Groups

Crete- holiday tips please

We are off to Crete for half term, never been before, so looking for any tips please.Staying in the Aghia Marina area. Anyone been before? Good places to eat or drink? Any trips to try? Also, whats is it like to hire a car? Driven in cyprus before- but never in Greece.
    Thanks in advance

5 Comments

Going in july got some great trips lined up also going to hire a car.

TripAdvisor is your friend in this instance!

Do you like history ? If so Crete is the place for you. Knossos is very interesting and chania is full of beautiful architecture. I could go on for hours. Crete is one of my favourite places

Been a couple of times to that resort. Easy to get a bus into the town centre coach station which is then a short walk through the narrow historic parts to the Marina. From the Marina you could do one of many boat trips which include secluded beaches and Scuba diving at a WW2 plane remains.
    There is also a land train that goes from the resort to various places throughout the day

I stayed in Agia Marina last May.. Went half board so can't comment on any restaurants and mostly lounged around on the beach so can't help with stuff to do.. But if you need cheap eats I can recommend "Family's Fast Food" A gyros is a nice cheap snack at any time of the day..There is a constant flow of locals in there which is usually a good sign.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1049093-d4843378-Reviews-Family_s_Fast_Food-Agia_Marina_Chania_Prefecture_Crete.html

If my experience was anything to go by there are few brits staying , quite a lot of Scandinavians and Polish people there.. not a bad thing really.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions