CREATIVE ZEN / I PODS / MUSIC for XMAS PRESENTS

13 replies
Found 16th Nov 2008
Have 3 teens. They have all had a variety of music over the years (anyone know what I can do with a box of mini discs?).

One is asking for another Zen. Has had one for years but wants better one now. Another would like an Ipod I think.

They also have good phones that have music on them too. .....so why more music stuff needed, am I showing my age here?

Seems to me that there are far more add ons you can get with the Ipod, good speakers etc for future presents

I would far rather buy 3 of the same thing just to keep life simple but is that fair. ?

Can anyone help me out with this.

11 Comments

They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt.

Apologies if causing offence but you hear so much now 'they want this they want that', have they got jobs? You are obviously a caring parent if they already have 'good phones' and already have older versions of zens etc.

What happened to christmas being a time for caring and sharing, not having the latest gadgets at your parents expense?! I'm not talking religion, I'm just talking not taking advantage.

You must be rich or the other.

Banned

How much are you spending per kid?

Ignore the above post, it dosent answer your question and it is up to you how much your kids get for Xmas

anyone know what I can do with a box of mini discs?).

Use them as mini coasters?

The IPOD touch is pretty good and I'm sure they'd all appreciate them. They are on the costly side compared to other players.

Creative ZENs are pretty good also, compact and has video, mp3, radio etc robust and reliable and at around half the cost of the new ipods.

If they use their phones for their music then any other music player is going to be a gadget to them. I'd go for the IPOD touch then if the budget permits. You can use the touch for better email and internet use also.

curvy_chicka;3477115

They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt.Apologies if … They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt.Apologies if causing offence but you hear so much now 'they want this they want that', have they got jobs? You are obviously a caring parent if they already have 'good phones' and already have older versions of zens etc.What happened to christmas being a time for caring and sharing, not having the latest gadgets at your parents expense?! I'm not talking religion, I'm just talking not taking advantage.You must be rich or the other.

9.05am on a Sunday morning and your on the war path?

Banned

curvy_chicka;3477115

They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt.Apologies if … They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt.Apologies if causing offence but you hear so much now 'they want this they want that', have they got jobs? You are obviously a caring parent if they already have 'good phones' and already have older versions of zens etc.What happened to christmas being a time for caring and sharing, not having the latest gadgets at your parents expense?! I'm not talking religion, I'm just talking not taking advantage.You must be rich or the other.

Bah humbug.....

He's asked for advice on which player to buy, not moral guidance!

Personally, I'd go for what they prefer (within budget limits). Otherwise one or more may be unhappy - and may think it as favouritism on getting the other ones choice.

My daughters amazing, she's asked for a rubiks cube for Christmas... that's it, seriously.. lol

Oh and she's 15!!

ChipSticks;3477270

My daughters amazing, she's asked for a rubiks cube for Christmas... … My daughters amazing, she's asked for a rubiks cube for Christmas... that's it, seriously.. lolOh and she's 15!!

What the daughter hasnt told you is that its the bling one she wants at $10,000 and is gem encrusted..lol

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/entry_images/0208/18/Silver_Cube_1.jpg

OP : Budget permitting....this would go down well with the 3 teens....

StevenA2000_uk;3477343

What the daughter hasnt told you is that its the bling one she wants at … What the daughter hasnt told you is that its the bling one she wants at $10,000 and is gem encrusted..lol

Lmao! :-D

Original Poster

curvy_chicka;3477115

They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt. Apologies if … They want too much. It sounds to me like they're spoilt. Apologies if causing offence but you hear so much now 'they want this they want that', have they got jobs? You are obviously a caring parent if they already have 'good phones' and already have older versions of zens etc. What happened to christmas being a time for caring and sharing, not having the latest gadgets at your parents expense?! I'm not talking religion, I'm just talking not taking advantage. You must be rich or the other.

Was not going to justify this with a response but I feel you need educating. It is not my money, 2 of the kids are my foster children, under 16. OK yes, one is 18 and at Uni. They saved up and bought their own mobiles and pay for the running of them (they all have jobs). I don't stop caring for the kids I have on long term fostering just because they get to 16 and move on with their lives. I still buy presents for my now adopted grandkids. They have all worked very hard to achieve jobs, against many traumas in their earlier childhood (don't go there).

My own brood are in their 20's & 30's and thankfully working. They give me money to get something for those still with me, hence I have a budget of £100 each. . I feel that fostering older kids, rather than a children's home gives many more benefits to young people. I also work part time. I don't consider a good parent is someone who gives their kids whatever they want. Maybe it's because they are all girls but we don't have one computer game in the house, never been interested thankfully. I do have to be careful re favourtism, as someone has already said, hence if the budget will go that far, want to get something of quality that might last more than a year...!

Many people are going to have a harsh Xmas this year and redundancy looms large for my husband very soon I fear. According to your post.HUKD should not exsist because we are all spoiling people. Don't single me out, have a pop on all the others asking for help on here. Fortunately there are always people on here who are willing to give advice freely and not jump to conclusions about complete strangers. You are right on one thing, I am rich......but not in financial terms. I hope your day gets a lot better

Original Poster

hankmarvin4;3477131

How much are you spending per kid? Ignore the above post, it dosent … How much are you spending per kid? Ignore the above post, it dosent answer your question and it is up to you how much your kids get for Xmas

£100 each. They have hinted at ipods...I think, hence my query

Banned

iglimpse;3477912

£100 each. They have hinted at ipods...I think, hence my query

maybe push it to £120 odd each and get a 1st gen 8gb ipod touch - they will love it!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person11
    2. MacBook33
    3. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members22
    4. Why can't I connect my nectar to eBay?58

See more discussions