Groups

creative toy

Please recommend a toy for a 5yrs boy that can improve creativity and thinking?

18 Comments

lego or meccano

paper and pencils

tegu wooden blocks or lego

Original Poster

SusieM

lego or meccano

Thanks for the suggestion:). He has both

lego or paper/pencils

Original Poster

cheapshot

paper and pencils

I agree

Probably going to get negative comments but nothing gets my 6 year old son thinking creatively quite like minecraft

The electric circuit sets are good. My daughter has a snap circuits set and finds it fun building them and making them work.

Hama beads

Snap circuits is definitely cool....but regardless on what you feel you need to buy, it's how you yourself engage with your child.....if you want to leave them to their own devices for a period of time, then things like pen and paper will not suffice for many children in this day and age.

My son has all the things and more that have been mentioned above......He will happily while away the time with something on this tablet or 3ds, but more 'hands on' and traditional activities are more fruitful when you are there with them.....working together....offering guidance.

My lads 8 and loves minecraft too, but I have bought many minecraft books which he / we also read through together....Instead of simply digging holes and bashing zombies, he builds some rather cool structures too.....

From a gaming point of view, Lego Dimensions has also been better then I thought, due to the physical building aspect of its game play.

Playdoh is also a good creative outlet :O)

Good luck in your search for the perfect toy / activity, and hope this helps

Fimo modelling clay - make all sorts of things and bake them in the over (with supervision).

My son likes zoob, the car sets are the best ones.

I bought these 'gear cogs' for my 5 year old and it's quite good, he likes making up his own things but might need your help for more complex ideas. I paid £20 a few weeks ago though.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…K0G

etch-a-sketch

Original Poster

thanks all very good idea

Original Poster

LoRdPlOps111

etch-a-sketch

​wow this is amazing but i think he will not be able to create fascinating things at this age.

Original Poster

sxxychocolate

Snap circuits is definitely cool....but regardless on what you feel you … Snap circuits is definitely cool....but regardless on what you feel you need to buy, it's how you yourself engage with your child.....if you want to leave them to their own devices for a period of time, then things like pen and paper will not suffice for many children in this day and age.My son has all the things and more that have been mentioned above......He will happily while away the time with something on this tablet or 3ds, but more 'hands on' and traditional activities are more fruitful when you are there with them.....working together....offering guidance. My lads 8 and loves minecraft too, but I have bought many minecraft books which he / we also read through together....Instead of simply digging holes and bashing zombies, he builds some rather cool structures too.....From a gaming point of view, Lego Dimensions has also been better then I thought, due to the physical building aspect of its game play.Playdoh is also a good creative outlet :O)Good luck in your search for the perfect toy / activity, and hope this helps

Original Poster

you are absolutely right
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It was forty years ago today......517
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …917
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2562
      4. word survey46

See more discussions