Crappy Christmas to you Sainsbury's - Raised the Price of Cat Treats to £200 a kilo!

I'm outraged. They have doubled the price. What would you buy for £200 a kilo? Nearly ten times the price of the poshest bit of cheese I bought from Waitrose for xmas.

https://c6.staticflickr.com/1/718/30954899093_712be799e2_c.jpg20161220_105600 by Photo Feline, on Flickr

Yes I am aware £100/kg on a normal day is still a lot. It's the Grinchness of it that got me. Have you found anything extortionate yet?

91 Comments

That coffee I suggested is pretty close.

Original Poster

IamMT

That coffee I suggested is pretty close.

Perhaps he would like to make some of his own for xmas?

moneysavingkitten

Perhaps he would like to make some of his own for xmas?

Now that may be a money spinner - I can see a whole new type of cat cafe springing up, where they walk you round the litter trays before you choose your drinks.

even more expensive on ocado at £3.25.

cheapest I found was £9.99 for 5 packs here. I guess you have to buy it in bulk for savings.

Original Poster

IamMT

Now that may be a money spinner - I can see a whole new type of cat cafe … Now that may be a money spinner - I can see a whole new type of cat cafe springing up, where they walk you round the litter trays before you choose your drinks.

https://c8.staticflickr.com/1/666/30955391703_bd04d6df02_z.jpg
busines-mouse by Photo Feline, on Flickr

Original Poster

shabbird

even more expensive on ocado at £3.25. cheapest I found was £9.99 for 5 p … even more expensive on ocado at £3.25. cheapest I found was £9.99 for 5 packs here. I guess you have to buy it in bulk for savings.

The blue ones were £1.50 last week. Just annoying. Thanks for looking anyway

the fools will buy this lol just buy this fish from the fish mongo's lol

Original Poster

ianmcshane7777

the fools will buy this lol just buy this fish from the fish mongo's lol

Feeding your cat fish when you're in bed is none too pleasant Snuggles and treats are tradition. I do very much take your point though.
Edited by: "MSK." 20th Dec 2016

The revolution starts here
http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/c67acc41-2a9f-4509-8a29-dd6a635d92b4/a2655aa2-5552-4ed8-ad26-4f57b77ad415.gif

Original Poster

thewongwing101

The revolution starts here

Amen Brofur

The cat who has adopted me eats only cheap cat food thank god, supermarket own...he loves it.

What's worse is when your cat likes something - and then they discontinue it

Original Poster

airfix

The cat who has adopted me eats only cheap cat food thank god, … The cat who has adopted me eats only cheap cat food thank god, supermarket own...he loves it.

You're very lucky Mine loves all cat food, unfortunately it doesn't love him back

moneysavingkitten

The blue ones were £1.50 last week. Just annoying. Thanks for looking … The blue ones were £1.50 last week. Just annoying. Thanks for looking anyway

aah.. better buy in bulk when its that price.

Original Poster

buddhabelly

What's worse is when your cat likes something - and then they discontinue … What's worse is when your cat likes something - and then they discontinue it

Yes, that is a nightmare I agree

buddhabelly

What's worse is when your cat likes something - and then they discontinue … What's worse is when your cat likes something - and then they discontinue it

By the looks of your cat that's a good thing!!

Original Poster

shabbird

aah.. better buy in bulk when its that price.

Dangerous that with a cat that's supposed to be losing weight X) He is doing pretty well, bless him.

Seems fair. I don't know any cats that deserve treats anyway.

moneysavingkitten

Dangerous that with a cat that's supposed to be losing weight X) He is … Dangerous that with a cat that's supposed to be losing weight X) He is doing pretty well, bless him.

awwww He can join me and have weight loss as part of New Years resolutions.
Let him enjoy Christmas till then

moneysavingkitten

You're very lucky Mine loves all cat food, unfortunately it doesn't … You're very lucky Mine loves all cat food, unfortunately it doesn't love him back

I'm an expert on cat food, I just stock lots of different brands in the cupboard and slowly go through each box but soon as he turns his nose it's time for a change of box. Then eventually we go round in a circle.

Original Poster

miikeyblue

Seems fair. I don't know any cats that deserve treats anyway.

Methinks he doth protest too much

Original Poster

shabbird

awwww He can join me and have weight loss as part of New Years … awwww He can join me and have weight loss as part of New Years resolutions. Let him enjoy Christmas till then

Been on a diet since July, should really have a weigh in! Hang on...

moneysavingkitten

Been on a diet since July, should really have a weigh in! Hang on...

July oO Poor kitty
I've lost so much weight using my new method.
https://mrsfawhittaker.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/ww-cartoons.jpg

Also, put out a dish of food.....he hates it, can't stand the smell or taste, put another bowl of food out, he sniffs it then goes back to the first one and gobbles it down like it's the best thing he's ever tasted X)
Edited by: "airfix" 20th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Proud I am of him, he's reached a healthy weight now Another 500g and he'll be fit cat weight That's a nice surprise. I knew he's lost a lot cause he got his waist back, but I hadn't dared weigh him for a while.

moneysavingkitten

Proud I am of him, he's reached a healthy weight now Another 500g and … Proud I am of him, he's reached a healthy weight now Another 500g and he'll be fit cat weight That's a nice surprise. I knew he's lost a lot cause he got his waist back, but I hadn't dared weigh him for a while.

yay goooo kitty. Get him running around and it will soon be gone.

I just bought 6 months tropical fish food for £1.50.. I can barely feed a(nd) cat and dog for that a day..
Edited by: "haritori" 20th Dec 2016

Just buy your cat a tin of sardines for 34p

Original Poster

shabbird

July oO Poor kittyI've lost so much weight using my new method.

Clever

Original Poster

airfix

Also, put out a dish of food.....he hates it, can't stand the smell or … Also, put out a dish of food.....he hates it, can't stand the smell or taste, put another bowl of food out, he sniffs it then goes back to the first one and gobbles it down like it's the best thing he's ever tasted X)

Think you've got the cat psychology nailed X)

Original Poster

Error440

Just buy your cat a tin of sardines for 34p

First cat loved 'em, kitty now won't touch 'em. Still not pleasant to feed him sardines on the sofa X)

moneysavingkitten

I'm a outraged...

Let me just stop you there.

haritori

I just bought 6 months tropical fish food for £1.50.. I can barely feed … I just bought 6 months tropical fish food for £1.50.. I can barely feed and cat and dog for that a day..

Let me just...

Oh sod it.

Original Poster

fanpages

Now I am frustrated with myself, rather than outraged. Oh well, a change is as good as a holiday

moneysavingkitten

I'm a outraged...

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Now I am frustrated with myself, rather than outraged. Oh well, a change … Now I am frustrated with myself, rather than outraged. Oh well, a change is as good as a holiday

Better late than pregnant.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

I'm a outraged...

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Now I am frustrated with myself, rather than outraged. Oh well, a … Now I am frustrated with myself, rather than outraged. Oh well, a change is as good as a holiday

Depends on your personal feelings I guess, but I am going to go with yes X)

We buy dog food and dog treats over the internet as those in the shops are not good value. Supermarkets are worse than the pet shops.

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Depends on your personal feelings I guess, but I am going to go with yes … Depends on your personal feelings I guess, but I am going to go with yes X)

You can borrow my kids any time you like

[ I won't add that they make a great advertisement for contraception ]

Original Poster

mutley1

We buy dog food and dog treats over the internet as those in the shops … We buy dog food and dog treats over the internet as those in the shops are not good value. Supermarkets are worse than the pet shops.

Freeze dried meat seems to be expensive everywhere. I've looked for an alternative for years. If you've found an alternative I'd love to know! Unfortunately I am very limited in that any food that isn't pure meat makes my cat ill.

Original Poster

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Depends on your personal feelings I guess, but I am going to go with yes … Depends on your personal feelings I guess, but I am going to go with yes X)

Oops, I think you did

If they take after their Dad, I am sure that isn't true
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
    2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions