Cricket for Back Garden

Found 17th May
Hi.

My 7 year old has taken a liking to playing cricket.

I was thinking of putting up a small net area so he can practise batting. I have been doing some web research and nets are expensive and quite long.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice
Community Updates
AskHome & GardenFitness
8 Comments
Your lawn will get trashed at both 'creases'. Some windows may get broken (I lost 2. One a Patio door at £350). Plants will suffer. Neighbours patience will be tried

Forward Defensive only. Soft balls only.

Absolutely right to let the kids have some fun. My lad even took to mowing the grass so as to create a 'wicket' of shorter grass down the middle. Huge amount of fun was had by all.
Thanks for the reply. It will only be tennis balls in the garden. Any recommendations for protection?
Only use tennis balls like you said but not from pound shop as they don't bounce. Sports direct all ways sell them cheap. Buy a cricket bat set from argos around £15 . That's all
Misslovely6 m ago

Only use tennis balls like you said but not from pound shop as they don't …Only use tennis balls like you said but not from pound shop as they don't bounce. Sports direct all ways sell them cheap. Buy a cricket bat set from argos around £15 . That's all

Thanks for the advice. Yes pound land balls dont bounce that much. Any idea of nets for a garden?
adamnsu5 m ago

Thanks for the advice. Yes pound land balls dont bounce that much. Any …Thanks for the advice. Yes pound land balls dont bounce that much. Any idea of nets for a garden?

I use my fence and gates. I went abroad and bought a proper bat and wickets for a fraction of UK price.
I wouldn't waste your money yet, just see how he gets on or use a football net for £15 from argos
Plastic garden net (for fruit cages and the like ) is very cheap and will stand up to a tennis ball , suspend on garden canes and garden twine or string and you should have a serviceable net for under a tenner
Thanks to all for your replies. I have now got some ideas what to do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants