Credit Card Refund Question

I recently bought some train tickets using a credit card, after a change of situation the tickets were no longer required and after ringing up East Coast, I was told I can get a refund after returning the train tickets to an address.

These were sent off last week. However, last night I found out someone has stolen my credit card details and Barclays blocked the card, it has now been cancelled and a new one is on the way.

My question is, what happens to my refund now that the card has been cancelled? Will I need to contact East Coast to get it sorted out? Or will I have to go via my credit card company?

5 Comments

Even if they try to refund back to the card, the transaction wouldnt go through, they might end up sending you a check...most definately

The refund will still go through as the refund will be processed to the new account number as it will be linked to your old account.
If it does not appear just ring the number on top of your credit card statement and they will get it sorted.

Phone Barclaycard and ask them - they will give you the definative answer.

keystrokes;7994319

The refund will still go through as the refund will be processed to the … The refund will still go through as the refund will be processed to the new account number as it will be linked to your old account. If it does not appear just ring the number on top of your credit card statement and they will get it sorted.

^ This, it happened to me 2 weeks ago.

jakethecatuk;7994407

Phone Barclaycard and ask them - they will give you the definative answer.

I gave the correct response as I worked for Barclaycard :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    2. GOT Leaks again415
    3. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions