Groups

Creating a Windows Restore Disk

Hi, i am currently building a PC, and after i have installed firefox and various other programs, i would like to create a recovery cd, much like the ones you get with shop purchased PC's, to reset the factory defaults.

What is the best program to do this with? Cost is not a problem

4 Comments

This is exactly what you need, used it on many computers, it's so easy to use my mother (who's in her 70's) managed to restore hers with me giving her instructions on the telephone.

acronis.com/hom…ge/

I quite like Acronis, it creates a partition on your HDD so that when you boot up your computer you can press F11 to restore your PC

You can also create a bootbable ISO of your backup so you can install windows then install your drivers, tweak your settings, install any must have programmes and then use that system state as a back up DVD. So if your whole PC went wrong you could just re install using that DVD and it will be fully set up every time

Original Poster

that sounds exactly what am i looking for, thanks guy and gal :thumbsup:

i second the true image its my current fav,
    just a quick note if you buy a seagate/maxtor drive you can download a freebie versionof truimage called seagate diskwizard, from the seagate web site, also has cheap option to upgrade to full version
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions