Groups

Credit card refund help please

I took out a new car insurance policy yesterday and paid via credit card (halifax clarity). However my new Amex reward card today arrived which i would have rather used(i have to reach a spend in the first few months). I have spoken to the insurance company who have said they can refund the payment but it may take 3-5 working days.

My statement date has historically been 23-25th of the month and i don't want the balance to carry over into the next month where interest might be payable on the amount which is to be credited.

Do you think there is a risk this could happen or would the credit be placed on the account and there be no risk of having any fees on my halifax account?

thanks in advance.

7 Comments

You sure the insurance company wont charge you a cancellation fee as most do?

do you have an interest free period?
    is it being given back as a refund or credit.

chocci

You sure the insurance company wont charge you a cancellation fee as most … You sure the insurance company wont charge you a cancellation fee as most do?

14 days cooling off period ;).

Original Poster

HamanBasher

do you have an interest free period?is it being given back as a refund or … do you have an interest free period?is it being given back as a refund or credit.

given back to me as a refund

I had an augment with a CC company over this (things might have changed), but they only used process refunds after they've changed you interest on a month.
    I'd check with the CC company. . .

shauneco

14 days cooling off period ;).

They do charge an administration fee even in cooling off period.

chocci

They do charge an administration fee even in cooling off period.

Ok fair enough
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc22
      2. Kitchen tap replacement11
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1212
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please33

See more discussions