivery person was quite grumpy with ME after that for complaining about them.

??? they delivered a pc to your house? did you not order a pc? I dont geddit?

michelleleemoo

Bless!

splatsplatsplat

??? they delivered a pc to your house? did you not order a pc? I dont … ??? they delivered a pc to your house? did you not order a pc? I dont geddit?

I ordered a PC and when they came to deliver they asked the person at the door if they were me, and the person said yes.

On Christmas eve a special delivery package was delivered while I was at work. The postman signed for it and left it on the table in my porch. It was a brand new iPhone 4 - worth £600, for next door!

So he didn't even delivery it to the correct address. I took it next door and didn't even get a thanks. Some neighbours huh. Next time I'll keep it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18206624
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769188
    3. Mercedes-Benz recalls 400,000 cars in UK over airbag fault11
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427214624

See more discussions