Crazy Bitch

Banned
My Westie (West Highland Terrier) has some issues that need ironing out, namely going insane whenever you try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do - A trait everything female seems to have.

Examples:

- She will not be moved after just waking up/when very comfy. She firms up and gives you the evil eye, warning you she'll seriously go for you if you try anything. The solution to this is simple - Put something over her head and grab her...but she then goes into 'attack mode', showing her teeth and growling, only stopping when beaten (repeatedly) over the head with a cushion.

- When you tell her to come in from the garden (ie: shout at her), she sometimes stands there in her 'attacking stance', not moving until you walk up to her. When you do walk up to her, she will go for blood, attacking your feet if you put them anywhere near here. There are three solutions to this I've found after much research - A) Scream as loud as humanly possible, B) Blow bubbles near her (seriously) or C) Pick up and wave a rubber chicken around.

Any advice? I don't want to beat it out of her... I'll try to think of this as training for when I get married.

33 Comments

Aion

A trait everything female seems to have.

On another note, I think it might be best to go to one of those proper training classes as they'll be able to see the dogs behavior and should be able to improve!

Aion

My Westie (West Highland Terrier) has some issues that need ironing out, … My Westie (West Highland Terrier) has some issues that need ironing out, namely going insane whenever you try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do - A trait everything female seems to have.Examples:- She will not be moved after just waking up/when very comfy. She firms up and gives you the evil eye, warning you she'll seriously go for you if you try anything. The solution to this is simple - Put something over her head and grab her...but she then goes into 'attack mode', showing her teeth and growling, only stopping when beaten (repeatedly) over the head with a cushion.- When you tell her to come in from the garden (ie: shout at her), she sometimes stands there in her 'attacking stance', not moving until you walk up to her. When you do walk up to her, she will go for blood, attacking your feet if you put them anywhere near here. There are three solutions to this I've found after much research - A) Scream as loud as humanly possible, B) Blow bubbles near her (seriously) or C) Pick up and wave a rubber chicken around.Any advice? I don't want to beat it out of her... I'll try to think of this as training for when I get married.

I think YOU need to go to training classes.

If you put a cover over MY head and beat me with a cushion, I would go into attack mode too. You need to praise your dog when it does something right not shout at it when it does something wrong.

amazon.co.uk/Oth…798

Is a book I recommend.

Original Poster Banned

stora

I think YOU need to go to training classes.If you put a cover over MY … I think YOU need to go to training classes.If you put a cover over MY head and beat me with a cushion, I would go into attack mode too. You need to praise your dog when it does something right not shout at it when it does something wrong.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Other-End-Leash-Patricia-McConnell/dp/0345446798Is a book I recommend.

So, while she's trying to remove my skin from my body, I'm supposed to pat her on the head and reward her!? And how exactly is that "right"?

I cover her head after she attempts to devour my hand. I then beat her with the cushion (repeatedly) after she refuses to leave the room when told to do so. I then throw her against the wal...erm, nevermind.

Now, this may be my fault...somewhat - I playfight with her, as in her biting me playfully and me pushing her (gently! you'll probably get upset over pushing...), which she seems to accept as playing. Same goes for chasing her with a baseball bat.

You asked for advise and you didn't like what you read. Now your trolling for a reaction to your reply.

Take it or leave it.

Original Poster Banned

stora

You asked for advise and you didn't like what you read. Now your trolling … You asked for advise and you didn't like what you read. Now your trolling for a reaction to your reply.Take it or leave it.

Can I use my 50/50?

[SIZE=2]Seems like the dog has the right idea to me.......next time you beat it lets hope it goes for your throat. :thumbsup:[/SIZE]

Basically your dog needs to learn the difference between play fighting and actually biting you (or pain/hurting you), I wouldn't have a clue where to start with this, Hence the mention of the proper classes.

Original Poster Banned

She doesn't take me seriously when playfighting - No growling, no evil looks, no defensive stance. She's a totally different dog during these comfy/garden moments.

Syzable

[SIZE=2]Seems like the dog has the right idea to me.......next time you … [SIZE=2]Seems like the dog has the right idea to me.......next time you beat it lets hope it goes for your throat. :thumbsup:[/SIZE]

Sir, that wasn't a very nice thing to say, you don't even know the facts yet - I only beat her on Monday afternoons.

More seriously, what part of after she tries to attack I beat her with soft cushions (only a few rocks in) don't you people understand? Are you all bloody scousers?

Syzable

[SIZE=2]Seems like the dog has the right idea to me.......next time you … [SIZE=2]Seems like the dog has the right idea to me.......next time you beat it lets hope it goes for your throat. :thumbsup:[/SIZE]

I read Aion's reply as more of a joke (although he's wanting serious answers!), Although "beating with a cushion" doesn't exactly sound nice!!

(I'm guessing your reply is an equal joke!)

Hold old is the dog and how long have you had her Aion?

Original Poster Banned

Since people on here are rivaled in stiffness only by corpses (apart from Iom), I'll stop the bullshit routine here...for now.

Note: I've never beaten her with a cushion... Only ever used a baseball bat.

Iom-RF

I read Aion's reply as more of a joke (although he's wanting serious … I read Aion's reply as more of a joke (although he's wanting serious answers!), Although "beating with a cushion" doesn't exactly sound nice!! (I'm guessing your reply is an equal joke!)Hold old is the dog and how long have you had her Aion?

Nearly 2 years old. If you're interested, she's called Princess.

I'm a bully with her, I'll admit that. Lucky for her she can fit her own corner - She has no issues with (playfully) attacking me if I annoy her.

Don't think there are many dog training groups in Walsall. My mother (technically her dog; I paid for Princess) looked for some awhile ago without results.

Its still not serious really Aion.

Whats the difference with "I'm a bully with her, I'll admit that." and "She has no issues with (playfully) attacking me if I annoy her."

It sounds like you get a little rough with her (no jokes!, lol) and she fights back?

Original Poster Banned

Iom-RF

Its still not serious really Aion.Whats the difference with "I'm a bully … Its still not serious really Aion.Whats the difference with "I'm a bully with her, I'll admit that." and "She has no issues with (playfully) attacking me if I annoy her."It sounds like you get a little rough with her (no jokes!, lol) and she fights back?

"I'm a bully with her, I'll admit that."

It would've been more correct to say "I was a bully with her." I used to grab her and put her on her back (NOT hurting her, just keeping her there), keeping her there by (gently) taping her legs as she kicked me. She eventually got nasty whenever I did this, at which point I realized it wasn't the best idea and stopped.

Outside of playfighting, the only other thing I do is chase her around the garden. She started taking that seriously...until she somehow decided she could tell the difference between fun and series when she carried her harness in her mouth when I chased her. If only she could talk... :thinking:

There's nothing too serious I've done to her, just some stuff that's a bad idea to do if you want a dog to trust you. Never closed my fist and hit her/beat her - The closest I've come was when she escaped out the front door, and even then I only slapped her on the arse a few times.

Possibly another thing, To much energy perhaps?

Does she get taken for long walks regularly?

Original Poster Banned

I don't have the time in the mornings - My mother always walks her. She kinda took responsibility, it being her dog and all officially. And, since Princess LOVES my mothers boyfriend, he usually walks her in the afternoon.

Short answer - Twice a day.

There is the possibility that it's just her personality to not do what she doesn't want to. She's done this kinda 'attack mode' thing when my mother has tried to lift her off the chair and put Princess in her basket at night, and my mother has never playfighted with/bullied her.

If you look at any of the programs (Recent Channel 4 series : channel4.com/ent…og/ )

It shows nearly any dog can be trained.

Has she always been like this or has it just started?

Congrats on the 500 BTW!

Original Poster Banned

Iom-RF

If you look at any of the programs (Recent Channel 4 series : … If you look at any of the programs (Recent Channel 4 series : http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itsmeorthedog/ )It shows nearly any dog can be trained.Has she always been like this or has it just started?Congrats on the 500 BTW!

Thanks.

She's always her own her own unique quirks, that's for sure!

- Clapping her jaws together (making a noise) to show frustration/anger.
- Getting maternal feelings...for Harry's (mothers bf) keyring - Had to get her from under Harry's bed (in his house), while trying not to make her swallow it.

Not too sure about when this 'attack mode' thing started. All I know for sure is that she's done it an awful lot recently, like when I tried to put her wet pawprint on my mothers bday card late(ish) at night - She nearly had my hand off!!!

This is sooo funny it can't be true :giggle:

If you are serious, you need to give the dog to your mother and you need to go to school :giggle:

Dogs are not play things and they need to to be told who is the boss, which you obviously cannot do.

Iom-RF

(I'm guessing your reply is an equal joke!)

Aye................i'm rarely serious.

Right your dog is NOT play fighting, she as the Alpha position within your family and this needs to be quickly reduced to Beta providing how many people are in your home. (she needs to be bottom) Westies are Reknown for being little shits basically, and therefore need tougher training. When you have her on the sofa and want her moving, this is the "fight or flight" action she is doing, she does not want to move, then when you go to move her she can not flee hence the fight. You need to remove her with a long device (which saves your arms) and GENTLY remove her from the sofa. Once you have asked her to move, whatvever command you use...then stick to it and dont back down. Basically you have been far too soft with this animal and now its back firing. YES i am a professional dog handler, and yes i normally charge £30 an hour for these problems...i know what im on about :-)

Lulu'sMammy

YES i am a professional dog handler, and yes i normally charge £30 an … YES i am a professional dog handler, and yes i normally charge £30 an hour for these problems...i know what im on about :-)

Do you swear at them to? :-D

Some helpful advice there Lulu! :thumbsup:

Iom-RF

Do you swear at them to? :-D Some helpful advice there Lulu! :thumbsup:

Im not just a pretty face ya know....i have brains too!
Nooooooooo dont swear at them, whats the point? She says as im currently being snogged to death by Lulu!

Aion

My Westie (West Highland Terrier) has some issues that need ironing out, … My Westie (West Highland Terrier) has some issues that need ironing out, namely going insane whenever you try to get her to do something she doesn't want to do - A trait everything female seems to have.Examples:- She will not be moved after just waking up/when very comfy. She firms up and gives you the evil eye, warning you she'll seriously go for you if you try anything. The solution to this is simple - Put something over her head and grab her...but she then goes into 'attack mode', showing her teeth and growling, only stopping when beaten (repeatedly) over the head with a cushion.- When you tell her to come in from the garden (ie: shout at her), she sometimes stands there in her 'attacking stance', not moving until you walk up to her. When you do walk up to her, she will go for blood, attacking your feet if you put them anywhere near here. There are three solutions to this I've found after much research - A) Scream as loud as humanly possible, B) Blow bubbles near her (seriously) or C) Pick up and wave a rubber chicken around.Any advice? I don't want to beat it out of her... I'll try to think of this as training for when I get married.

lol that bitch needs to seriously chill out... maybe adding some oral sedatives to her food (or some crack) might calm her down?... perhaps a drop of alcohol in her water bowl? Or maybe she's just a sadist and likes beatings (kind of like a bondage freak)... but who knows for sure I'm no bitch expert :oops:

http://www.catsplay.com/nottochgih/d210mp.jpg

How could a dog like this do harm? :whistling:

I am HOPING that this thread is a joke, if not then I am disgusted.

I have a westie myself and, unless they are brought up to be any different, they are lovely dogs. She is great with children and doesnt even growl when they pull her tail or something (Just gives us a 'look' and we stop them!) couldnt get a nicer natured dog!

kelly_o_fanatic

I am HOPING that this thread is a joke, if not then I am disgusted.I have … I am HOPING that this thread is a joke, if not then I am disgusted.I have a westie myself and, unless they are brought up to be any different, they are lovely dogs. She is great with children and doesnt even growl when they pull her tail or something (Just gives us a 'look' and we stop them!) couldnt get a nicer natured dog!

My post was far from a joke, so i hope your not disgusted with me

quote:- normally charge £30 an hour

that's a bargain ..book me in for an hour tomorrow..cash or paypal?? LOL

Lulu'sMammy

My post was far from a joke, so i hope your not disgusted with me

no, the original poster, not you

Have to say though, dont agree with what you said about

Lulu'sMammy

Westies are Reknown for being little shits basically

I think that westies are very gentle natured. I know a woman who takes all of the westies from rescue centres and finds good homes for them. She has had up to 28 at one time! Only gets the occasional one who is a problem, and that is all due to the way they have been brought up.

kelly_o_fanatic

no, the original poster, not you :)Have to say though, dont agree with … no, the original poster, not you :)Have to say though, dont agree with what you said about I think that westies are very gentle natured. I know a woman who takes all of the westies from rescue centres and finds good homes for them. She has had up to 28 at one time! Only gets the occasional one who is a problem, and that is all due to the way they have been brought up.

All terriers push their luck at times, if you aint strict with consistent handling, you have a rod for your own back. Where as for example a labrador, still needs consistent handling but not as firm. I still stick with my original thought though westies, scotties and small terriers are and can be true nightmares.

Lulu'sMammy

All terriers push their luck at times, if you aint strict with consistent … All terriers push their luck at times, if you aint strict with consistent handling, you have a rod for your own back. Where as for example a labrador, still needs consistent handling but not as firm. I still stick with my original thought though westies, scotties and small terriers are and can be true nightmares.

Everyone has their own preferences

We have never had a problem with our dog, even great with kids though she wasnt raised with kids around. She does what shes told, although she is ignorant if you call her!

I love westies and would have more if we could (tried to get another one but our dog didnt get on with it because it kept sniffing her behind! It did it once and saw that it bugged her, and kept doing it just to wind her up then! Was a little minx!)

Original Poster Banned

This has to be partly down to her gender - Never had these problems with my old yorkie. The similarities Princess and my sister share are almost scary. :-(

Oh yeah... I had a female dog when I was a kid, a border collie called Lady. She seemed to think I was a sheep, rounding me up and only stpping attacking me when I standed on a chair. Has to be a bitch thing.

Lulu'sMammy

Right your dog is NOT play fighting, she as the Alpha position within … Right your dog is NOT play fighting, she as the Alpha position within your family and this needs to be quickly reduced to Beta providing how many people are in your home. (she needs to be bottom) Westies are Reknown for being little shits basically, and therefore need tougher training. When you have her on the sofa and want her moving, this is the "fight or flight" action she is doing, she does not want to move, then when you go to move her she can not flee hence the fight. You need to remove her with a long device (which saves your arms) and GENTLY remove her from the sofa. Once you have asked her to move, whatvever command you use...then stick to it and dont back down. Basically you have been far too soft with this animal and now its back firing. YES i am a professional dog handler, and yes i normally charge £30 an hour for these problems...i know what im on about :-)

Blame my mother - She's the one who spoiled her rotten. I just gave Ratzilla the tools she needs to be extra bossy.

Ok, need to find a long object and (gently) force her to do what I want her to do. That shouldn't be too hard. After she gets the hang of moving when I go and get my katana from my bedroom, what (basic) steps should I take to get her to obey me as soon as I command her?

kelly_o_fanatic

I am HOPING that this thread is a joke, if not then I am disgusted.I have … I am HOPING that this thread is a joke, if not then I am disgusted.I have a westie myself and, unless they are brought up to be any different, they are lovely dogs. She is great with children and doesnt even growl when they pull her tail or something (Just gives us a 'look' and we stop them!) couldnt get a nicer natured dog!

I've only ever beat her with a baseball bat this one time, when she kept kissing me too much. It was the only way I could make her stop.

What sort of a monster do you take me for?

OT but like the Power Rangers avatar, just bought season 1 from Germany which has the English audio track as well.

Banned

mmm all very interesting ... now.. ah you cant afford my fees so not much advice apart from get a plastic empty drinking bottle and put some stones in it and seal the top, when it starts to have a pop at you one good shake of the bottle and a firm NO , it does two things , breaks its concentration on the behaviour and they dont like the noise... thats £100 pounds please :whistling:

Original Poster Banned

ryouga

OT but like the Power Rangers avatar, just bought season 1 from Germany … OT but like the Power Rangers avatar, just bought season 1 from Germany which has the English audio track as well.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7500/0c4003398adb2c2e8138068pl7.gif

Lol I like that
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Better watch out for these...914
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763990
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213595
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846087

See more discussions