Groups

CPW charging £14.68 for a replacement sim card.

Does that seem a little steep to you? Especially when they cost just pennies to produce and they aren't going to make any money on the contract unless they supply a sim. Any ideas on getting it cheaper? I've told them that o2 are forever sending out free sims so they obviously don't cost anything. They say that o2 sims are different even though I'm on an o2 contract.

They say that I can't use an o2 sim and transfer it over and that it costs them £14.68 to produce so they don't make any profit on it!

14 Comments

What do o2 say?

SIMs do cost money to produce. O2 sending them out for free is, in business terms, called a "loss leader", where money is deliberately lost on the initial transaction as a means to gain custom that will create profit eventually. Supermarkets d the same thing all the time with their BOGOF and half-price promotions.

T-mobile chraged me £10 to relace my pay monthly one

I'd ring O2 direct, and see what they say.

Let them know your dissatisfaction, and that you may not renew, and see what they say.

3 charged me £5 to replace my mobile broadband sim when it got stolen.

Original Poster

thesaint;5386677

What do o2 say?

According to cpw it's nothing to do with o2 and an o2 sim won't work. It needs to be a cpw o2 sim?

Original Poster

dxx;5386712

SIMs do cost money to produce. O2 sending them out for free is, in … SIMs do cost money to produce. O2 sending them out for free is, in business terms, called a "loss leader", where money is deliberately lost on the initial transaction as a means to gain custom that will create profit eventually. Supermarkets d the same thing all the time with their BOGOF and half-price promotions.

I understand that but £15 is well steep, it probably costs about £1 max. Look at dealextreme shipping similar things round the world for about a pound.

Benjimoron;5386865

According to cpw it's nothing to do with o2 and an o2 sim won't work. It … According to cpw it's nothing to do with o2 and an o2 sim won't work. It needs to be a cpw o2 sim?

This may be true, but "What do o2 say"?

Yep its kind of true, because the o2 within carphonewarehouse is different. If you can remember the deal of refurbd phones i.e the n95 8gb for 100 quid, it wasnt available for carphonewarehouse customers as each time they were put through it was the wrong customer service or if you got through to the correct on they would say call back on your phone to the customer service which would put you through to the carphonewarehouse side.

If you dial the o2 careline it will take you to carphonewarehoues own o2 customer service.

dcx_badass;5387031

I'm with O2 directly and told them I was going away for 10 weeks and they … I'm with O2 directly and told them I was going away for 10 weeks and they gave me a sim for free and said if I loose my phone ring them and they'll move my contract straight over to the spare. On the receipt he gave me it said replacement sim - £0.00

Yeh i know with o2 direct you get free sim replacement even with the pay as you go side. But with carphonewarehouse maybe they have to pay o2 a fee? who knows.

Do you need an O2 sim?I believe I have 2 spares...you can have one if you so wish.Pm me

Banned

gemmyw;5387259

Do you need an O2 sim?I believe I have 2 spares...you can have one if you … Do you need an O2 sim?I believe I have 2 spares...you can have one if you so wish.Pm me

its a contract sim

Original Poster

I'll give o2 a call but I think they'll just say I should talk to Carphone Warehouse. I'll probably end up stumping up the cash for it but it just really annoys me when they charge £15 for something worth less than a quid.

Original Poster

gemmyw;5387259

Do you need an O2 sim?I believe I have 2 spares...you can have one if you … Do you need an O2 sim?I believe I have 2 spares...you can have one if you so wish.Pm me

Thanks, but I've got something like 100 o2 sims, which according to cpw are of no use for this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad news about Barcelona2395
      2. Any Xbox One news today?2356125
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?2289
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764158

See more discussions