Expired

courier that will take musical instruments? (violin)

Found 3rd Jun 2013
Hi - I've looked through the forums for a courier to take an item I've sold on ebay and found that myhermes is recommended. However, my problem is that they say that musical instruments are prohibited (which seems extreme given that it's a child's violin!) so I was wondering if anybody could recommend another carrier please?

Many thanks
Community Updates
AskCourierMusicMusical
5 Comments
For something like this I would use UPS. Guaranteed reliable service and not full of half witted monkeys who will leave your parcel anywhere.
Original Poster
Cheers Jimbo - I'll check out their prices now
Many thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated
Original Poster
ended up with Yodel via parcel2go
fingers crossed!
I used-to drive trucks for City link ( formerly target worldwide express) we used to shift all the keyboard for Roland in swansea so guarantee citylink will be able to help you. Try inter parcel. Freight broker.they offer as a rough price £8.80 plus vat for next day delivery on a consignment the size of a child's violin with citylink. Cheaper than approaching city link directly

Original Poster
Thanks welsh ham - I already paid Yodel now (they specifically said that violins under £100 are ok)
I paid the insurance up to £45 (buyer paid me £30) and it cost me £10.20 in total to send (buyer paid me £10 for postage)
I hope it goes ok, I don't often sell big items on eBay so I'm new to this courier business!

Thanks to you both
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants