Found 31st May 2010
What do I write in a covering letter? What's points should I cover?
I am bit lost on this.

Thanks for any help.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Banned

Draw a smiley face.

covering letter for what

a job

Seach online there will be templates of what should be written. A covering letter is to show how stuff on your cv is related to the job you are applying for

Original Poster

bossyboots;8733220

covering letter for what

for a job application. Sorry should have made that clearer

Original Poster

davidian84;8733246

a jobSeach online there will be templates of what should be written. A … a jobSeach online there will be templates of what should be written. A covering letter is to show how stuff on your cv is related to the job you are applying for

So I just mention each key skill I have on my cv in relation to the job? Is this letter specific to each job I apply for then?

ele-font;8733329

So I just mention each key skill I have on my cv in relation to the job? … So I just mention each key skill I have on my cv in relation to the job? Is this letter specific to each job I apply for then?

if you put in "covering letter for a job application" in google loads come up. have a look and you will find one that you feel suits you.

Good luck btw:thumbsup:

yeah you should do one for each job or at least each type of job.

If you are dealing with customers you need to show where you have done that before.
If its a leadership role you would show where you have organized an event or people before

you relate your previous jobs, hobbies, achievements or qualifications to the job you want, and show how you have the experience to do what the role of the job requires.

davidian84;8733372

yeah you should do one for each job or at least each type of job.If you … yeah you should do one for each job or at least each type of job.If you are dealing with customers you need to show where you have done that before. If its a leadership role you would show where you have organized an event or people beforeyou relate your previous jobs, hobbies, achievements or qualifications to the job you want, and show how you have the experience to do what the role of the job requires.

this definitely - but would also say dont make your covering letter too long as you will be attachiing your cv which should be full of information

Relate everything to the job but most importantly dont write an essay. Employers want info but they want it concise - quick and to the point

Original Poster

Thanks guys very helpful. Repped!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52422868
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769469
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247630
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2355

See more discussions