Courier service for heavy items

Posted 2nd Mar
I need to return a shower enclosure (approx 30kg - 1.9m x 0.5m x 0.2m) and tray (12kg - 1m x 1m x 0.2m) to Victoria Plumbing (Liverpool) from Nottingham.

I've had a quick look and UPS seems to fit my requirements but is expensive at £68.

Does anyone have any experience and/or recommend a courier service?

Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Parcel force I believe there is 40% off unidays too
senditnow.com is Parcelforce under a different name

Whichever carrier you use, check their exclusions before sending - some are quite wide-ranging. On the whole, Parcelforce/Royalmail have the fewest exclusions
Re-reading your post, you may find that for two large/heavy items, a local man-with-a-van type service might be cheapest
Have you checked their returns policy? Presumably, it is not faulty and they have agreed they will accept it/refund you? Is it worth driving it there yourself?
Try paisley freight or shiply.
JimboParrot02/03/2020 13:17

Have you checked their returns policy? Presumably, it is not faulty and …Have you checked their returns policy? Presumably, it is not faulty and they have agreed they will accept it/refund you? Is it worth driving it there yourself?

It’s not faulty and I have checked their returns policy and it states:

Returning An Unwanted Item
  • Unwanted items returned to us our done so at your own expense

unfortunately, it’s not worth me driving it (180 round trip and over 5hrs).
If it's no more than 30KG try putting the weights in here: dpdlocal-online.co.uk
Caulcano02/03/2020 13:58

It’s not faulty and I have checked their returns policy and it s …It’s not faulty and I have checked their returns policy and it states:Returning An Unwanted ItemUnwanted items returned to us our done so at your own expenseunfortunately, it’s not worth me driving it (180 round trip and over 5hrs).

That doesn't necessarily mean they won't arrange their own collection and just bill you, have you asked?
Just curious, is it going back to Victoria Plumbing or the other company with a very similar name, Victorian Plumbing?
When did they deliver and why the return?
Parcel2Go is quoting £35 for the shower enclosure via Parcelforce 48large and £8 with UPS for the shower tray. Try grab a Parcelforce 40% Unidays code off someone and you'll get it for alot less.
Haircut_10002/03/2020 19:39

Just curious, is it going back to Victoria Plumbing or the other company …Just curious, is it going back to Victoria Plumbing or the other company with a very similar name, Victorian Plumbing?

Yes, Victorian Plumbing.
Bertz9902/03/2020 19:41

When did they deliver and why the return?

Last Friday and because it’s too small.
pompadoms02/03/2020 20:36

Parcel2Go is quoting £35 for the shower enclosure via Parcelforce 48large …Parcel2Go is quoting £35 for the shower enclosure via Parcelforce 48large and £8 with UPS for the shower tray. Try grab a Parcelforce 40% Unidays code off someone and you'll get it for alot less.

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants