Couriers? Does any courier let you choose morning or afternoon or specify collection time?

Found 10th Sep 2012
Basically i'm getting fed up of waiting in for couriers so thought i'd see if any knew any websites where you can specify the collection time. The driver for city link has told me there is but he doesn't know how to book it or where to book it.

I'm wanting it for 24 hour service so collectplus/myhermes are no good and post office is £19-£20 for parcelforce 24 which is pretty expensive but will use if need be.

if anyone knows anywhere that lets you specify a collection time (even if it costs) then i'd be very interested. Not really fussed who the courier is as long as they offer a next day/guaranteed next day with tracking.

Thanks.

14 Comments

DHL offer a two hour window for collections

dont know about non account holders but interlink express at work i can choose a collection time

dpd will give you a 2hr time window usually

i'm sick of waiting in all day too! I need couriers quite often so a time slot would be perfect. Don't want to pay a premium because of it though.

or mabye go to post office ?

davver99

And pay triple the amount and carry a 20kg box! Yeah right

Original Poster

davver99

The parcelforce 24 service cost over double to send if taking it to the post office, that's what i'll end up doing if I can't find anywhere but would prefer to avoid paying that much otherwise it's only an extra £5 to send it special delivery.
Thanks for suggestions but i'm still having no luck finding any such thing.

Original Poster

Interparcel lets you select earliest collection at midday so in effect it would have to be collected in the afternoon, but that's just a guideline and also the price would have been £17 (Citylink), i'd rather pay the extra £2 to get parcelforce 24 at post office!

I use city link as the depot is only a mile away.
Book with parcel monkey say 10.00am monday morning print label and take to depot.
Gets delivered next day which is better than collect tuesday delivered wednesday.
No waiting in and cheap delivery suits me .
Might no suit everybody.

Original Poster

bigwheels

I use city link as the depot is only a mile away.Book with parcel monkey … I use city link as the depot is only a mile away.Book with parcel monkey say 10.00am monday morning print label and take to depot.Gets delivered next day which is better than collect tuesday delivered wednesday.No waiting in and cheap delivery suits me .Might no suit everybody.

Oh right didn't know that was an option. So you just go through with it as if your ordering for the next day but then take it in the same day?

hy there ive being for my things from Monday and they told me i well gt it today,this what i really hate

lesz

hy there ive being for my things from Monday and they told me i well gt … hy there ive being for my things from Monday and they told me i well gt it today,this what i really hate

Me too.

Hang on, what?

lesz

hy there ive being for my things from Monday and they told me i well gt … hy there ive being for my things from Monday and they told me i well gt it today,this what i really hate

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Bric123/GrammarPolice.jpg

GentleTouch

i'm sick of waiting in all day too! I need couriers quite often so a time … i'm sick of waiting in all day too! I need couriers quite often so a time slot would be perfect. Don't want to pay a premium because of it though.

I want to eat gourmet food but I only want to pay Macdonalds prices, so I know how you feel.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants