Groups

Credit Check by CLOSE ASSET MANAGEMENT (UK) LIMITED 

Hi, I've noticed a credit check by the above company on my experian credit file but I don't recognise who and why this may be!

Anyone shed any light?

13 Comments

spending their money to see if you're worth chasing for business.

could be a company pension or share dealing service if you have either
    Otherwise i would complete a dispute with the credit agency to get some more info

Original Poster

Verbal.Kint

spending their money to see if you're worth chasing for business.

​That's what it looks like as I've no connection with them!

close brothers deal with insurers for monthly payments. my car insurance is paid to close brothers

close brothers deal with insurers for monthly payments. my car insurance … close brothers deal with insurers for monthly payments. my car insurance is paid to close brothers

They also provide vehicle finance packages. Applied for any car loans recently?

Original Poster

I don't recall applying for anything... The search has been performed in the past month!

I used to have pet insurance with Axa, which they then dropped out of, selling the business to Close Brothers. I got a letter saying I had to confirm if I wanted to do this switch ... which I didn't, but then DD payments started coming out of my account for Close Brothers. Turns out they'd called HBSC and managed to persuade them to transfer my Axa DD to them. So in my experience, they're a legit business, but total scum.

mchu6am4

I don't recall applying for anything... The search has been performed in … I don't recall applying for anything... The search has been performed in the past month!

On a slightly unpleasant note it's not impossible to be part of an identity theft. Send an email to them asking why they have searched your file.

Original Poster

Verbal.Kint

On a slightly unpleasant note it's not impossible to be part of an … On a slightly unpleasant note it's not impossible to be part of an identity theft. Send an email to them asking why they have searched your file.

​I think I will do today and update

any kind of insurance or premium you pay monthly or in installments? If it's a new search then it'll be something recent. I pay business insurance via them, they basically fund the insurer and then charge me (the customer) for the credit.

Original Poster

aforumac

any kind of insurance or premium you pay monthly or in installments? If … any kind of insurance or premium you pay monthly or in installments? If it's a new search then it'll be something recent. I pay business insurance via them, they basically fund the insurer and then charge me (the customer) for the credit.

​I do have some business insurance (landlord) but it was only renewal and not a new policy,...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?78
      2. Jury service1824
      3. Large card print/poster..34
      4. What laptop to choose?33

See more discussions