Covid 19 home test kit

Posted 9th Jul
Hi. If I order the home test kit now Does it come over the weekend. Do they collect this kit from you also over the weekend? Is it easy to do?
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
deleted2512149
Yes, mine was collected on a Sunday at around 8am. Good job he waited as I was still snoring
All instructions are on the email & included within the kit.

Having had one, the test is simple, it’ll be delivered to you, you take it & then you’ll have to go to the website with the code provided on the sheet within the kit, then you’ll apply for your kit to be picked up by Royal Mail from your house (leave outside in safe place) & they’ll pick up then wait 2-3 days for results to be emailed to you.
deleted251214909/07/2020 22:09

Yes, mine was collected on a Sunday at around 8am. Good job he waited as I …Yes, mine was collected on a Sunday at around 8am. Good job he waited as I was still snoring

Does it come within 48 hours? Easy to do?
deleted2512149
Sliwka09/07/2020 22:12

Yes it came next day, delivered by Amazon. It's not hard but I'd say it's slightly unpleasant. Just ensure you go slowly and use a mirror so you can see what you're doing. I hope it's negative
Sliwka09/07/2020 22:12

Yes you have to order early morning to receive the next day but most likely 48 hours
How do you get 1?
sdylan09/07/2020 23:01

https://self-referral.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk

Thanks never knew about this.
If you are able to drive, the fixed / mobile test sites will get your result back quicker, and have much less chance of being void due to delays with couriering the tests each way.

Additionally, home test kits are only worthwhile in the first 3-4 days of symptoms
Gollywood09/07/2020 23:17

That cough getting worse?

A little better. Think it’s due to weather
sdylan09/07/2020 23:01

https://self-referral.test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk

You'd have thought they could have come up with a better URL than that.
Has the accuracy of the home tests improved? I remember reading there were many issues.
bozo00710/07/2020 06:22

Has the accuracy of the home tests improved? I remember reading there were …Has the accuracy of the home tests improved? I remember reading there were many issues.

I would imagine the issue of accuracy is most people’s inability to perform it correctly. Both my parents and my daughter have had one performed on them, and said there’s no way they would have been able to do it themselves properly.
It is definitely better to go to one of the testing stations, where they do it for you, as that swab up the nose has to be put in correctly, as otherwise there is no point doing it, I know I watched some on the TV a few weeks ago and it was obvious they were not doing it properly.
Just a tip, the mobile units are only self test. And not all of the fixed sites have the option of them undertaking the test on you.
fearona10/07/2020 08:46

Comment deleted

Well, I hope you failed your test! 😜
fearona10/07/2020 09:28

Comment deleted

That’s what I meant. Son took test this week. Was pleased to hear he hadn’t passed.
deleted251214909/07/2020 22:09

Yes, mine was collected on a Sunday at around 8am. Good job he waited as I …Yes, mine was collected on a Sunday at around 8am. Good job he waited as I was still snoring

They say I shouldn't send my parcel at Sunday or bank Holiday
41360950-94zkt.jpg
deleted2512149
Sliwka11/07/2020 16:06

They say I shouldn't send my parcel at Sunday or bank Holiday[Image]

Didn't notice that when I did mine, wasn't any issues
walrus410/07/2020 07:38

I would imagine the issue of accuracy is most people’s inability to p …I would imagine the issue of accuracy is most people’s inability to perform it correctly. Both my parents and my daughter have had one performed on them, and said there’s no way they would have been able to do it themselves properly.

100% true.
Post a comment
@
    Text