Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Creating folders in usb for car

Posted 5th Feb
Hi there I have a usb, I have added folders with different music in each, have put usb in my car hoping it will show the folders,

but instead it’s only giving options for albums/genre/title list and songs,

Anyone know what I need to do to get issue working thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
What car/radio model?
esar05/02/2020 07:12

What car/radio model?

On a usb when put in car
unknown.05/02/2020 07:12

On a usb when put in car

Don't work like that, different radios do different things, their not computers!
esar05/02/2020 07:15

Don't work like that, different radios do different things, their not …Don't work like that, different radios do different things, their not computers!

Not radio, built in usb sytem, Toyota avensis auto, when put usb in car can listen and go through song list, but not able to get folders for separate song types, maybe if someone could guide me how to create and add folders correctly on usb so work in folders in car?
esar05/02/2020 07:12

What car/radio model?

You’d think that would be the very first thing someone would say seeing as they are wanting help with it. In just don’t get why they would make a post and not even think to mention what model it is when it’s the most important piece of information.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Feb
Haircut_10005/02/2020 07:20

You’d think that would be the very first thing someone would say seeing as …You’d think that would be the very first thing someone would say seeing as they are wanting help with it. In just don’t get why they would make a post and not even think to mention what model it is when it’s the must important piece of information.

It’s got nothing to do with model, it’s all from computer how to correctly add to usb with folders so when put usb in car all good.
unknown.05/02/2020 07:21

It’s got nothing to do with model, it’s all from computer how to correctly …It’s got nothing to do with model, it’s all from computer how to correctly add to usb with folders so when put usb in car all good.

If we know the model of car, we can deduce what radio is in it, we can then look up it's capabilities.
Since s radio is a mini computer, it has to do a lot of things with a very small amount of memory, having the ability to choose folders by the user makes it much bigger and harder to program etc.
e.g.
I have a Bluetooth speaker with a micro SD slot, it can't handle folders at all, can be same with car radio
Edited by: "esar" 5th Feb
esar05/02/2020 07:30

If we know the model of car, we can deduce what radio is in it, we can …If we know the model of car, we can deduce what radio is in it, we can then look up it's capabilities.Since s radio is a mini computer, it has to do a lot of things with a very small amount of memory, having the ability to choose folders by the user makes it much bigger and harder to program etc.e.g.I have a Bluetooth speaker with a micro SD slot, it can't handle folders at all, can be same with car radio

As I told you Above it’s not car radio it’s a separate USB port away from car radio
unknown.05/02/2020 07:31

As I told you Above it’s not car radio it’s a separate USB port away from c …As I told you Above it’s not car radio it’s a separate USB port away from car radio

A septate unit you installed yourself?
esar05/02/2020 07:32

A septate unit you installed yourself?

No built in car, with option for aux lead too
unknown.05/02/2020 07:33

No built in car, with option for aux lead too

Then it is connected to the radio, just has wire coming out the back going to the usb port, again, give those that know the information they ask for
Well try and help, but we can't help those that won't help us.
unknown.05/02/2020 07:21

It’s got nothing to do with model, it’s all from computer how to correctly …It’s got nothing to do with model, it’s all from computer how to correctly add to usb with folders so when put usb in car all good.

What exactly are you trying to do, are you wanting to create a playlist of songs to play from the USB stick or do you need help navigating and browsing the folders via the control panel of your in car stereo? If it’s a playlist then you can use Windows Media Player on a pc, go to the Burn tab, drag and drop your music across, Save and name your playlist, then switch to the Sync tab and complete the transfer. If that doesn’t give you the results you are looking for then you can use File Explorer to manually select the music files you want but it’s much more cumbersome. If your problem is navigating and browsing the folders on the USB stick on your in-car audio control panel then you’ll need to delve in to the settings menus to see what the Folder options are. Having the manual for your particular model and year of car would be helpful as it might discuss operation of the audio system.
In this thread: a layman genuinely asking for help, people genuinely trying to help but using terminology a layman wouldn't understand, and a layman not helping by reading around the subject but instead expecting everything done in one fell swoop thinking HUKD is their personal army.

OP: read this and try out the suggestions toyotaownersclub.com/for…sb/
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 5th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants