COVID System Tracker IOS and Android App

Posted 26th MarEdited by:"BulldogNo1"
Self-report daily.
Help slow the outbreak.
Identify those at risk sooner.

The COVID Symptom Tracker was designed by doctors and scientists at King's College London, Guys and St Thomas’ Hospitals working in partnership with ZOE Global Ltd – a health science company.

IOS App

Android App
Community Updates

Groups

8 Comments
Signed up. Thanks OP
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 26th Mar
A word of caution on these applications.

Not a single one is officially led by Public Health England or the NHS. Researching the companies behind them is also difficult and it's not clear how they are using the data and where it is being aggregated and when and who it will be released to.

Boris cannot endorse one of these apps because they also don't know what the aggregated data is being used for and how accurate the data collected will be owing to human error and intentional misreporting.

Another Application is touting itself as aiming for 1 million downloads in 24 Hrs. That seems at odds with an aim to assist the Govt response.

The owner of AO has arranged an email campaign to all of its subscribers and states;

"As well as being AO's Founder and CEO, I also have a very small interest in helping a business over the last few years called Evergreen Health. Their mission in life is to help people take control of their health and never has this been more important."

I would like to know more about the 'small interest' and the 'return' he may be getting for people onboarding with the application.

This technology certainly has its place but it should be in one application/website which is being led/developed by a trusted Govt Body.
This particular app was heavily featured yesterday on the 6.30pm BBC London news, asking the people of London to join in. It’s a local initiative for local people to engage with. If it can help in anyway to predict where the wave is spreading or receding, then the Ambulance service and Hospitals will know where to redirect their resources.
Toptrumpet26/03/2020 13:50

This particular app was heavily featured yesterday on the 6.30pm BBC …This particular app was heavily featured yesterday on the 6.30pm BBC London news, asking the people of London to join in. It’s a local initiative for local people to engage with.

Yes, I put it on deals so that it would get more exposure but it got moved to discussions by the mods unfortunately!
BulldogNo126/03/2020 13:53

Yes, I put it on deals so that it would get more exposure but it got moved …Yes, I put it on deals so that it would get more exposure but it got moved to discussions by the mods unfortunately!

It’s on here somewhere, that’s the main thing.
I can understand that they want to know if you smoke, or haveunderlying health problems, but not sure why they need to know your weight and height though I thought it was more to do with - how do you feel physically today.
Toptrumpet26/03/2020 13:58

It’s on here somewhere, that’s the main thing. I can understand that they w …It’s on here somewhere, that’s the main thing. I can understand that they want to know if you smoke, or haveunderlying health problems, but not sure why they need to know your weight and height though I thought it was more to do with - how do you feel physically today.

Hence my post above. There is no clear transparency or explanation about what data is being collated and how it will be used. You will supply the app with the data you choose. Someone else may manipulate the data they enter giving false positives etc.

I'm just advising caution and I would expect either the NHS or PHE to back a particular app/website or release their own in the near future......
Whilst this initialtive is a good idea, the mobile networks have agreed to hand the EU mobile location data to help track this, UK media seem a little quiet on this fact. So it's duplicating what's already being implemented.

nasdaq.com/art…-25

Not sure how this will sit with GDPR
andymagic26/03/2020 15:09

Whilst this initialtive is a good idea, the mobile networks have agreed to …Whilst this initialtive is a good idea, the mobile networks have agreed to hand the EU mobile location data to help track this, UK media seem a little quiet on this fact. So it's duplicating what's already being implemented.https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/vodafone-deutsche-telekom-6-other-telcos-to-help-eu-track-virus-2020-03-25Not sure how this will sit with GDPR

Given everyone has time might be worth reading the Coronavirus bill...

publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/lbill/58-01/110/5801110.pdf

24 Extension of time limits for retention of fingerprints and DNA profiles
(1) This section applies to fingerprints and DNA profiles that are retained—

Coronavirus Bill
Part 1 —
(a) in accordance with a national security determination;
(b) under any of the following provisions—
(c) before being destroyed under—
(2) The Secretary of State may make regulations extending, for up to six months, the period for which the fingerprints and DNA profiles may be retained.
(3) The Secretary of State may exercise the power under subsection (2) only if the Secretary of State considers that— (a) coronavirus is having, or is likely to have, an adverse effect on the capacity of persons responsible for making national security determinations to consider whether to make, or renew, national security determinations, and (b) it is in the interests of national security to retain the fingerprints or DNA profiles.
(4) The power under subsection (2) may be exercised on more than one occasion, but not so as to extend the period for which any fingerprints or DNA profile may be retained by more than 12 months in total.
(5) The power under subsection (2) may be exercised only in relation to fingerprints and DNA profiles which (ignoring the possibility of an extension otherwise than by regulations under that subsection) would need to be destroyed within the period of 12 months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed.
(6) Before making regulations under this section, the Secretary of State must consult the Commissioner for the Retention and Use of Biometric Material.
(7) If the Secretary of State has not exercised the power under subsection (2) before the end of the period of 3 months beginning with the day on which this Act is passed, this section ceases to have effect.
(8) Regulations under subsection (2) may— (a) make different provision for different purposes; (b) make consequential, supplementary or transitional provision.
(9) A statutory instrument containing regulations under subsection (2) is subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament.

Coronavirus Bill
Part 1 —
(10) In this section— “DNA profile” means any information derived from any material that has come from a human body and consists of or includes human cells; “fingerprints”, in relation to any person, means a record (in any form and produced by any method) of the skin pattern and other physical characteristics of—....
Edited by: "Sammy86" 26th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants