Expired

Crescent Electronics what a load of crap!!!

26 replies
Found 26th Apr 2011
this site is a complete joke they never answer there phone they never email back they are totally useless. don't be swayed by there deals just go pay a few more quid and use a better company as the ball ache you got from these people is crazy

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Original Poster

no i ordered from them and then having the problems hence me posting this

Original Poster

finally did phone me back so there not all bad but to be honest its a joke that i ordered something when 10 in stock and now my order is canceled and refunded because out of stock looks asif they posted to new orders first rather than doing my order that was first.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

So just because your having problem when 1000's haven't you think this … So just because your having problem when 1000's haven't you think this site should be avoidedName any online shop and i could almost certainly find someone who's had a problem with it, so are you going to avoid using all online shops?

ive just googled there feedback and they have done this to many people before. a hell of alot of people complaining about poor communication etc too. why are you sticking up for this site do you work there or something.

My first order with Crescent Electronics was also pretty bad they took the money for some memory that was in stock 9 days later after I had to phone them , they said they would sort it out then cancelled my order and started the refund process.

Some 4 weeks later I decided to give them a second chance and ordered a couple of Ocz Ssd drives and it was a little less hassle still had to contact them to ask where my order was after 9 days. To be fair though I chose the free delivery which is 5 working days

Original Poster

im not new on here atall i was messing about lol. but i just didn't get why you was sticking up for them thats all im not stupid, i know that not all companies can do everything right all the time but that was a **** take that they showed items in stock then canceled my order when i was the first to order. if they didn't have crappy communication i could of canceled it sooner rather than later and ordered while still in stock elsewhere, instead i gave everyone the heads up on hotukdeals to get the good price while i was left with a refund. you dont have to talk to me like a n00b just because i haven't been involved with this site as much as you have it can come across as very arrogant, if or not you mean it too. but anyways im done with this tread i will hold back from posting my deals until the item is out for delivery.

I ordered from Crescent Electronics as they were slightly cheaper than Amazon. Huge mistake as Crescent Electronics have now cancelled the order and emailed saying that they are out of stock. My order had been confirmed by Crescent Electronics and money taken via Paypal. The money has now been refunded. In the mean time the camera I ordered has increased in price on Amazon by £16. I will stick to Amazon in future and will not let this drop until Crescent Electronis refund me the difference. I suggest that everyone that this has happened to should contact Watchdog.

Banned

Ordered from them last Friday, order delivered Tuesday, there customer service was brilliant when I called.

But like any company I suppose they could mess up

Original Poster

Y2K008

Ordered from them last Friday, order delivered Tuesday, there customer … Ordered from them last Friday, order delivered Tuesday, there customer service was brilliant when I called. But like any company I suppose they could mess up

i dont believe you for one second if you say you got through calling there number
they do not pick up the phone ever. you HAVE to leave a message, then they get back to you when they feel like it.

Banned

Why would I lie?? I called them they picked up and sorted my delivery,

Tbh if you had that attitude when you were dealing with them it's no wonder it went bad for you

Banned

My order arrived late, rang them and sorted it. Not great but dealt with much worse companies

In b4 I work for them

Banned

Y2K008

Why would I lie?? I called them they picked up and sorted my delivery,Tbh … Why would I lie?? I called them they picked up and sorted my delivery,Tbh if you had that attitude when you were dealing with them it's no wonder it went bad for you

Multi ID's not permitted, main id banned and original ID infracted.

Original Poster

well glad the Admin

Y2K008

Why would I lie?? I called them they picked up and sorted my delivery,Tbh … Why would I lie?? I called them they picked up and sorted my delivery,Tbh if you had that attitude when you were dealing with them it's no wonder it went bad for you

i dont know why i am replying to this comment as you have already been banned by trying to stick up for the company you work for by pretendeing to be a customer and openening 2 account. well done to the admin for catching you out i knew from your first message you were a faker.

plus the message i am quoting doesn't even make sense? how can i have an attitude making an internet order? i ordered online never had any sort of dispatch email or to say what was happening after 8 days so obviously i wanted to know where my order was. so i called and called and called 2 days on the trot as i didnt want to leave a message but in the end i had no choice but to leave one. my message was very professional as i dont think its wise getting hissy with a company while they have your cash in there bank. now i have a refund i can say what i want. so your comment in ridicules really as i always act professional and decent to any company i deal with.

Concur - terrible company - They claim to have stock take money then tell you two weeks later no stock - then you wait for a refund.

Ordered 23" Philips monitor two weeks ago and yes - you can guess what happened today !!!

AVOID AVOID AVOID

I ordered a monitor from them this morning (30th June) at 06:00 after reading that it would be delivered between 09:30 and 17:30 on Friday 1st July if ordered within a certain time. It was ordered within that certain time. It is now 23:37 on Thursday 30th June and the order is still in the "Processing" state (Not shipped yet) I shall update this tomorrow. Let's hope this will be honoured.

I shall update tomorrow.

ken4

I ordered a monitor from them this morning (30th June) at 06:00 after … I ordered a monitor from them this morning (30th June) at 06:00 after reading that it would be delivered between 09:30 and 17:30 on Friday 1st July if ordered within a certain time. It was ordered within that certain time. It is now 23:37 on Thursday 30th June and the order is still in the "Processing" state (Not shipped yet) I shall update this tomorrow. Let's hope this will be honoured.I shall update tomorrow.

01/07/2011 at 18:30: I did not receive the promised item. I called today and the operator informed me that it had shipped, but could not give me a tracking number.
Someone stayed at home to receive the goods, but not a sign of it.

This is what I did today:
10:50: Called and was informed that the item had shipped. Could not give a tracking number.
13:07: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
13:09: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
13:12: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy". Left message with my number to call back.
13:21: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
14:12: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
14:30: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy" Left message to call back.
14:48: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
16:03: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"
16:10: Called again, but "all Sales team were busy"

They have not called back. I have just sent a message to Sales. Still hoping for a good resolution on this, so let's see.

YAWN

Adam2222

well glad the Admin i dont know why i am replying to this comment as you … well glad the Admin i dont know why i am replying to this comment as you have already been banned by trying to stick up for the company you work for by pretendeing to be a customer and openening 2 account. well done to the admin for catching you out i knew from your first message you were a faker. plus the message i am quoting doesn't even make sense? how can i have an attitude making an internet order? i ordered online never had any sort of dispatch email or to say what was happening after 8 days so obviously i wanted to know where my order was. so i called and called and called 2 days on the trot as i didnt want to leave a message but in the end i had no choice but to leave one. my message was very professional as i dont think its wise getting hissy with a company while they have your cash in there bank. now i have a refund i can say what i want. so your comment in ridicules really as i always act professional and decent to any company i deal with.

Made my first order last week, received parts of the order today. Packaging looked good but the items inside were damaged, packaging ripped etc. No answer on phone and no answer on email all last week either.

This is my first and my last i am not going to give them a second chance.

Crescent Electronics need reporting to Trade Descriptions. They state on their web site calls answered in less than 30 seconds, what a joke they use an 0844 number and never answer, all you get is a member of our sales team will be with you shortly. I have spend £5 in calls trying to contact someone. I have had a payment taken from my account for goods that was cancelled within half an hour of placing the order and they told me that it wouldn't be charged for. I do not think that this company is what it appears on their web site, I think that orders are placed through a third party company. My advice at least is, don't try to phone them, remember it is an 0844 number.

Original Poster

use this number instead (01892 665401) for every 0845 number there is always a landline its just a case of finding it out most of them will be listed on saynoto0870 website.

I have now received a call from Crescent Electronics and they have sorted out my refund so apart from the difficulty of getting through to them on the 0844 number I must admit they were very polite and my other order was received ok. They also gave me another number to call them on. But use the one in the previous post ( 01892 665401 )

purchased headphones using a google price comparison showing free delivery. Using the link I went directly to the item, and at checkout asked to proceed. Nowhere was delivery charges mentioned upto the final payment stage. Got an email showing a delivery charge of 9.99. Very misleading. On a small item as the one I ordered it is expensive. Called customer services who were helpful and we agreed a partial refund

Looks like their website is down now, i have usually had good contact with them but they haven't answered for a week or so now so either they have gone under or they are doing a redesign. Jordanwatch usually gives me a good idea about a company and if its trustworthy, here is what they say about Crescent, apparently not insolvent yet.

jordanwatch.co.uk/rep…tml
Edited by: "d8ost" 25th Oct 2011

I have ordered with them, 19/12/11 and it still hasnt arrived. Last email I had was 21/12/11 to say its on back order and now there are no replies to emails or answering of their phones, any of the numbers 0844 or the one posted here. Their website is no more and is redirected to saverstore.com who are not currently dealing with outstanding orders but are taking new ones for themselves and not as part of crescent. It seems crescent are no more........ Cr4p!

further to my reply, I have checked companies house today and crescent electronics went voluntary insolvency 22/12/11 which is a shame for the employees as I heard form one of them on the 23rd (thought it was the 21st) and they must not have been any the wiser, ho hum.

is this company now bust? only had one dealing with them for the 24gb Hyper x 6 months for about £116 or so...great deal but a little worried as the ram is still in warranty but their website is gone.
No problems with the ram yet but a little concerned in case it happens

they are out of business now
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions