Credit where credit due!

Found 25th Nov 2017Edited by:"mousey"
Well done to all the STAFF and all the POSTERS to "hotukdeals" - this last few days have been amazing, everyone pulling together to get the best deals. I have indeed got a few great bargains and for this I thank-you all! Season Greetings to everyone!
Love Mousey!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted5795925th Nov 2017

What happened in the last few days?

The people of Britain spent Billions on stuff they don't really need.
It isn't over yet, we have Cyber monday to come.

So get back to work everyone.
SteveFantasy25th Nov 2017

Well that landfill doesn't fill itself.
34 Comments
Yvw
deleted5795925th Nov 2017

What happened in the last few days?

It isn't over yet, we have Cyber monday to come.

So get back to work everyone.
And they did it all for free or was there an element of referral fees in the equation
What did I miss ?

Wongy11031 m ago

Don't call it landfill.
Call it, new build sites for tomorrow's generation.
`How many £billions of goods churned out of British factories by the hard-working Brits working their knuckles bare to make these British goods for us?!

I spent about £500 so far, all imported goods.
Wongy11044 m ago

What did I miss ?

Were have you been?
deeky1 h, 22 m ago

Yvw

Deeky to get a knighthood in the New Year Honours
aww youuu
I thought the staff had all been on holiday, apart from the ones posting crap from Chinese merchants. Lots and lots of repetitive posts not deleted for hours.
I'll never understand people who buy TVs when they still have a working one, its not going to make any impact on the !ack of things worth watching on it

Even better in America where they have Thanksgiving and then the next day they go to malls to buy more crap with a sprinkle of violence.
For once I didn't spend
mod
Seasons greetings to you too @mousey
They should be thanking us for the £1000s we made them

Click click
niceroundpound5 h, 0 m ago

Seasons greetings to you too @mousey

another month to go yet .....
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro9 h, 53 m ago

I'll never understand people who buy TVs when they still have a working …I'll never understand people who buy TVs when they still have a working one, its not going to make any impact on the !ack of things worth watching on it

Who cares if you understand?

I'm sure no one really stops to think what Error on HUKD is thinking when they upgrade to a 4K TV.

With UHD becoming more prevalent it's no surprise people are upgrading as prices are becoming lower.

As you're interest in gaming I thought you of all people would've been aware of why people are upgrading...

Alas, this must be one of those scenarios you choose to oppose for the sake of opposing something. You do it quite often.

Hope all is well.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 26th Nov 2017
DT8926th Nov 2017

Who cares if you understand?I'm sure no one really stops to think what …Who cares if you understand?I'm sure no one really stops to think what Error on HUKD is thinking when they upgrade to a 4K TV. With UHD becoming more prevalent it's no surprise people are upgrading as prices are becoming lower.As you're interest in gaming I thought you of all people would've been aware of why people are upgrading...Alas, this must be one of those scenarios you choose to oppose for the sake of opposing something. You do it quite often.Hope all is well.

Its a pointless waste of money if you have a TV that works, just like if you have a phone that works, why continue this endless endeavour to destroy the planet with greed by replacing things that don't need replacing.

Me of all people? I've been saying for years graphics don't make a game good and the focus on them is having the opposite affect by sapping resources that would be better spent on story, design and gameplay.
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro8 m ago

Its a pointless waste of money if you have a TV that works, just like if …Its a pointless waste of money if you have a TV that works, just like if you have a phone that works, why continue this endless endeavour to destroy the planet with greed by replacing things that don't need replacing.Me of all people? I've been saying for years graphics don't make a game good and the focus on them is having the opposite affect by sapping resources that would be better spent on story, design and gameplay.

It's not pointless.

If you have a 720p TV and upgrade to a 4K one it's a massive upgrade.

Just because you don't find the upgrade worth it doesn't make it a rule for everyone. Most people would agree that with 2017 being the year 4K became affordable it makes sense to upgrade. Plus it's not just about how it looks but refresh rates, audio, etc

EDIT: to add you've listed all your consoles you own. Last time I checked you have numerous consoles. I assume you played your PS3 or Xbox 360 on a CRT TV and never bothered upgraded to a HD TV because it's the same thing? Right?

Or what about when you buy a new knife for your collection? You've already got a knife so why do you need another one if the one/s you own aren't broken?

Before you criticise people's purchase choices you should stop and see if you contradict yourself with your pointless moaning.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 26th Nov 2017
I buy new consoles for the games on them, I'd be perfectly happy if we still had mega drive. I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke i was playing the audio thu, my crt had died years before and i was playing games via the pc monitor for years (secondhand sony Trinitron one if you care).

Not bought a new knife in years but its like art to me.

Shame about CRTs no more light gun games
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 26th Nov 2017
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro42 m ago

I buy new consoles for the games on them, I'd be perfectly happy if we …I buy new consoles for the games on them, I'd be perfectly happy if we still had mega drive. I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke i was playing the audio thu, my crt had died years before and i was playing games via the pc monitor for years (secondhand sony Trinitron one if you care).Not bought a new knife in years but its like art to me.Shame about CRTs no more light gun games

Each to their own. But remember the vast majority of people will upgrade to stay up to date with technology. I'm a fan of retro games but don't have a problem with that.

On the topic of CRT TVs I regret selling my Sony Trinitron 21inch that had 4:3 & RGB Scart. It made PS1 & PS2 games look amazing.
DT8926th Nov 2017

Each to their own. But remember the vast majority of people will upgrade …Each to their own. But remember the vast majority of people will upgrade to stay up to date with technology. I'm a fan of retro games but don't have a problem with that.On the topic of CRT TVs I regret selling my Sony Trinitron 21inch that had 4:3 & RGB Scart. It made PS1 & PS2 games look amazing.

Mine broke
DT8926th Nov 2017

You said that in a previous post.

No i said the hi fi broke i was playing the sound thru, i did actually buy a pc speaker system but it was faulty, buy a speaker thing from ebuyer and its broken, fish a aiwa hi fi out a skip and get hold of two technics speaker boxes left by the bin room and they work for years. Still got he 350w subwoofers from them.
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro18 m ago

No i said the hi fi broke i was playing the sound thru, i did actually buy …No i said the hi fi broke i was playing the sound thru, i did actually buy a pc speaker system but it was faulty, buy a speaker thing from ebuyer and its broken, fish a aiwa hi fi out a skip and get hold of two technics speaker boxes left by the bin room and they work for years. Still got he 350w subwoofers from them.

Sorry but I don't understand the content of your post.
DT8927th Nov 2017

Sorry but I don't understand the content of your post.

I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke that i was putting the sound thru for everything, i played\watched everything thru a TV card in the PC that was connected to the games consoles, dvd player, VCRs, dream box, freeview etc.

The pc monitor died many years later.

My LCD TV will be ten years old around may next year
deleted265520
Segata-Sanshiro23 m ago

I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke that i was putting the sound …I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke that i was putting the sound thru for everything, i played\watched everything thru a TV card in the PC that was connected to the games consoles, dvd player, VCRs, dream box, freeview etc.The pc monitor died many years later.My LCD TV will be ten years old around may next year

Why did you use a HiFi to output the sound if the TV could do it?
Your argument is that visual quality means very little so surely audio quality qualifies for the same (lack of) treatment?

What mobile phone do you have by the way?
If you drive what car do you have?
I assume you still use the same cutlery from 20 years ago?

DT8927th Nov 2017

Why did you use a HiFi to output the sound if the TV could do it?Your …Why did you use a HiFi to output the sound if the TV could do it?Your argument is that visual quality means very little so surely audio quality qualifies for the same (lack of) treatment?What mobile phone do you have by the way?If you drive what car do you have?I assume you still use the same cutlery from 20 years ago?....

I didn't have a TV, i used a pc monitor and the hi fi, i only bothered getting a TV because the hi fi broke.

I have xiaomi, i got it when my thl broke, I've bought 4 phones in my life.

My cutlery is new got it free from ikea
Great if you are in the market for a new console or a load of chinese tat
Segata-Sanshiro23 h, 45 m ago

I buy new consoles for the games on them, I'd be perfectly happy if we …I buy new consoles for the games on them, I'd be perfectly happy if we still had mega drive. I bought a lcd tv because the hi fi broke i was playing the audio thu, my crt had died years before and i was playing games via the pc monitor for years (secondhand sony Trinitron one if you care).Not bought a new knife in years but its like art to me.Shame about CRTs no more light gun games

Lightguns are incredibly pointless now there is PlayStation Aim. It does a much better job. Saying that as a Time Crisis arcade machine addict of twenty years.

But I guess that's another pointless upgrade and touching something made by Sony would probably burn your skin off.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants