Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Covid19 Test Free Stay Safe Everyone

Posted 8th May
Anyone with coronavirus symptoms can apply if they live with an essential worker, a person aged 65 or over, or someone who travels to work.

gov.uk/app…est
Community Updates
GOV.UK DealsMisc
16 Comments
wow never heard of this
jimhuf08/05/2020 09:24

Comment deleted

not sure about risk, but apparently I have sweet 5G signal for when I buy my new phone.
Don't expect your results back anytime soon. Got tested 2nd May 2020 at 10:00, and still awaiting the results.

Called the helpline on Thursday to be told whilst they have ramped up the testing, they have not put sufficient resources in place to check the swabs and currently a 7 day backlog!

I will either be dead or going back to work as the guidelines state before I get the results.
TGKW08/05/2020 11:16

Don't expect your results back anytime soon. Got tested 2nd May 2020 at …Don't expect your results back anytime soon. Got tested 2nd May 2020 at 10:00, and still awaiting the results.Called the helpline on Thursday to be told whilst they have ramped up the testing, they have not put sufficient resources in place to check the swabs and currently a 7 day backlog!I will either be dead or going back to work as the guidelines state before I get the results.

You have more chance of dying in a road accident on your way back to work, i wouldnt worry about it
My daughter got tested and got her results back within 2 days. 3 of her work colleagues had already been tested and they had come back within 24 hours. All at driving centers.

My daughters was thankfully negative, However her 3 work colleagues have all tested positive. The only symptoms they had were loss of taste/smell. Wife's cousin in law has tested positive, No symptoms. It seems that for lots people they'll probably not even know. My daughter got tested has her work colleagues had already tested positive and she had a very mild cough etc.. Yes I'm sure there maybe some delays but you're supposed to isolate until you get your results and testing positive isn't going to make you go into hospital, If you need hospital treatment you'll need that regardless.
jimhuf08/05/2020 09:24

Comment deleted

Phew, thankfully I bought myself a tinfoil hat from eBay, so I'm ok.
Really mods, a joke about 5G isnt acceptable. Pathetic
jimhuf08/05/2020 11:38

You have more chance of dying in a road accident on your way back to work, …You have more chance of dying in a road accident on your way back to work, i wouldnt worry about it

Really comfortung news to the over 30k families of loved ones that have passed away.

Can you point me to the accident statistics to show this many fatalities from road accidents in a 6 week period.
TGKW08/05/2020 12:49

Really comfortung news to the over 30k families of loved ones that have …Really comfortung news to the over 30k families of loved ones that have passed away.Can you point me to the accident statistics to show this many fatalities from road accidents in a 6 week period.

Is this the 30k people who were perfectly healthy before getting the terminal covid virus? or is it the 30k people who had serious health conditions to start with? What about the people in care homes in the prime of their lives?

The fact is the virus isn't that big of a threat to the lives of *most* people, like most people dont drop dead of a brain hemorrhage. Unless you have existing health issues you don't need to worry too much about it.
jimhuf08/05/2020 13:10

Is this the 30k people who were perfectly healthy before getting the …Is this the 30k people who were perfectly healthy before getting the terminal covid virus? or is it the 30k people who had serious health conditions to start with? What about the people in care homes in the prime of their lives? The fact is the virus isn't that big of a threat to the lives of *most* people, like most people dont drop dead of a brain hemorrhage. Unless you have existing health issues you don't need to worry too much about it.

You seem to be saying something along the lines of 'they were going to die anyway'.

Many people are able to live for years with serious health conditions.

Of course they shall eventually die - as shall everybody.

By your thinking we should just speed up the inevitable for the entire human race.
tryn2help08/05/2020 15:17

You seem to be saying something along the lines of 'they were going to die …You seem to be saying something along the lines of 'they were going to die anyway'.Many people are able to live for years with serious health conditions.Of course they shall eventually die - as shall everybody.By your thinking we should just speed up the inevitable for the entire human race.

40681849-eSTdc.jpg
jimhuf08/05/2020 15:25

[Image]

I did not write 'so you're saying' - I wrote 'you seem to be saying something along the lines of' (and that point of course remains intact) - there is a fairly obvious difference.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 8th May
tryn2help08/05/2020 15:35

I did not write 'so you're saying' - I wrote 'you seem to be saying …I did not write 'so you're saying' - I wrote 'you seem to be saying something along the lines of' (and that point of course remains intact) - there is a fairly obvious difference.

Ok
tryn2help08/05/2020 15:35

I did not write 'so you're saying' - I wrote 'you seem to be saying …I did not write 'so you're saying' - I wrote 'you seem to be saying something along the lines of' (and that point of course remains intact) - there is a fairly obvious difference.

Don't pay any attention to Jimhuf, he's a troll
Edited by: "AgentDaleCooper" 8th May
AgentDaleCooper08/05/2020 20:29

Don't pay any attention to Jimhuf, he's an idiot and troll.

Yes, I've noticed his behaviour in other threads. Quite sad really.
TGKW08/05/2020 12:49

Really comfortung news to the over 30k families of loved ones that have …Really comfortung news to the over 30k families of loved ones that have passed away.Can you point me to the accident statistics to show this many fatalities from road accidents in a 6 week period.

The 30k figure in fact tallies with the number of people who end up with life changing injuries on our road every year.

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/gov…pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions