Credit Checks

Hi
I ordered a phone from Phones4u yesterday and they said that I passed the credit check on their end but failed by Vodafone and neither Phones4u nor Vodafone can tell me why I failed. The only thing I can think of is that the address I gave them I have only been there for half a year. Would that be a reason? and also would this affect my credit rating?

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

14 Comments

I doubt it not if you have been on the electrol roll since you moved in.

Yes, they sometimes check the identity of the applicant if you are taking on a contract to make sure its not false details, if you are not on the electoral role there it can have an adverse affect.

you are supposed to give them 3 years worth of addresses so probably the reason tho i faild a vodafone check and had never failed one before they were happy to give me the contract if i gave them a £300 bond they could keep for 3 monts!! :w00t: i had just moved they said thats was why, i went with orange instead!!

Original Poster

EBT;3430409

I doubt it not if you have been on the electrol roll since you moved in.

wendyak;3430411

Yes, they sometimes check the identity of the applicant if you are taking … Yes, they sometimes check the identity of the applicant if you are taking on a contract to make sure its not false details, if you are not on the electoral role there it can have an adverse affect.

foxymissroxy;3430418

you are supposed to give them 3 years worth of addresses so probably the … you are supposed to give them 3 years worth of addresses so probably the reason tho i faild a vodafone check and had never failed one before they were happy to give me the contract if i gave them a £300 bond they could keep for 3 monts!! :w00t: i had just moved they said thats was why, i went with orange instead!!

hiya thanks for the reply, I am not on the electrol roll yet at the new address but gave them my old address where I lived with my parents and still on the electrol roll. Vodafone didnt offer me anything :x. If I failed this credit check would it affect my credit rating if I wanted to open another contract with another network?

brillangel;3430433

hiya thanks for the reply, I am not on the electrol roll yet at the new … hiya thanks for the reply, I am not on the electrol roll yet at the new address but gave them my old address where I lived with my parents and still on the electrol roll. Vodafone didnt offer me anything :x. If I failed this credit check would it affect my credit rating if I wanted to open another contract with another network?

You don't have a "Rating", all lenders have their own criteria.

A "Search" will be registered to your name. Too many(subjective) is not a good sign, and you will find it harder to obtain credit.

Get a copy of your credit file, and see what may have prevented you from being accepted.
It maybe the electoral roll, it may be something else.

Banned

you need to check you credit file on a regular basis to make sure it is up to date

too many credit checks in a short period of time effect your rating, but a couple will probably be fine.

chrishill;3430532

too many credit checks in a short period of time effect your rating, but … too many credit checks in a short period of time effect your rating, but a couple will probably be fine.

they xan also see who you have applied too so o2 will know you tried voda etc:thumbsup:

To put it in perspective even the gas board check you before letting you have a gas supply or paying over 10/12 months.

foxymissroxy;3430566

they xan also see who you have applied too so o2 will know you tried voda … they xan also see who you have applied too so o2 will know you tried voda etc:thumbsup:

I don't believe that they can see who the previous searches are from, just the amount.
If credit is gained, that would show up to everybody, not searches.

Original Poster

thanks for the reply,

I just looked back onto the phones4u website and that deal is not available anymore this wouldnt be a reason what they rejected the order right? sounds a bit stupid but i have never had a problem with contracts and always paid on time etc..... so may have to get a credit report as suggested!

Original Poster

thesaint;3430588

I don't believe that they can see who the previous searches are from, … I don't believe that they can see who the previous searches are from, just the amount.If credit is gained, that would show up to everybody, not searches.

so does that mean no one can see that vodafone had searched and rejected me?

brillangel;3430634

so does that mean no one can see that vodafone had searched and rejected … so does that mean no one can see that vodafone had searched and rejected me?

They can see that a company has done a search, they won't know whether you have been accepted or rejected.

Original Poster

thesaint;3430657

They can see that a company has done a search, they won't know whether … They can see that a company has done a search, they won't know whether you have been accepted or rejected.

oh ok thats a relief then!! thought i wouldnt be able to get another contract out for a while!! thanks!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114
    3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747

See more discussions