Groups

Courier service recommendations if there is a postal strike?

We send out a lot of packet post where I work ranging from a small jiffy bag size to small parcel size. Weight is from 500g - about 2 kg.

If the postal strike goes ahead, we will need an alternative courier service to send out our parcels - can anyone recommend someone? We already use a courier service for our larger stuff, but they are fixed rate and don't have a cheaper rate for the smaller stuff

Thanks

11 Comments

Compare different prices on parcel2go.com/

what area are you in?

Original Poster

muckyangel;6527138

what area are you in?

We're in the Midlands, but we send stuff out all through the UK...

Original Poster

Rhianne;6527135

Compare different prices on http://www.parcel2go.com/

Found that one today, but are they any good? Have you ever used them yourself?

I believe pigeons are quite cheap these days

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;6527127

ive used parcel monkey loads of times and you get cashback via quidco

Just had a quick look at them & seems to start from £6 per parcel? that's a pretty much what we pay for a large & heavy parcel to go out. I'm really after something for the much lighter stuff - thanks anyway, might give them a call and see if they do a volume discount

Laffy42;6527216

Found that one today, but are they any good? Have you ever used them … Found that one today, but are they any good? Have you ever used them yourself?

No problems from me, they are now doing quotes with Fedex and HDNL, I usually use DHL as they are the cheapest, they are even cheaper if you send more than 4 parcels at a time (£4.99+VAT instead of £6.49+VAT)

Original Poster

bum-trumpet;6527230

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/send/Not used them myself but interesting … http://www.collectplus.co.uk/send/Not used them myself but interesting service

OK that looks really mad ... I guess if we get desperate we might think about it - looks pretty cheap at least!

myHermes CAN BE cheaper for some items depending on weight, but the insurance levels are worse than a first class stamp, plus you have to pay extra for a sig if you need POD.

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat;6527261

No problems from me, they are now doing quotes with Fedex and HDNL, I … No problems from me, they are now doing quotes with Fedex and HDNL, I usually use DHL as they are the cheapest, they are even cheaper if you send more than 4 parcels at a time (£4.99+VAT instead of £6.49+VAT)

splatsplatsplat;6527278

myHermes CAN BE cheaper for some items depending on weight, but the … myHermes CAN BE cheaper for some items depending on weight, but the insurance levels are worse than a first class stamp, plus you have to pay extra for a sig if you need POD.

thanks for those - I will check them out

myHermes sounds interesting - it would be to replace a packet post service so don't really need POD, and aren't high value items - thanks & repped
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands22
      2. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings44
      3. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?22
      4. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1222

See more discussions