Covid certificate for flying abroad

Posted 1st Sep
An family friend has to travel abroad to look after an elderly family member and needs a covid test certificate to show his negative. Where can this be done without people ripping you off. Iv seen private companies charging up to 250.00 cheapest 180.00? I’m in Birmingham if anyone knows cheaper options thanx
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
nhs.uk/con…us/

NHS will send a confirmation email that you didn’t have covid at the time of the test
I just used the NHS email I get when I’ve had a test that worked when going to Qatar
His on Emirates. Can he just get tested on nhs I thought it’s just for those with symptoms. But will definitely ask than
nkr02/09/2020 00:10

His on Emirates. Can he just get tested on nhs I thought it’s just for t …His on Emirates. Can he just get tested on nhs I thought it’s just for those with symptoms. But will definitely ask than

Asymptomatic people are most likely to spread as per new research. Quite logical, since they are not seeing any signs that they need to isolate.

Bear in mind that the NHS test is a Yes or No test. It cannot tell you if you have already had the virus earlier; it only checks if you have it when the test is done.
Some of my relatives travelled on Emirates last month and the test had to be done within 5 days of boarding the flight. So you have to make sure you can get the results quickly
I think he goes Tuesday so should get done by Friday I think but will call and ask first. Thanx for the lin
winzzz01/09/2020 22:53

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/NHS will send a confirmation email that you didn’t have covid at the time of the test

I don’t think you can just do that for this, is that what the system is for ?
Looked on NHS and can't see anywhere that does Anti body tests. I'm willing to pay to have one done. If I have antibodies I could donate blood plasma. No testing facility near me, nearest one is Bupa in Leeds
nandy02/09/2020 10:50

Looked on NHS and can't see anywhere that does Anti body tests. I'm …Looked on NHS and can't see anywhere that does Anti body tests. I'm willing to pay to have one done. If I have antibodies I could donate blood plasma. No testing facility near me, nearest one is Bupa in Leeds

Anti body test isn’t very reliable detecting only the extreme cases.
Freddy_uk02/09/2020 13:58

snoopy1802/09/2020 10:10

I don’t think you can just do that for this, is that what the system is f …I don’t think you can just do that for this, is that what the system is for ?

Many people are using the nhs to get free tests so they can go abroad as some countries require a negative test result before entry eg. Cyprus
Freddy_uk02/09/2020 13:58

It's picked up antibodies on people where I work who never knew they had covid they didn't have any of the symptoms except feeling run down which they put down to working.

Other who knew they had covid also had the antibodies. None of these were extreme cases.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 2nd Sep
myusernamehasgone23402/09/2020 20:48

It's picked up antibodies on people where I work who never knew they had …It's picked up antibodies on people where I work who never knew they had covid they didn't have any of the symptoms except feeling run down which they put down to working.Other who knew they had covid also had the antibodies. None of these were extreme cases.

Don’t believe everything you read I guess
Post a comment
@
    Text