Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Credit check

Posted 27th Oct
I have Multiple bank accounts. Some I use more often than others and have monthly direct debits on them. Does it matter which bank I use for credit check?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
They will know which one you use so it dose not mater
Credit check is more about your history and your current ability to gather credit.. ie you have 1 account with £5k overdraft and I have 4 accounts with no overdraft, it should be that they are worried of your ability to already get your hands on £5k. They want to see what money you have borrowed previously and if you've paid it back without issue. And how long have you had new accounts for which I believe is about seeing your transaction history and you're spending traits (not sure though, that seems extreme)
Edited by: "Gom8z" 27th Oct
“I have Multiple bank accounts. Some I use more often than others and have monthly direct debits on them. Does it matter which bank I use for credit check?

Thanks”

I really don’t understand the question what do you mean?
Credit check for what? Mortgage, credit card?
I don't see why it would be a problem, just put the account you salary goes into as the main one.

Stay hard.
bozo00727/10/2019 15:15

Credit check for what? Mortgage, credit card?

Phone contract
JohnnyRoller27/10/2019 15:09

“I have Multiple bank accounts. Some I use more often than others and have …“I have Multiple bank accounts. Some I use more often than others and have monthly direct debits on them. Does it matter which bank I use for credit check? Thanks”I really don’t understand the question what do you mean?

Will using a bank account that I use a lot more improve my chances ?
DragonX27/10/2019 15:41

Will using a bank account that I use a lot more improve my chances ?

It won’t make a difference which bank details you give, the credit check is a general check on your credit score. You can view your credit score through many different sites, some are free and others are chargeable.
A credit check goes over all accounts/loans etc you have in your name
It doesn’t matter, because whatever creditors you’re credit checking for they’ll know who and how much money you owe others regardless.
DragonX27/10/2019 15:41

Phone contract

The bank account used for the direct debit has nothing to do with a credit check. A credit check is for deciding your ability to pay whereas the bank account is for the source of the payment.
You can give any account, it does not matter.
When they see you credit history, it will have list of all active and closed accounts
Don't need a bank account to be credit checked. Don't need a bank account to give permission to be credit checked. Criteria for credit check is usually name + DoB + adddress(es) + permission.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants