Groups

cpu temp for my core 2 duo E6600 2.4ghz 12 degrees

can that be right!?!?

help

seems to range from 9 degrees to about 14 idle

12 Comments

Yeah its possible, what heat sink you using, thermal paste, cooling fans case etc?

Original Poster

i have just (about 30 mins ago) changed it to a zalman 9500 with fresh paste

im sure this cannot be right as weaker single core cpus have higher temp and this core duo should run fairly hot

how are you reading the temp?

from the bios or some software that you are using ?

Ahhh understood you will too wait a fews days for the thermal paste to settle down, did you scrap it nice a thin not too thick?

Alfonse

Ahhh understood you will too wait a fews days for the thermal paste to … Ahhh understood you will too wait a fews days for the thermal paste to settle down, did you scrap it nice a thin not too thick?

good point. all you need is a drop the size of a grain of rice.

Original Poster

yep i spread is thinly

i am using the motherboard software utility from the disk (gigabyte)

What temperature was it before you changed the heatsink? At least it's not as bad as this laptop, says my board temp is 4500C...

seems a bit on the cold side as it should be at least room temperature...

i have a E6600 clocked at 3GHZ and @ the moment it is 22 degrees and my room is 20

muffin247

[SIZE=2]can that be right!?!?[/SIZE][SIZE=2]help[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE] … [SIZE=2]can that be right!?!?[/SIZE][SIZE=2]help[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]seems to range from 9 degrees to about 14 idle[/SIZE]

Doubt it unless it's faulty, try this almico.com/spe…exe and see what temperature it reads.

It's wrong.

Original Poster

thanks alot people rep spread lovingly LOL

it seems like the bundled motherboard software was playing up, dunno why it was working before i swapped heatsinks

now using speedfan it registers temp as

core 1 28
    core 2 23

which seems right

thanks once again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977