COVID19 situation

Posted 21st Mar
Hi all

I just need some help understanding the rights I have right now.

I am employed by a company and self employed too. Can I get sick pay or other benefits? Is this only if I have tested positive for coronavirus? I was thinking of staying home as a precaution. It is not possible for me to work from home due to the industries. Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Read your contract and terms and conditions
staying home as a precaution won't work for claiming benefits or help. the help is for people who are willing to go to work but can no longer do so because of government measures.

as far as i understand for self employed, there is a delay in having to pay income tax, but i am not sure if this means the upcoming 31.07.2020 payment. also delay in VAT payment if you have to pay VAT.

update - just found this, which confirms the upcoming 31.07.2020 self assessment income tax

"Sunak said he will be deferring the next round of self-assessment payments on account (originally scheduled for 31 July 2020), to January 2021."

theguardian.com/bus…its
Edited by: "mutley1" 21st Mar
So bloody generous! Self employed get less than £100 a week compared to about £600 but they get to pay some money back a little later. Oh dear that will have to change
pandy21/03/2020 22:39

So bloody generous! Self employed get less than £100 a week compared to …So bloody generous! Self employed get less than £100 a week compared to about £600 but they get to pay some money back a little later. Oh dear that will have to change

i can only think the 80% pay promise for those employed in the entertainment and leisure industry is to protect mass unemployment, which would have a severe impact on the economy. there must be less people who are self employed and so they have less generous guarantee, only statutory sick pay and deferment of tax payment.

the government is probably spending money where they think it has most impact.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants