Coving around trunking that is running vertically down the wall (from the ceiling to the skirting)

Found 6th Mar 2017
Thanks to the help of people on here, my polystyrene coving is going up absolutely fine (artex ceiling) - using No More Nails. The coving around the curtain pole is no longer a problem as the coving clears the brackets (have also finally managed to do the external corners) . However, I still have one more query:-

I have two vertical pieces of coving on internal corners. I'm just wondering how to get around this? There seem to be two(?) possible solutions - cove up to each side of the trunking or cove up to it and fill in over the top (with more coving).

What would be the best way to do this, and which would look better? Would I use two straight edges up to the coving and fill it with another piece, or do I use two internal pieces spaced out either side of the coving and fill it? Any suggestions (or photos) would be appreciated. I have looked on-line, but I can't find anything suggesting how to do this. Thank you.
Community Updates
AskRunningSkirtUnderwear
7 Comments
Can you cut a slot out of the Coving ?
Vertical coving? Up the corner.... That will cause trouble at the top.... No answer. Sorry..
Oh. Rad and cable trunking just notch out. Practice first with off cut. The coving can snap easy when cut so go easy
wayners

Oh. Rad and cable trunking just notch out. Practice first with off cut. … Oh. Rad and cable trunking just notch out. Practice first with off cut. The coving can snap easy when cut so go easy

When the coving is stuck to the ceiling, the gap behind it will clear the top (depth) of the trunking. The problem is that the bottom of the coving that is stuck to the wall (about an inch in depth) won't lie flush to the wall (because of the trunking that is jutting out). Do you mean to cut pieces out of the coving, so that only the top piece of trunking is covered by the coving (and the bottom piece of trunking is protruding out of the coving that will be stuck up)? Would I still use two internal angles to do this then? Thank you.
Here. Same if it's In a corner.. You can paint trunking white like in photo http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae169/Wayners123/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170306_224402_zpsdwnedwxt.jpg
If only electricians would chase cables in walls to provide a professional finish.
Smartguy1

If only electricians would chase cables in walls to provide a … If only electricians would chase cables in walls to provide a professional finish.

Yes, it would make things so much easier.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants