Courier to post a monitor?

Posted 3rd Nov
Anyone know which courier company I could use to post a monitor within the UK?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Hermes probably would be the cheapest.
Dealzonwheels03/11/2019 18:26

Hermes probably would be the cheapest.

But would they insure it though? I need it posting insured.
Yes
Hermes are shockingly bad as a courier service. I would avoid.

Check parcel2go. You get plenty of options and varying levels of insurance.

Certain companies will also collect from residential / place of work if you don't have / don't want to use a local drop off.
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 18:36

Hermes are shockingly bad as a courier service. I would avoid.Check …Hermes are shockingly bad as a courier service. I would avoid.Check parcel2go. You get plenty of options and varying levels of insurance.Certain companies will also collect from residential / place of work if you don't have / don't want to use a local drop off.

P2g explicitly have monitor listed as a banned item. So they won't touch it or insure it.
Honestly, I never knew that!!

I shipped a monitor to ROI not long ago (granted it was a crt as part of an Amstrad CPC664).

I declared what I was shipping and used parcelforce.
bbfb12303/11/2019 18:37

P2g explicitly have monitor listed as a banned item. So they won't touch …P2g explicitly have monitor listed as a banned item. So they won't touch it or insure it.

Hermes are shockingly bad as a courier service. I would avoid.

Check parcel2go. You get plenty of options and varying levels of insurance.

Certain companies will also collect from residential / place of work if you don't have / don't want to use a local drop off.
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 18:40

Honestly, I never knew that!!I shipped a monitor to ROI not long ago …Honestly, I never knew that!!I shipped a monitor to ROI not long ago (granted it was a crt as part of an Amstrad CPC664).I declared what I was shipping and used parcelforce.Hermes are shockingly bad as a courier service. I would avoid.Check parcel2go. You get plenty of options and varying levels of insurance.Certain companies will also collect from residential / place of work if you don't have / don't want to use a local drop off.

When you put monitor in it says it's not allowed. So there's no point lying because if it gets damaged I won't be covered.
Just checked p2go prohibited list and there's no mention of monitor whether CRT / LCD.
Take a look at Parcelmonkey, I've always used parcel2go or parcel monkey.

Both provide a huge number of options and are competitively priced.
I just did a mock up on p2go inputting computer monitor and it worked.

38894151-w2f52.jpg
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 18:55

I just did a mock up on p2go inputting computer monitor and it …I just did a mock up on p2go inputting computer monitor and it worked.[Image]

Put monitor in and see what it says
Ultimately, how it is packed will decide how it arrives.
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 18:55

I just did a mock up on p2go inputting computer monitor and it …I just did a mock up on p2go inputting computer monitor and it worked.[Image]

"Covered For Loss Only... Such As Cameras, Monitors, Computers, All In One Computers, Drones, Lamps, Laptops, Scanners, TV, Projector Etc..."
parcel2go.com/pro…ems
Inter parcel. Note pretty much most companies don’t insure them, they are excluded in the terms.
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 21:28

Inter parcel. Note pretty much most companies don’t insure them, they are e …Inter parcel. Note pretty much most companies don’t insure them, they are excluded in the terms.

Inter parcel said no cover for it
bbfb12304/11/2019 14:51

Inter parcel said no cover for it

As I said pretty much most companies won’t cover it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants