Cow & Gate baby food sold in Tesco recalled over tampering fears (15 Products)

ADMIN 4
Posted 27th Jan
Well worth checking if you and/or friends and family have these :/ Better safe than sorry!

Cow & Gate baby food sold by Tesco is being recalled over concerns that some of the jars may have been tampered with.

The Food Standards Agency said 15 products are being withdrawn as a "precautionary measure".

• Cow & Gate Butternut Squash Chicken & Pasta
  • Cow & Gate Courgette & Hake Rice
  • Cow & Gate Creamy Cauliflower Cheese
  • Cow & Gate Garden Pea & Turkey
  • Cow & Gate Potato Spinach & Beef
  • Cow & Gate Potato & Turkey Roast
  • Cow & Gate Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Cow & Gate Succulent Pork Casserole
  • Cow & Gate Tasty Cottage Pie
  • Cow & Gate Tomato & Courgette Pasta
  • Cow & Gate Yummy Harvest Chicken
  • Cow & Gate Apple Crumble
  • Cow & Gate Banana Crumble
  • Cow & Gate Peach Apple & Kiwi
  • Cow & Gate Rice Pudding

The recall applies to all batch codes and best-before dates.

Affected customers who purchased the jars are being urged not to feed them to their babies - and to take them back to the store where they were bought for a full refund.

3395906.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

4 Comments
Is it just the jars from Tesco cause I got some from Morrison’s have some from Tesco I will take back today but surly if one super market has problem would they all naw have same pro
stacey.canney27/01/2020 10:31

Is it just the jars from Tesco cause I got some from Morrison’s have some f …Is it just the jars from Tesco cause I got some from Morrison’s have some from Tesco I will take back today but surly if one super market has problem would they all naw have same pro

Hey, yep just Tesco right now.

If there's any change i'll update
does anyone know exactly whats gone on? they are both being very secretive about it all
alex341027/01/2020 14:04

does anyone know exactly whats gone on? they are both being very secretive …does anyone know exactly whats gone on? they are both being very secretive about it all

It might just be the lid seals were not intact/properly applied at the time of production. Might not be anything sinister, just a production error on the run that was made for Tesco. But because the lid seals act as tamper proof mechanisms, if they're broken there's a risk they've been tampered with even if it's unlikely. If the seals were not intact, it would also mean the jars are not vacuum sealed so contents will be exposed.
Edited by: "ra786" 28th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants