Found 30th Apr 2007
Where to begin, hmmmm...

I'm currently working in the retail trade, and to be quite fair i'm getting a bit fed up of it. Only plus side to the job I have at the moment is that I work 6am-2pm and then have the rest of the day to myself. I don't have to use my brain whilst at work and it gets boring and tiresome.

so down to the reason of the post. With so many courses floating about whats the best way to go about bettering myself, I have interests in PC Building and repair, and also have interests in the other side of computers, ie DTP, Spreadsheets, Databases... web page design.

I have a Level 2 NVQ in Information Technology.

Just don't realy know where to look because there are alot of courses online but some just look like scammers. I want a course that gives me a qualification at the end of it.

well thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for your replys

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

Have you tired ]http//ww…uk/? They offer some pretty good courses and the qualifications are highly recognised by employers.

I work for a company called Getronics. They deal with Barclays bank as their IT Helpdesk. I triage the calls that come in. Anyway...to the point! Getronics have an online university that allows you to gain some certifications including Microsoft :w00t: [url]www.getronics.com[/url]

I was in the same boat as you, working in retail, got boring, moved to distribution side, got made redundant, decided to change career (IT), went to college, gained some City & Guilds qualifications, done some temp admin work to gain a bit of experience, signed up with [url]www.cwjobs.co.uk[/url] (IT job site) got an interviiew, got employed and lovin' it! :w00t: Hope this kinda helps ya...:?

Spriggan

Birdyboy the cwjobs link doesn't work

Sorry, try again! :thumbsup:

Great site birdy, will use that site in a few months when I graduate from Uni :-D

Original Poster

thanks for the suggestions

birdyboyuk

I work for a company called Getronics. They deal with Barclays bank as … I work for a company called Getronics. They deal with Barclays bank as their IT Helpdesk. I triage the calls that come in. Anyway...to the point! Getronics have an online university that allows you to gain some certifications including Microsoft :w00t: [url]www.getronics.com[/url]I was in the same boat as you, working in retail, got boring, moved to distribution side, got made redundant, decided to change career (IT), went to college, gained some City & Guilds qualifications, done some temp admin work to gain a bit of experience, signed up with [url]www.cwjobs.co.uk[/url] (IT job site) got an interviiew, got employed and lovin' it! :w00t: Hope this kinda helps ya...:?

Getonics. It's a small world. I've worked on the servers in Runcorn
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
    2. word association Game74244871
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    4. Misco about to go into administration912

See more discussions