Groups

Credit Repair Agencies

Afternoon all,
    I just wanted to know if anyone has used a credit repair agency?

I was just on the phone with credit expert because i have a couple of defaults on my account from 2004 and 2006 which have all been cleared and settled, and i wanted to know if the defaults can be removed as I have had letters from the lendors to verify that everything has been cleared. The lady suggested using a credit repair agency but said then went on to say its a bit risky!!! I asked her to clarify and just wouldn't!

Doing a quick look on google there seems to be mixed feeling about credit repair agencies! so i just want to know if what everyone's opinion is on these agencies or if anyone has ever used a credit repair agency?

5 Comments

Original Poster

Oh ok thanks,

Apparently there is a way to clear the defaults or so I have been told! I'm desperately trying to figure out how!

I just find it sooo frustrating that cause of my past (university debts) I cant get my dream house! errghhhh

Didnt even know there were such companies - subscribed to the thread because will be interesting to hear what people have to see - i also had a few defaults a few years ago

tried them years ago,complete con,dont be tempted

Banned

there is a way and u stand a good chance as it was before 2006 when rules changed slightly, have a look here

learnmoney.co.uk/cre…tml

consumeractiongroup.co.uk/for…tml

also there a a few other good sites that can help with forums if u search

dont use credit repair company as u can do what they do urself with a little research

Original Poster

casparwhite;4940694

there is a way and u stand a good chance as it was before 2006 when rules … there is a way and u stand a good chance as it was before 2006 when rules changed slightly, have a look herehttp://www.learnmoney.co.uk/credit-cards/remove_default_notice.htmlhttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/113193-credit-file-defaults.htmlalso there a a few other good sites that can help with forums if u searchdont use credit repair company as u can do what they do urself with a little research

Thanks alot mate!

Rep Left!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?66
      2. Competitions on HUKD712
      3. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
      4. word survey1316

See more discussions