CPW

Found 3rd May 2008
Is CPW legally allowed to refuse a refund? They will only do exchanges. Is that legal?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

dont think it illegal if it not broke hmv dont do refunds aswell

Completely up2 them... even when it is faulty they may just supply you with a replacement.

Original Poster

Fair enough. Any other stores/companies that i should also avoid?

yasseral1;2021702

Fair enough. Any other stores/companies that i should also avoid?

Hmm don't know any off the top of my head... but one to definately use would be John Lewis... ABSOLUTE BRILLIANT!!! top knotch service, refunds, repairs, you name it and they are superstars!

i didnt know that abou cpw-will make sure i avoid..

donbreach;2021717

Hmm don't know any off the top of my head... but one to definately use … Hmm don't know any off the top of my head... but one to definately use would be John Lewis... ABSOLUTE BRILLIANT!!! top knotch service, refunds, repairs, you name it and they are superstars!

totally !!! also do price match
:thumbsup:

holly100;2021747

totally !!! also do price match:thumbsup:

They're the best!

but the sale of goods act says they must refund if faulty doesnt it?? if its a faulty hone they will have to check for user damage i guess but you should get a refund if you choose??

What's CPW?

hypnoticstate;2021780

What's CPW?

Car Phone Warehouse

louloo;2021775

but the sale of goods act says they must refund if faulty doesnt it?? if … but the sale of goods act says they must refund if faulty doesnt it?? if its a faulty hone they will have to check for user damage i guess but you should get a refund if you choose??

I'm sure they are allowed to just replace... gets around refunding.

Depends if its "fit for the purchase of which its sold" you can argue the toss if you're confident its not, usually though if you throw that line at somebody in a store them seem to get more helpful in a hurry, because they assume you know the law.

donbreach;2021785

Car Phone Warehouse

ah, right :thumbsup:

Fraid its not black and white u need to read up on the sale of goods act, but generally if the phone works for a reasonable period of time then develops a fault you have no right to refund and if it doesn't then the onus is on you to prove its faulty, this is switched over to them if u are willing to accept a replacement/repair
Also this would only apply to a phone not a contract as i said its far from black and white read ]here

mmm but i have cancelled a contract that was mis-sold to me..I raised my voice a little politely and hey presto!
I also find if i return goods i have more success than my teen and 20s kids have so maybe try giving it to your mum? theyll want her out of the shop so they may crumble!!!
I was a mobile store manager
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ps4 pro or xbox one x1010
    2. Gift Idea for a new mum (i'm terrible at gifts)22
    3. Cost effective damp proof laminate underlay58
    4. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x39

See more discussions