Crimewatch: Madeline McCann. Tonight at 9pm.

Banned 626
Found 14th Oct 2013
British detectives working on the Madeleine McCann investigation have revealed that key details in the timeline of her disappearance were wrong.

"It has allowed us to work with Crimewatch to build the most detailed reconstruction as yet, and highlight very specific appeal points.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
626 Comments

Original Poster Banned

I take my hat off to them for keeping her in the public eye. I am sure most people in their circumstances would have drowned with the guilt of leaving her on her own. They have put this to one side and together they are a formidable team intent on finding her. I really hope they can succeed.

Video preview here- youtube.com/wat…hBQ

On the other hand i think they are very lucky they are having all of this police time and help and given the international publicity and her unique eye, I am amazed she hasn't been found if she is indeed still alive.

news.sky.com/sto…ong

Banned

Although I do sympathise and hope she is one day found alive and well.

It is questionable as to how much media coverage this case has gotten compared to other children that have also gone missing and get nothing like the attention in this case.
Edited by: "2sly" 14th Oct 2013

So lets get this right. The young girl was left alone at night in an unlocked room? the parents weren't charged with anything?

Anyone else see an issue with this?

Infinitesd

So lets get this right. The young girl was left alone at night in an … So lets get this right. The young girl was left alone at night in an unlocked room? the parents weren't charged with anything?Anyone else see an issue with this?

Sure, just let me fetch my torch and pitch fork.

will be watching.

Lets not forget the Government have ring fenced money specifically for this investigation, as much as I feel sad for them, they DID leave their child unattended and never faced charges for that....

So lets imagine

I leave my child at home for 2 hours who is aged 4, I return to find them missing, I wonder if I would be given every Government resource and constant attention and millions in donations to find my child...

I think not!

I am not saying they should not be given help, what I am saying is kids go missing a lot, and some are never found, and never get any attention...

Yet for some unknown reason this one child is given every resource, remember the Portugal police have closed the case

Edited by: "Aeschylus" 14th Oct 2013

Original Poster Banned

2sly

Although I do sympathise and hope she is one day found alive and well. It … Although I do sympathise and hope she is one day found alive and well. It is questionable as to how much media coverage this case has gotten compared to other children that have also gone missing and get nothing like the attention in this case.

I don't know mate. Off the top of my head i think of names such as Jon Venables, April Jones, The soham murders etc. All world wide media covered events. I just guess it's because they were proven murders were s here no one knows if she is alive or dead.

Original Poster Banned

Aeschylus

Lets not forget the Government have ring fenced money specifically for … Lets not forget the Government have ring fenced money specifically for this investigation, as much as I feel sad for them, the DID leave their child unattended and never faced charges for that....So lets imagineI leave my child at home for 2 hours who is aged 4, I return to find them missing, I wonder if I would be given every Government resource and constant attention and millions in donations to find my child...I think not!I am not saying they should not be given help, what I am saying is kids go missing a lot, and some are never found, and never get any attention...Yet for some unknown reason this one child is given every resource, remember the Portugal police have closed the case

Yes i believe i read somewhere last night they closed the case in 2008, she only went missing in 2007. It was re-opened by Scotland yard last year i think they said.

New E-fits have been released anyway, i doubt anything will come of them.

independent.co.uk/new…tml

Still sickening that they thought it was acceptable to be out of seeing and hearing distance of their three very young children when they could have used the baby sitting service which was staffed by the same people who ran the children's club during the day where they happily left the children during the daytime and which the children were familiar with staff.

http://i44.tinypic.com/a3il4y.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/nh1cbb.jpg

I think it would be a miracle if Madeleine McCann is found alive but we can all hope that if she was taken it was for the purposes of being raised by another family as a normal child and not by paedophiles.

This is a good way for them to help sell their book etc.. They're millionaires.

Banned

due to their negligence they are single-handedly destroying the Portugese tourism market for that region.

I have no idea how they manage to pluck computer generated reconstructions for an incident that happened many years ago.

Banned

D_G

I don't know mate. Off the top of my head i think of names such as Jon … I don't know mate. Off the top of my head i think of names such as Jon Venables, April Jones, The soham murders etc. All world wide media covered events. I just guess it's because they were proven murders were s here no one knows if she is alive or dead.

I reason why I mention this was because shortly around the time after the Madeline story broke. There was a piece in the Metro newspaper which occupied a couple of inches. It was a story regarding a young black girl who was also missing. That was the last of that story. Never heard if she was found alive or anything. I'm not suggesting that colour has anything to do with it but the story just stuck out to me.
Edited by: "2sly" 14th Oct 2013

Original Poster Banned

Seems to be all over the news again at the moment.

Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girlThe … Madeleine McCann: British man arrested in the hunt for missing girlThe dramatic arrest of a Brit in the hunt for Madeleine McCann has been described as “potentially highly significant”.It has boosted the hopes of the missing youngster’s anguished parents Kate and Gerry.A source close to the couple said: “The arrest only happened as a result of a claim that Madeleine may still be alive.”The suspect was held in a swoop by Greater Manchester Police after the Sunday Mirror last week revealed that a man bragged about seeing Madeleine alive just weeks ago.A respected barrister told us the man boasted to him that he had met the child on a Mediterranean island. It was claimed Maddie was “introduced” to the man this summer.Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-british-man-arrested-2366183#ixzz2hgqJ9Gjb Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

It's amazing how much one of the e-fits looks just like Gerry McCann!

"Of the criticism that the McCanns left their children by themselves on four evenings while they went for dinner, the McCanns official representative Mr Mitchell said there was a cultural difference between Britain and Portugal.

"It is a British approach to get your children washed, bathed and in bed early in the evening if you can so you can have something of the evening to yourself. That is the British way of doing things. It doesn't mean it's wrong. It doesn't mean it's right," he said."

Remarks like this are what have alienated the McCanns to many.

Banned

galareho

It's amazing how much one of the e-fits looks just like Gerry McCann!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00373/mccann_280_373761a.jpg
http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article8877757.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/McCann-PA.jpg

oO

Infinitesd

So lets get this right. The young girl was left alone at night in an … So lets get this right. The young girl was left alone at night in an unlocked room? the parents weren't charged with anything?Anyone else see an issue with this?

*Losing their child is punishment enough and having horrid uncompassionate people on numerous forums assassinate them at every turn for their mistake, albeit one of the worst they could have made but one that will haunt them forever.

*This on the basis that they do not know her whereabouts.

Putting aside what the parents did, there is a little girl in this who may just be alive.

I would like to think she is alive and ok, but i feel deep down that im wrong

hope they find her - yes

bothered - no

Aeschylus

Lets not forget the Government have ring fenced money specifically for … Lets not forget the Government have ring fenced money specifically for this investigation, as much as I feel sad for them, they DID leave their child unattended and never faced charges for that....So lets imagineI leave my child at home for 2 hours who is aged 4, I return to find them missing, I wonder if I would be given every Government resource and constant attention and millions in donations to find my child...I think not!I am not saying they should not be given help, what I am saying is kids go missing a lot, and some are never found, and never get any attention...Yet for some unknown reason this one child is given every resource, remember the Portugal police have closed the case

Considering you are not saying they should not not be given help, you are doing a fine job of making it sound like you are.

its how many years now since it happened

they need to put this to rest they really do, like people have said should never have left them alone, they are lucky they even got to keep the twins after all this happened

dontasciime

*Losing their child is punishment enough and having horrid … *Losing their child is punishment enough and having horrid uncompassionate people on numerous forums assassinate them at every turn for their mistake, albeit one of the worst they could have made but one that will haunt them forever.*This on the basis that they do not know her whereabouts.

So by that theory if I run over a friends kid in the driveway I have been punished enough because the guilt of my mistake is bad enough?

I also put my kids to bed around 8pm so I can have some quiet time, but I dont leave the door unlocked and go to the pub.

All that aside I do hope Maddie is ok and unharmed. Its not her fault her parents are idiots.

Edited by: "Infinitesd" 14th Oct 2013

Mark2111

"It is a British approach to get your children washed, bathed and in bed … "It is a British approach to get your children washed, bathed and in bed early in the evening if you can so you can have something of the evening to yourself. That is the British way of doing things. It doesn't mean it's wrong. It doesn't mean it's right," he said."

I like to make sure my daughter is bathed and in bed early so I get to spend sometime with my wife.
That doesn't mean, however, that we're going to go out and leave her alone in the house.

the balance of probabilities points to the parents being complicit, what with the vast majority of child abductions being carried out by someone known to the child.

it's ridiculous that it's gone on so long, with millions of pounds and hours of media attention still being given.

no doubt tonight's reconstruction won't mention the fact they routinely drugged the kids to sleep (and got plastered every night on holiday). If they weren't respectable doctors and were a bit scummy the spotlight would have fallen on them a lot sooner.

any time the Portuguese police tried to test the "accepted version of events" (i.e. the parents' version, which is allegedly being challenged in tonight's crimewatch) they were shouted down by a hysteric media backed by millions of mongs howling into the void on facebook and myspace, all of whom have a huge vested interest in pursuing the same story and remaining blind to the bare facts of the verifiable evidence.

this is what the original detective thinks:

goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/

obviously phantom bogeymen stealing ur kids sells a lot more papers.

I await this post being removed and me being banned

They both make my skin crawl.

They should both be behind bars.

Let's not forget that there were a group of them and all of that had children, not just the McCanns ŵere leaving them alone in their apartments.

Jane tanner and her partner Dr Russell o'Brien

Rachel Oldfield and her husband Dr Mathew Oldfield

Dr Fiona Payne and her husband David Payne

Dianne Webster mother of Fiona Payne.

Davis Payne is the man who looks very similiar or Robert Murat who was a suspect at one point.

Dr Russell O'Brien, partner of Jane Tanner, left the dining table for a long period during the night of May 3rd. This period has been reported as being anything between 25 and 45 minutes.

It has been stated that this was to attend to his young daughter who had been vomitting and that he needed to change the sheets.

Even though their child was unwell Jane tanner and her partner Dr O'Brien both went out to the tapas bar leaving their unwell child!

The whole lot of them are educated but selfish and callous beyond belief!

upset brown pant

the balance of probabilities points to the parents being complicit, what … the balance of probabilities points to the parents being complicit, what with the vast majority of child abductions being carried out by someone known to the child. it's ridiculous that it's gone on so long, with millions of pounds and hours of media attention still being given. no doubt tonight's reconstruction won't mention the fact they routinely drugged the kids to sleep (and got plastered every night on holiday). If they weren't respectable doctors and were a bit scummy the spotlight would have fallen on them a lot sooner. any time the Portuguese police tried to test the "accepted version of events" (i.e. the parents' version, which is allegedly being challenged in tonight's crimewatch) they were shouted down by a hysteric media backed by millions of mongs howling into the void on facebook and myspace, all of whom have a huge vested interest in pursuing the same story and remaining blind to the bare facts of the verifiable evidence.this is what the original detective thinks:http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/obviously phantom bogeymen stealing ur kids sells a lot more papers.I await this post being removed and me being banned

I can't agree with you about them drugging their children but a lot of your post is correct.

Infinitesd

So by thar theory if I run over a friends kid in the driveway I have been … So by thar theory if I run over a friends kid in the driveway I have been punished enough because the guilt of my mistake is bad enough?I also put my kids to bed around 8pm so I can have some quiet time, but I dont leave the door unlocked and go to the pub. All that aside I do hope Maddie is ok and unharmed. Its not her fault her parents are idiots.

Hardly the same thing being at home and on holiday. You'd expect a greater sense of danger perceived on holiday but it's probably the reverse as you're there to relax and maybe your mindset changes because of this.

Running over a child in your driveway is not the same thing regardless of whose fault it was. There are levels of neglect and offences and how the law is applied.

uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/whe…tml

dontasciime

Hardly the same thing being at home and on holiday. You'd expect a … Hardly the same thing being at home and on holiday. You'd expect a greater sense of danger perceived on holiday but it's probably the reverse as you're there to relax and maybe your mindset changes because of this.Running over a child in your driveway is not the same thing regardless of whose fault it was. There are levels of neglect and offences and how the law is applied.http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/when-can-you-leave-your-child-home-alone.html

Thanks for the link. It says:

Although the law says nothing about the minimum age for a child to be left unattended, it is an offence to leave a child "when doing so puts him or her at risk".

So I take it that while on holiday at night in an unlocked room might put them at risk?

If so there is enough to blame the parents for neglect. At least in my mind they have no defence for what they did. If they didn't leave Maddie she would still be with them.
Edited by: "Infinitesd" 14th Oct 2013

biddilybah

Can someone answer me this please? It's something that has always stood … Can someone answer me this please? It's something that has always stood out to me. There was 3 children in that apartment. Only Maddie was taken. It makes no sense. It also alarms me, that they put their children in daycare in the day and left them alone at night. They were on holiday as a family, but wanted to enjoy their holiday alone. It makes it seem like these children were a burden to them.I don't have a shred of sympathy for them, only Maddie. If this had been anyone else, they'd have been in front of a judge too. The McCanns have made millions off of this and to me it's sick. I wouldn't want to keep a penny of that. I sure as hell wouldn't have wrote a book on it either. They are milking the disappearance of Maddie for all they can get.

It was not our idea of a family holiday. When our children were that age we spent every moment of the holiday with them and occasionally the children went to the seaside in the Uk with their grandparents, giving us time alone without the children and the children having a great time with nanny and grandad.

The McCanns put the children in the kids club most days so they could play tennis and do what they wanted and then of an evening they went out and left the children alone. Why didn't they all take turns to have all the children bunk down together in each apartment and two of the adults stay one night each with the children?

As doctors they must have worked long hours and would surely want to spend time together as a family?

Infinitesd

Thanks for the link. It says:Although the law says nothing about the … Thanks for the link. It says:Although the law says nothing about the minimum age for a child to be left unattended, it is an offence to leave a child "when doing so puts him or her at risk".So I take it that while on holiday at night in an unlocked room might be put them at risk?If so there is enough to blame the parents for neglect. At least in my mind they have no defence for what they did. If they didn't leave Maddie she would still be with them.

Define risk. Hotel security ? I dunno if they knew the door was unlocked or they just forgot to lock it but you'd have to define unacceptable risk.

They are ultimately responsible for this and they know it, however they have lost their daughter and locking them up will achieve nothing unless it is all a deception for them to cover up her accidental death or worse.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Oct 2013

dontasciime

Define risk. Hotel security ?

Foreign country, hotel, 3 kids under 5 years old, unlocked room, no parents.

Any one of those things would be a risk to me.

Proper definition is:

noun

a situation involving exposure to danger

I think it still fits.

They gave her sleeping pills, She OD, They disposed of her body, Concocted a story that would rake in millions.

Infinitesd

Foreign country, hotel, 3 kids under 5 years old, unlocked room, no … Foreign country, hotel, 3 kids under 5 years old, unlocked room, no parents.Any one of those things would be a risk to me. Proper definition is:noun a situation involving exposure to dangerI think it still fits.

There is a risk any child in their bedroom could die a bunk bed top decking could collapse with a known weakened slat and suffocate them whilst parent was at toilet downstairs for example. This being a situation involving exposure to danger.

Who's responsible ?

Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Oct 2013

Banned

I do not know all the facts of the case but in my mind they were not punished enough at all. With Madelaine either losing her life, parents or god knows what else and the blame first and foremost on the parents idiocy they should have had some form of punishment other than the guilt. Of course that does mean if you believe they had nothing to do with it. Just like a train drivers neglect or pilot's neglect would come with some punishment. The responsibility of this girl's life was with them. It could have been prevented. All over a night out.

I had heard all the stories of them spending the fund on legal fees and setting up the charity as a private company etc. This gave me an even more distorted view on them although this article delves into it and clears a lot of points up.

madeleinemythsexposed.pbworks.com/w/p…044

Maybe media coverage and rumours have made me think that way. Too many strange things that a parent would not do and idiotic excuses that i just think they did have something to do with it.

Edited by: "jaystan" 14th Oct 2013

Infinitesd

They are Doctors so untouchable.

I don't even leave my iPad alone in a foreign hotel room, never mind a poor defenceless 4 year old child.

Banned

I do think this is quite telling by someone from the fund questioned by a reporter

Reporter - A lot of people would say that quite a lot of money has been made from Madeleine's disappearance with the various court cases. How much has been made and is it being used in legal proceedings like the one we've seen inPortugal.
CM - The Fund is there to assist Kate and Gerry in whatever way necessary. There are a number of other backers as well outside the Fund who also assist at times. The bulk, in fact all of the public money that came in in the early stages was all spent entirely properly on the search for Madeleine on the investigative costs and everything else around that. Most of the monies that are still in the Fund now are actually there from either the settlements against the Express Group newspapers and other media outlets that have also defamed them and so that is money that was brought in through court action, not the public and on top of that, the most recent monies ... come in have been through supporters kindly donating at a fund raising event and again, they would be more than happy as supporter to see the money spent in any way that assists Kate and gerry and the wider family and their investigators in the search for Madeleine.

I think that basically says we can spend it on what we like. The accounts reports they have to publish too only give a detailed breakdown in the first year.

They left the apartment unlocked because they wanted to pop in to check on children and thought the noise of the key would disturb the children. That is what the McCanns have stated.

In order to get to the apartment there is an unlocked gate on the street entrance and then a short but steep flight of steps up to the apartment.

Apart from burglars, it would be a risk that any of the children could make their way outside to look for their parents and then fall down the steps.

The McCanns stated that Madeleine often woke in the night at home and had also told them that on a previous night she had woke up and cried but no one came to her. One would presume that they reassured Madeleine that all would be ok if she woke again, yet they still went out the next night and left her and her siblings.

I don't think they had an opportunity to dispose of the body as the hotel staff, local fuzz & media were all over this within minutes, no gaps in the timeline big enough to carry it out

shauneco

They gave her sleeping pills, She OD, They disposed of her body, … They gave her sleeping pills, She OD, They disposed of her body, Concocted a story that would rake in millions.

Post a comment
@
    Text