Crash bandicoot coming to Xbox and Nintendo switch in the coming months

36 Comments
Overrated.
Great news..
deleted1166706
Portable crash bandicoot on the switch! What’s not to like?
And Steam
alltaken1239th Mar

Portable crash bandicoot on the switch! What’s not to like?

Sony fanboys might be annoyed as it was a ps4 exclusive lol
deleted1166706
Splice39 m ago

But the PS4 isn’t portable
Splice42 m ago

It wasn’t announced as a PS4 exclusive.
marrowcat10 m ago

Yeah it was a limited time exclusive
marrowcat14 m ago

Yes it was. Let’s not play silly beggers now that it’s on other platforms. Sony bought the rights for a year and made everyone believe it was exclusive to Playstation. All parties refused to say whether it was coming to other platforms until last night. Playstation UK even claimed it was exclusive at one point.

33406989-xIdU5.jpg
Biddy226 m ago

Yes it was. Let’s not play silly beggers now that it’s on other platforms. …Yes it was. Let’s not play silly beggers now that it’s on other platforms. Sony bought the rights for a year and made everyone believe it was exclusive to Playstation. All parties refused to say whether it was coming to other platforms until last night. Playstation UK even claimed it was exclusive at one point. [Image]

They did but it was soon withdrawn. The fact it didn’t get announced as exclusive at the reveal was proof enough. Some people wrongly assumed, that’s all.
Splice9th Mar

Yeah it was a limited time exclusive

I still don’t understand why that would annoy them, that’s what timed means.
marrowcat6 m ago

They did but it was soon withdrawn. The fact it didn’t get announced as e …They did but it was soon withdrawn. The fact it didn’t get announced as exclusive at the reveal was proof enough. Some people wrongly assumed, that’s all.

This wasn’t like, say, Rise of the Tomb Raider or Dead Rising 4 though, where they were announced as timed exclusive from the get-go. Sony did hide the fact that it was only timed.

I’m not fussed anyway as I had a PS4 to play it on. Will be double dipping for it on Switch so I can play on the go.
Splice1 h, 50 m ago

You should be thanking those fanboys for encouraging Activision to develop the remake in the first place as without them nobody would be playing it.

Oh and lol I guess.
Edited by: "Andy@XCite" 9th Mar
deleted1166706
This might be enough to make me buy a switch.
marrowcat33 m ago

I still don’t understand why that would annoy them, that’s what timed mea …I still don’t understand why that would annoy them, that’s what timed means.

Because sometimes people buy a console for the exclusive games , but then they realise they are appearing on other systems doh! I think steam has ps4 games on too
Edited by: "_Enzo_" 9th Mar
Biddy21 h, 1 m ago

Yes it was. Let’s not play silly beggers now that it’s on other platforms. …Yes it was. Let’s not play silly beggers now that it’s on other platforms. Sony bought the rights for a year and made everyone believe it was exclusive to Playstation. All parties refused to say whether it was coming to other platforms until last night. Playstation UK even claimed it was exclusive at one point. [Image]

I've known for a very long time it was a timed exclusive. You didn't?
Great news!
MSK.5 m ago

I've known for a very long time it was a timed exclusive. You didn't?

Only since just before Christmas when it began popping up on other retailers’ websites by mistake. Before that, it was anyone’s guess whether it was full exclusive or not. It was never announced as timed and Sony/Activision never said it was only timed either.
Biddy25 m ago

Only since just before Christmas when it began popping up on other …Only since just before Christmas when it began popping up on other retailers’ websites by mistake. Before that, it was anyone’s guess whether it was full exclusive or not. It was never announced as timed and Sony/Activision never said it was only timed either.

I'm sure it was being widely talked about before the game was even launched on PS4.
MSK.14 m ago

I'm sure it was being widely talked about before the game was even …I'm sure it was being widely talked about before the game was even launched on PS4.

Nobody knew for sure what was happening due to the back and forth from Sony themselves. vg247.com/201…ll/

Even after they reclarified their statement, Playstation UK still released that above image I posted. Then, they retracted that. It was only ever rumoured to be timed and was never said with any certainty from Sony and Activision themselves. Once it started leaking onto other retailers websites, then it became clear for me.
Biddy256 m ago

This wasn’t like, say, Rise of the Tomb Raider or Dead Rising 4 though, w …This wasn’t like, say, Rise of the Tomb Raider or Dead Rising 4 though, where they were announced as timed exclusive from the get-go. Sony did hide the fact that it was only timed. I’m not fussed anyway as I had a PS4 to play it on. Will be double dipping for it on Switch so I can play on the go.

I suggest you go back and look at the Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal again, there was no mention of timed exclusivity until long after E3. Dead Rising was called a launch exclusive by MS.
It’s neither Sony’s or MS’s job to reveal other platforms that a game will be released on.
Biddy23 m ago

Nobody knew for sure what was happening due to the back and forth from …Nobody knew for sure what was happening due to the back and forth from Sony themselves. https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/23/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-may-not-be-exclusive-to-ps4-after-all/Even after they reclarified their statement, Playstation UK still released that above image I posted. Then, they retracted that. It was only ever rumoured to be timed and was never said with any certainty from Sony and Activision themselves. Once it started leaking onto other retailers websites, then it became clear for me.

Nobody knew for sure, but it was pretty obvious *shrugs*
Biddy24 m ago

Nobody knew for sure what was happening due to the back and forth from …Nobody knew for sure what was happening due to the back and forth from Sony themselves. https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/23/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-may-not-be-exclusive-to-ps4-after-all/Even after they reclarified their statement, Playstation UK still released that above image I posted. Then, they retracted that. It was only ever rumoured to be timed and was never said with any certainty from Sony and Activision themselves. Once it started leaking onto other retailers websites, then it became clear for me.

Like I say, that’s not Sony’s job to announce other platforms.
Biddy27 m ago

Plus, they may not have had any plans to release on other platforms at that time, it’s only because of the game’s success they decided to port it?
Splice39 m ago

Because sometimes people buy a console for the exclusive games , but then …Because sometimes people buy a console for the exclusive games , but then they realise they are appearing on other systems doh! I think steam has ps4 games on too

According to many people on here, no one buys a console for exclusives, it’s all about the multiplatforms now.
marrowcat14 m ago

Plus, they may not have had any plans to release on other platforms at …Plus, they may not have had any plans to release on other platforms at that time, it’s only because of the game’s success they decided to port it?

It was bought as an exclusive. Activision (a massive multiplatform publisher) are not in the business of exclusives unless paid for. (Like the Call of Duty map packs being timed exclusive)
marrowcat18 m ago

I suggest you go back and look at the Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal …I suggest you go back and look at the Rise of the Tomb Raider reveal again, there was no mention of timed exclusivity until long after E3. Dead Rising was called a launch exclusive by MS.It’s neither Sony’s or MS’s job to reveal other platforms that a game will be released on.

So it only matters upon reveal now? That’s some goalpost moving. Microsoft never hidden the fact it was timed exclusive. eurogamer.net/art…ion

Also, launch exclusive is the same as saying timed exclusive. Nobody thought Dead Rising 4 was a full exclusive and Microsoft made that clear.

That also wasn’t Microsoft’s job to announce, but they did. Sony on the other hand, kept it quiet. It also wasn’t Nintendo’s job to announce it last night...
Edited by: "Biddy2" 9th Mar
Biddy212 m ago

It was bought as an exclusive. Activision (a massive multiplatform …It was bought as an exclusive. Activision (a massive multiplatform publisher) are not in the business of exclusives unless paid for. (Like the Call of Duty map packs being timed exclusive)So it only matters upon reveal now? That’s some goalpost moving. Microsoft never hidden the fact it was timed exclusive. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-13-microsoft-confirms-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration Also, launch exclusive is the same as saying timed exclusive. Nobody thought Dead Rising 4 was a full exclusive and Microsoft made that clear. That also wasn’t Microsoft’s job to announce, but they did. Sony on the other hand, kept it quiet. It also wasn’t Nintendo’s job to announce it last night...

The link is from 2 months after E3. He still didn’t say it was coming to other platforms, like I said, it’s not his job. But, for two months no one knew it was timed, the only reason he said anything was because it had become a big controversy, don’t you remember?
marrowcat22 m ago

The link is from 2 months after E3. He still didn’t say it was coming to o …The link is from 2 months after E3. He still didn’t say it was coming to other platforms, like I said, it’s not his job. But, for two months no one knew it was timed, the only reason he said anything was because it had become a big controversy, don’t you remember?

You’re moving goalposts again. It was announced over a year before launch that it was only timed exclusive. Where was it announced that Crash would be the same?

And yes, I do remember the controversy but it had no impact on MS. That was for Square Enix to deal with. It was their game. Not Microsoft’s. So why didn’t Square Enix announce it, if it was their job? When timed exclusives are in place, the developers aren’t allowed to say otherwise. (As happened with ROTR). That’s why MS came out with the truth about the deal. Do you honestly believe people wouldn’t buy Rise of the Tomb Raider on their Xbox just because PC and PS4 were not getting it? Come on. The controversy had no bearing on MS. They still went ahead and told the truth though.

At best, Sony screwed up their marketing messages. At worst, they were deliberately shady regarding this title’s exclusivity.
Biddy210 m ago

You’re moving goalposts again. It was announced over a year before launch t …You’re moving goalposts again. It was announced over a year before launch that it was only timed exclusive. Where was it announced that Crash would be the same? And yes, I do remember the controversy but it had no impact on MS. That was for Square Enix to deal with. It was their game. Not Microsoft’s. So why didn’t Square Enix announce it, if it was their job? When timed exclusives are in place, the developers aren’t allowed to say otherwise. (As happened with ROTR). That’s why MS came out with the truth about the deal. Do you honestly believe people wouldn’t buy Rise of the Tomb Raider on their Xbox just because PC and PS4 were not getting it? Come on. The controversy had no bearing on MS. They still went ahead and told the truth though. At best, Sony screwed up their marketing messages. At worst, they were deliberately shady regarding this title’s exclusivity.

Wait, I said it wasn’t announced as exclusive, you said it was, then you agreed that was withdrawn. Surely if a company doesn’t say that a game is exclusive, you can assume that it isn’t...
I’m not sure which goalposts I’ve moved exactly.
marrowcat25 m ago

Wait, I said it wasn’t announced as exclusive, you said it was, then you a …Wait, I said it wasn’t announced as exclusive, you said it was, then you agreed that was withdrawn. Surely if a company doesn’t say that a game is exclusive, you can assume that it isn’t...I’m not sure which goalposts I’ve moved exactly.

I wasn’t using “announced” as in the moment it was revealed. When I used the term “get-go” I meant before the game was even on shelves. Perhaps I didn’t explain that well enough in my prior comments and created confusion.

Sony led everyone to believe it was full exclusive. They never corrected (categorically) or came out and suggested otherwise. If there is no mention of timed exclusivity or announcements of other platforms in trailers or press releases, that suggests an exclusive. Sony are at fault for it with their muddled up marketing and silence on the matter. It was announced as exclusive, withdrawn, reannounced and withdrawn again. Many were left confused. Then, retailers began leaking the other platform listings and all became clear. Sony screwed up. The blame lies with them.
Biddy210 m ago

I wasn’t using “announced” as in the moment it was revealed. When I used th …I wasn’t using “announced” as in the moment it was revealed. When I used the term “get-go” I meant before the game was even on shelves. Perhaps I didn’t explain that well enough in my prior comments and created confusion. Sony led everyone to believe it was full exclusive. They never corrected (categorically) or came out and suggested otherwise. If there is no mention of timed exclusivity or announcements of other platforms in trailers or press releases, that suggests an exclusive. Sony are at fault for it with their muddled up marketing and silence on the matter. It was announced as exclusive, withdrawn, reannounced and withdrawn again. Many were left confused. Then, retailers began leaking the other platform listings and all became clear. Sony screwed up. The blame lies with them.

Why do they have to say it isn’t exclusive, surely not saying it’s exclusive is enough? Which is why they have the “Only on Playstation” branding. This has never been on the game box.
The fact they withdrew the original exclusivity claim was evidence enough for everyone. Except you obviously.
marrowcat8 m ago

Why do they have to say it isn’t exclusive, surely not saying it’s exc …Why do they have to say it isn’t exclusive, surely not saying it’s exclusive is enough? Which is why they have the “Only on Playstation” branding. This has never been on the game box.The fact they withdrew the original exclusivity claim was evidence enough for everyone. Except you obviously.

Except it was on the box art too, until people got the box in their hands...

33408291-TudKs.jpg
Done discussing this anyway. Not interested in discussing it with someone who chooses to be condescending. I can provide you with threads from the likes of Neogaf where this has been debated for a long time. I am not the only one who thought this was staying exclusive. Seems the announcement has hit you harder than you make out.
Ah the old, but they said it on NeoGaf argument, like everything said there is gospel and only industry employees or VIPs post there. Sorry Biddy, that one always cracks me up

No bad feeling behind that statement, I agree with you on most things. I just genuinely never thought it was exclusive. Sony have handled most of the PS1 IPs really badly. Surprised this has gone back and forth so many times to be honest.
MSK.12 m ago

Ah the old, but they said it on NeoGaf argument, like everything said …Ah the old, but they said it on NeoGaf argument, like everything said there is gospel and only industry employees or VIPs post there. Sorry Biddy, that one always cracks me up No bad feeling behind that statement, I agree with you on most things. I just genuinely never thought it was exclusive. Sony have handled most of the PS1 IPs really badly. Surprised this has gone back and forth so many times to be honest.

I meant that it was debated back on forth between people on there so I wasn’t the only one who thought it was staying exclusive, not that they are the ones who know best. They obviously aren’t that as the majority there thought this was staying exclusive and were telling people to stop “port begging”.

It didn’t affect me either way as I had my PS4. Just would be nice to play it on the go too, so I’ll be double dipping on Switch. Glad it was announced to be honest.
Very good news
[HD] Crash Bandicoot Xbox Evolution (2001-2008)

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants