Covid-19 antibody blood test (NHS £10 off)

Posted 20th May
These guys are offering the Covid-19 blood antibodie test. It's the Abbot test and is carried out by a company called The Doctors Laboratory(TDL).

Postage is free next working day by DPD when ordered before 4PM and the test results take 24 hours from the lab receiving your sample.

The test is a tiny blood sample from your little finger which is then sent off in the prepaid envelope to TDL for testing. I sent mine Monday evening and got my results this afternoon (Wednesday).

NHS workers get £10 off with their NHS ID emailed or sent via the livechat function on the website.

webmedpharmacy.co.uk/buy…kit
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
£59 for the blood test
£145 for the swab test
In case anyone was wondering without having to click the link.
4 Comments
I can’t be bothered with this. I am quite certain that I haven’t had it.
£59 for the blood test
£145 for the swab test
In case anyone was wondering without having to click the link.
The abbot test has awful accuracy and is no longer recommended, waste of money imo.

Novacyt / primerdesign has the best antigen test , 100% accuracy, think you may need to be NHS to get that test though. Tests themselves (swab) are £8 each. Avacta are about to release an antigen test that can be purchased by joe public, not sure how much.

For antibody test, surescreen diagnostics in Derby. Test kit is £6, need to stab yourself, and pretty accurate for an antibody test, before only businesses could purchase, they may have opened this up to general public now. Roche have an antibody test too which is pretty accurate and is the one the Govt is trying to procure.

IMO though antibody test pointless, like the common cold, you may only have immunity up to 12 months (one season), having test might give you false sense of security and you could still be infected by a different strain.
MrKrabs20/05/2020 17:50

The abbot test has awful accuracy and is no longer recommended, waste of …The abbot test has awful accuracy and is no longer recommended, waste of money imo.Novacyt / primerdesign has the best antigen test , 100% accuracy, think you may need to be NHS to get that test though. Tests themselves (swab) are £8 each. Avacta are about to release an antigen test that can be purchased by joe public, not sure how much.For antibody test, surescreen diagnostics in Derby. Test kit is £6, need to stab yourself, and pretty accurate for an antibody test, before only businesses could purchase, they may have opened this up to general public now. Roche have an antibody test too which is pretty accurate and is the one the Govt is trying to procure.IMO though antibody test pointless, like the common cold, you may only have immunity up to 12 months (one season), having test might give you false sense of security and you could still be infected by a different strain.

The reason for the short immunity is that the common cold virus mutates to evade herd immunity. That's why there are sometimes 2 different flu vaccines available. The NHS has to lay a bet on which strain will be prevalent before stocking up. With CV-19 the jury is still out, if we're lucky, mutations of it won't be so fatal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions