Cracked iPads

Posted 7th Dec 2019
Good idea to buy cracked iPads and fix them? I'm a student and want to make a bit of money but cant find any cheap enough. Ideas of places to buy them?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
By the time you get burned on one a couple of times it’s not all that profitable.
14 Comments
Look on eBay, there are plenty of ones with cracked screens being sold as for parts or repair.
Haircut_10007/12/2019 18:35

Look on eBay, there are plenty of ones with cracked screens being sold as …Look on eBay, there are plenty of ones with cracked screens being sold as for parts or repair.

Been looking for an iPad air/5 or above but they're still going for around 80
Right, and a replacement screen is going to cost you what, £15? You'd still be able to fix it and sell it for a profit, I'm not sure exactly what you think you are going to find out there.
deleted1471098
I doubt you’ll be able to make money out of it as everyone and their dog is doing that already.
By the time you get burned on one a couple of times it’s not all that profitable.
Haircut_10007/12/2019 18:46

Right, and a replacement screen is going to cost you what, £15? You'd …Right, and a replacement screen is going to cost you what, £15? You'd still be able to fix it and sell it for a profit, I'm not sure exactly what you think you are going to find out there.

I've done an iPad air I got for 35 so been looking for one around that price
12345432107/12/2019 19:23

I've done an iPad air I got for 35 so been looking for one around that …I've done an iPad air I got for 35 so been looking for one around that price

Well carry on looking wherever you found that one then.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 7th Dec 2019
deleted1471098
12345432107/12/2019 19:23

I've done an iPad air I got for 35 so been looking for one around that …I've done an iPad air I got for 35 so been looking for one around that price

You got lucky and next time you might or might not. When you don’t get lucky that’ll be your profit gone from all the other sales. You clearly know better than all of us so keep going and let us know when you get that Ferrari and big mansion from all your broken iPads.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 8th Dec 2019
Nope, the type of person who smashes the screen doesn't generally know that electronics and liquids don't mix.
deleted147109808/12/2019 14:17

You got lucky and next time you might or might not. When you don’t get l …You got lucky and next time you might or might not. When you don’t get lucky that’ll be your profit gone from all the other sales. You clearly know better than all of us so keep going and let us know when you get that Ferrari and big mansion from all your broken iPads.

Why do you sound so angry?
I'm literally doing this as a hobby and to make a little money on the side. I'm obviously not gonna buy one that's too expensive hence why I've only bought one so far and have made a profit. Calm down a bit mate
deleted1471098
12345432108/12/2019 18:38

Why do you sound so angry? I'm literally doing this as a hobby and …Why do you sound so angry? I'm literally doing this as a hobby and to make a little money on the side. I'm obviously not gonna buy one that's too expensive hence why I've only bought one so far and have made a profit. Calm down a bit mate

I’m not angry I’m laughing.....
Maybe eBay? But only buy them if its cheap and worth the risk
Try not to try the big sellers or someone who said they tried to repair
Someone who thinks a broken screen means its completely broken and unfixable which is a lot lol
Norseg08/12/2019 19:24

Maybe eBay? But only buy them if its cheap and worth the riskTry not to …Maybe eBay? But only buy them if its cheap and worth the riskTry not to try the big sellers or someone who said they tried to repairSomeone who thinks a broken screen means its completely broken and unfixable which is a lot lol

Yeah I'm only gonna buy if they're really cheap and no attempted repairs done
12345432108/12/2019 19:25

Yeah I'm only gonna buy if they're really cheap and no attempted repairs …Yeah I'm only gonna buy if they're really cheap and no attempted repairs done

You could always try to resell it if you cant fix
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants