Groups

Criminal podcast True Crime stories like Serial around 20 mins each @ Criminal any recommendations?

Criminal podcast True Crime stories like Serial @ Criminal

Not sure if in right place but I consider these podcasts a deal especially if you have never heard of them.

I had never heard of Serial until a couple of months ago - yes I know, late to the party! But at least I didn't have to wait a week to get the updates.

No clue where I heard about it but suspect it was from a Guardian recommend. Wasn't aware that these engrossing podcasts were freely available and abundant. Makes Audible at £8 a month even more redundant to me.

Criminal is a good start as most of them are self contained 20 minutes long and make a change from listening to tunes you have heard loads or the radio.

Serial serialpodcast.org/

Criminal thisiscriminal.com/

Someone Knows Something cbc.ca/rad…sks

And I also love Karl Pilkington on the Ricky Gervais show listen on YouTube

Apologies if in wrong place. Any other recommended true crime or any other podcasts?

7 Comments

I really enjoyed serial season one not so much season 2 so listen to more historical or arts podcasts

Ask or Misc sections of forum more relevant really

In the past I've listened to Real Crime Profile - art19.com/sho…ile

I listened to a couple of episodes due to my interest in the JonBenet Ramsey case, although due to the legal issues surrounding the case, it appears those episodes have now been taken down.

Sword and Scale is really good.

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions.

Been a lot of coverage of the Ramsey case on TV recently.

Can't help but think it's going to be just like McCann. Supposedly professional people are completely negligent over their children. When mine were her age the thought of not actually being in the house just wouldn't of occurred to me.

Will take a look. John Finnemore's souvenir programme and In Therapy are a couple of good Radio 4 podcasts

this American life podcast from npr us equivalent of bbc
    this is the original podcast series where serial spawned from
    basically takes a theme and then 3 stories aprox linky

[img]prettygoodgoods.org/ima…jpg?1359664819[/img]

if you like ricky gervais seach for torrent of all the old xfm shows with ricky gervais and steve marchant and karl Pilkington was there engineer comedy gold

Edited by: "mattmerch" 12th Jan

Original Poster

mattmerch

this American life podcast from npr us equivalent of bbc this is the … this American life podcast from npr us equivalent of bbc this is the original podcast series where serial spawned from basically takes a theme and then 3 stories aprox linky[img]https://www.prettygoodgoods.org/images/uploads/pgg/this_american_life_header2.jpg?1359664819[/img]if you like ricky gervais seach for torrent of all the old xfm shows with ricky gervais and steve marchant and karl Pilkington was there engineer comedy gold

What's a torrent?!!! (_;)

Yeah I just listen to them on Youtube really is hilarious. Shame that they have allegedly fallen out!

Thanks for suggestion
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191353
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2974
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1629
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow55

See more discussions