Groups

Credit checking.. how do they know?

I heard that on each person's credit file, there are information on the person's job, pay, how long lived in that address etc..
    How do they know all these info? Is it possible to change some to get a good credit card?

Cheers

14 Comments

Banned

Is this a joke?

Original Poster

is not. why are you asking?

Banned

So you are seriously asking if it is possible to lie about your details to get a better credit rating?

NI Number and the electoral roll gives them all the info they need. They then search you out to see what other credit you have.

If you lie then you are committing fraud..........not a good idea.

I lived abroad for a few years, came back to a lovely blank credit rating.(after some excess as a student)
    Edited by: "Randa1" 23rd Oct 2010

Original Poster

I could not get a credit card so far that's why I'm asking.
    Maybe is because my pay is not high.
    So do they exactly know what my job is and how much I'm earning?

Banned

capital one will give you a credit card, that will help your credit rating, but its high interest, so only get if you going to be paying it off in full each month

fotocopy

So do they exactly know what my job is and how much I'm earning?

I'd have thought so.........especially as you put such info into a Credit Card application.

Banned

fotocopy

I could not get a credit card so far that's why I'm asking.Maybe is … I could not get a credit card so far that's why I'm asking.Maybe is because my pay is not high.So do they exactly know what my job is and how much I'm earning?

OK, this is definitely a joke. Nice one!

fotocopy

I could not get a credit card so far that's why I'm asking.Maybe is … I could not get a credit card so far that's why I'm asking.Maybe is because my pay is not high.So do they exactly know what my job is and how much I'm earning?

be carefull how many you apply for as too many declines will bring your rating further down.

fotocopy

The reason you can't get a card is more likely you have a bad re-payment record or in arrears with other accounts
    Edited by: "DAMNOME" 23rd Oct 2010

sassie

capital one will give you a credit card, that will help your credit … capital one will give you a credit card, that will help your credit rating, but its high interest, so only get if you going to be paying it off in full each month

A+

A good credit rebuilder as long as you never miss a payment etc

A credit report does not give details of your job.

If you wonder why you are being turned down, get a copy of your credit report from either Experian or Equifax.

Go and get the Experian free trial, you can then see all the details people have on you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      2. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977

See more discussions