COVID 19 antibody test, same as Superdrug

Posted 20th MayEdited by:"robmiller667"
Superdrug is selling the Covid 19 antibody test for 69 quid but the website is getting hammered.

Babylon health has the same.test and.same.price which can be ordered via their app.

Go to babylonhealth.com and download the app. You can only order it via the app.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on earth would you fork out 69 quid for it?
11 Comments
For those people that want to take an antibody test this is the same test that Superdrug is selling but it is far easier to order!

This advice from the superdrug is worth bearing in mind:

'Receiving a positive antibody test result does not confer immunity, and it is important that people understand a positive test result does not mean you can be any more relaxed with the required hygiene and social distancing measures as set out by the government.'
If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on earth would you fork out 69 quid for it?
I didn't know these were available yet.

For me I'd be interested to know if I've had it or not, went through a period of being ill for over 8 weeks - thankfully I'm fine now.

I think it be nice to confirm it was that, so at least I can prove to a few people at work too.

Maybe a waste of money for some, but for me I rather know if I had it
dufflecoat_moon_turkey20/05/2020 16:36

If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on …If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on earth would you fork out 69 quid for it?

Agree!

If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on …If it doesn't mean immunity and you still have to follow guidelines why on earth would you fork out 69 quid for it?

May be worth it, whether to jump off an Uber immediately when the driver coughs or wait for the next traffic light on red.
Ordered 5 for eBay to sell for £500 each
I'd like to know too but at £69 no, I don't like to the tune of £69.

Government should have been testing more ages back.

Proof of antibodies may not mean immunity.
Edited by: "Mum2CerysCiaran" 20th May

Peace of mind. Though it doesn’t mean you’re immune, you *probably* are. Especially short term. I had a few symptoms back in January after a short hospital visit so for me, and if I did test positive, it would be nice to know my body was able to fight it off without complications. Agree it’s a lot of money for what it is though but they know people (like me) will purchase.
Weren’t they meant to be a lot cheaper sub £10????
charles.baldwin20/05/2020 18:47

Weren’t they meant to be a lot cheaper sub £10????

They will be free if you wait could be a year for everyone to get tested or longer. If they find there is no immunity they probably won’t stop testing especially if the antibodies don’t stick around very long. Official terminology that sick around.

The tenner is the cost to the government of the test itself, not the processing etc or the profit for Superdrug.
Superdrug 0.85% cashback at TCB. Tssk, you guys are all amateurs

Agree price is too high, but like many, would like to know. Thought Boots & Amazon were the "official" suppliers though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions