Groups
    EXPIRED

Credit Cards

I've never had a credit card and know very little about them but with so many about can someone give me some advice and which one/s is best to get hold of. I don;t want to pay any interest and would intend to pay it off after a month or however long it can be interest free on the card.

I read recently that Egg card has 0% interest until August?

Hope someone can help:thumbsup:

8 Comments

So your paying it in full therefore you want to look for best cashback card as interest rates are not going to apply

You could look for a long 0% on purchases but doesn't sound like that is what you need so stick with best cashback card.

If spending over £5,000 a year is the American Express Platinum card. Its cashback rates are tiered up to 1.5% (£1.50 per £100 spent), but it also includes a bonus of 3% on everything for the first three months, though you need a minimum £20,000 income to apply

Morgan Stanley Platinum also has tiered rates, paying 1% on spending up to £2,000, and 0.5% above that - also with a bonus of triple cashback for the first three months. For new cardholders, this beats allcomers if you spend under £5,000 in the first year. The only drawback with this card is for those with a less than perfect Credit Score, anecdotally it seems tough to obtain.

Another option for those who don't fancy switching cards after a year, think they may be declined for the cards above or are worried about Amex's acceptability, is Egg Money (not the bog standard Egg card), which pays 1% back on all spending (up to £200/year)

Info taken from MSE

HTH

I think the Conran Visa card also gives 1% cashback

Col

Thom Morris

I've never had a credit card and know very little about them but with so … I've never had a credit card and know very little about them but with so many about can someone give me some advice and which one/s is best to get hold of. I don;t want to pay any interest and would intend to pay it off after a month or however long it can be interest free on the card.I read recently that Egg card has 0% interest until August?Hope someone can help:thumbsup:

Thom,
    Try one of the comparison sites to see who are giving best deals e.g.
    thisismoney.co.uk/car…lhs or or sites like Moneysupermarket.
    Also worth a read before you apply for any is the MSE info on credit cards. moneysavingexpert.com/cre…rds.

Hope thos helps

Original Poster

thanks for your help everyone, I've been looking at it this evening but it still confuses me, I swore Id never get a credit card and now I'm thinking, should I, shant I...:oops:

I personally won't have one. Had them in the past but i prefer to just use my Debit card and if i haven't got it...........i don't spend it. :thumbsup:

Thom Morris

thanks for your help everyone, I've been looking at it this evening but … thanks for your help everyone, I've been looking at it this evening but it still confuses me, I swore Id never get a credit card and now I'm thinking, should I, shant I...:oops:

If you don't need it don't get one. Thats my advice
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions