Critical Key Worker Covid Test Hancock Briefing

Posted 2nd Apr
Having just watched the latests press briefing I am no better informed if I will be receiving a test anytime soon and interested if any other “Critical” key workers are on here that have any further news from their employers. Keep in good health.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You said, "Having just watched the latests press briefing I am no better informed..."

I stopped listening to these daily addresses to the nation after 3 sessions. Though the most useful were the chancellor's financial undertakings. Otherwise, they are not leaders, they just had a wish list and did not have a central commander for each project promised (named leader), a commander each, to kick-ass, to join the dots and to oil the operational deficiency. They just waffle and flannel the reporters and us.
45 Comments
Thanks for all you are doing.
You said, "Having just watched the latests press briefing I am no better informed..."

I stopped listening to these daily addresses to the nation after 3 sessions. Though the most useful were the chancellor's financial undertakings. Otherwise, they are not leaders, they just had a wish list and did not have a central commander for each project promised (named leader), a commander each, to kick-ass, to join the dots and to oil the operational deficiency. They just waffle and flannel the reporters and us.
Ill patients > Critical NHS workers > NHS workers > Social care Key workers > Key workers > Joe public

Ramping tests up to 100k a day by the end of the month.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 2nd Apr
.MUFC.02/04/2020 19:01

Ill patients > Critical NHS workers > NHS workers > Social care Key …Ill patients > Critical NHS workers > NHS workers > Social care Key workers > Key workers > Joe publicRamping test up to 100k a day by the end of the month.

Whats a gestimate for key workers/ joe blogs.
Part 2, they should just put project directors on, and report daily progress for each project.
flameboi02/04/2020 19:02

I would hope by the end of the month but the reality is they've got to increase the testing capacity first and to suggest going from 10k > 100K in less than a month will be a remarkable achievement if they pull it off.
flameboi02/04/2020 19:02

Are you ill then as pretty pointless otherwise isn't it?
.MUFC.02/04/2020 19:05

I would hope by the end of the month but the reality is they've got to …I would hope by the end of the month but the reality is they've got to increase the testing capacity first and to suggest going from 10k > 100K in less than a month will be a remarkable achievement if they pull it off.

If only they started ramping these things up a month ago when it was obvious from other countries what was coming out way.

Its '100k tests' too which is very different from 100k people being tested.
Towelie02/04/2020 19:18

If only they started ramping these things up a month ago when it was …If only they started ramping these things up a month ago when it was obvious from other countries what was coming out way.Its '100k tests' too which is very different from 100k people being tested.

They have been doing.
A core senior , director-ship level systemic failure, was (of unnamed individuals) no allocation of a national budget in late January to get to combat readiness when the Chinese went berzerk with lock-down on 23 Jan, with horrific scenes of deaths, and this national budget, did not have a chance to filter down to the hospital trust level (and they were saddled with debt and austerity).
Towelie02/04/2020 19:18

If only they started ramping these things up a month ago when it was …If only they started ramping these things up a month ago when it was obvious from other countries what was coming out way.Its '100k tests' too which is very different from 100k people being tested.

Surely 100k tests means 100k people getting tested?
@flameboi

Do you mean tests like these at two centres (Wembley and Chessington) for London? You need to have an email (to proof that you are eligible for tests).

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
splender02/04/2020 20:07

@flameboi Do you mean tests like these at two centres (Wembley and …@flameboi Do you mean tests like these at two centres (Wembley and Chessington) for London? You need to have an email (to proof that you are eligible for tests).https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8179963/Chessington-FINALLY-starts-testing-NHS-staff.html

I’m hoping handcocks picked up on this and things change with his 100k a day testing going forward.
flameboi02/04/2020 20:25

I’m hoping handcocks picked up on this and things change with his 100k a d …I’m hoping handcocks picked up on this and things change with his 100k a day testing going forward.

He is not a do'er , unfortunately. You need to go up the management line, to locate who the Project Manager is , for rolling out tests.
Working in the NHS Hospital one of my colleagues tested positive however no one else who was in the same office was offered a test or told to self isolate and when I asked they said only people showing symptoms will be tested
.MUFC.02/04/2020 19:05

I would hope by the end of the month but the reality is they've got to …I would hope by the end of the month but the reality is they've got to increase the testing capacity first and to suggest going from 10k > 100K in less than a month will be a remarkable achievement if they pull it off.

The 100,000 tests goal includes antibody tests to identify people who have had the virus, and those are supposed to be nearly ready, so could even make up the bulk of the testing.
asad515002/04/2020 21:01

Working in the NHS Hospital one of my colleagues tested positive however …Working in the NHS Hospital one of my colleagues tested positive however no one else who was in the same office was offered a test or told to self isolate and when I asked they said only people showing symptoms will be tested

That is absolutely disgusting, which trust is this?, middle management should be held account of this, I hope you complained on this as it just adds to the current crisis when staff are undermined in such ways when they are delivering such great service to all.
melted02/04/2020 21:06

The 100,000 tests goal includes antibody tests to identify people who have …The 100,000 tests goal includes antibody tests to identify people who have had the virus, and those are supposed to be nearly ready, so could even make up the bulk of the testing.

Thats very interesting, wasn’t aware it included antibody.
melted02/04/2020 21:06

The 100,000 tests goal includes antibody tests to identify people who have …The 100,000 tests goal includes antibody tests to identify people who have had the virus, and those are supposed to be nearly ready, so could even make up the bulk of the testing.

Yes it could indeed. It's a good target to reach. It would then probably take around 680‬ days to test the whole of the UK!
.MUFC.02/04/2020 19:01

Ill patients > Critical NHS workers > NHS workers > Social care Key …Ill patients > Critical NHS workers > NHS workers > Social care Key workers > Key workers > Joe publicRamping tests up to 100k a day by the end of the month.

I thought it was

1. ill patients
2. family members with symptoms, of healthy critical NHS workers who are therefor self isolating, because a negative test would mean they being well, can return to work immediately.
Edited by: "melted" 2nd Apr
melted02/04/2020 21:18

I thought it was 1. ill patients 2. family members with symptoms, of …I thought it was 1. ill patients 2. family members with symptoms, of healthy critical NHS workers who are therefor self isolating, because a negative test would mean they being well, can return to work immediately.

I didn't hear them mention family members with symptoms, However I'm sure as more tests become available the more they'll prioritize certain people etc..
flameboi02/04/2020 21:07

That is absolutely disgusting, which trust is this?, middle management …That is absolutely disgusting, which trust is this?, middle management should be held account of this, I hope you complained on this as it just adds to the current crisis when staff are undermined in such ways when they are delivering such great service to all.

I’m not going to mention the trust. Yes they don’t seem to want to test unless you show any symptoms which is pathetic. As one persons immune system may be strong and not show symptoms

I thought it was 1. ill patients 2. family members with symptoms, of …I thought it was 1. ill patients 2. family members with symptoms, of healthy critical NHS workers who are therefor self isolating, because a negative test would mean they being well, can return to work immediately.

I heard critical key workers e.g teachers, front line government workers, etc?
.MUFC.02/04/2020 21:11

Yes it could indeed. It's a good target to reach. It would then probably …Yes it could indeed. It's a good target to reach. It would then probably take around 680‬ days to test the whole of the UK!

they did point out the possibility of false negatives which would require multiple tests for some people which implies it could take more than 680 days
flameboi02/04/2020 21:25

I heard critical key workers e.g teachers, front line government workers, …I heard critical key workers e.g teachers, front line government workers, etc?

I think the rest of the other categories were as MUFC listed.

2 also included NHS staff themselves.
tempt02/04/2020 21:30

they did point out the possibility of false negatives which would require …they did point out the possibility of false negatives which would require multiple tests for some people which implies it could take more than 680 days

Very true, I am hoping that everything is under control long before 680 days. Maybe once they get to 100k a day they'll set a target for 1m a day hence speed up the process even further etc..
eslick02/04/2020 21:32

2 also included NHS staff themselves.

It did? I thought that was the very next priority.
.MUFC.02/04/2020 21:35

Very true, I am hoping that everything is under control long before 680 …Very true, I am hoping that everything is under control long before 680 days. Maybe once they get to 100k a day they'll set a target for 1m a day hence speed up the process even further etc..

I hope he delivers, but it all seems very ambitious for UK
I listened to the daily briefing. I can't think of why you are no better informed.

It is simple. Tests are coming & PPE is coming. Orders have been processed & manufacturers have promised delivery & confirmed the contracts. But what do you want? Do you want every supplier to be mentioned & to confirm the delivery date?

Some people expect too much off of the Government in this awful position. When the deliveries come in it is then up to the Logistics divisions of the Army to ensure the distribution or the private sectors that have signed up.
Willy_Wonka02/04/2020 21:38

I listened to the daily briefing. I can't think of why you are no better …I listened to the daily briefing. I can't think of why you are no better informed. It is simple. Tests are coming & PPE is coming. Orders have been processed & manufacturers have promised delivery & confirmed the contracts. But what do you want? Do you want every supplier to be mentioned & to confirm the delivery date?Some people expect too much off of the Government in this awful position. When the deliveries come in it is then up to the Logistics divisions of the Army to ensure the distribution or the private sectors that have signed up.

You should be delivering these briefings...
flameboi02/04/2020 21:41

You should be delivering these briefings...

Not trying to offend you but they are trying their best not to promise what they cannot deliver.
Willy_Wonka02/04/2020 21:45

Not trying to offend you but they are trying their best not to promise …Not trying to offend you but they are trying their best not to promise what they cannot deliver.

.MUFC.02/04/2020 21:11

Yes it could indeed. It's a good target to reach. It would then probably …Yes it could indeed. It's a good target to reach. It would then probably take around 680‬ days to test the whole of the UK!

At some point if there are enough tests and the numbers of new cases become manageable, they could restart tracing and do more targeted testing of their contacts, to speed things up. It social distancing is still in place that should be easier than before the lock down.

Would have been easier to do that in China, due to their surveillance of their citizens - CCTV facial recognition, mobile phone use etc.
melted02/04/2020 21:35

It did? I thought that was the very next priority.

No if they have symptoms or their family have them they get tested, gets them back to work quicker
melted02/04/2020 21:48

At some point if there are enough tests and the numbers of new cases …At some point if there are enough tests and the numbers of new cases become manageable, they could restart tracing and do more targeted testing of their contacts, to speed things up. It social distancing is still in place that should be easier than before the lock down. Would have been easier to do that in China, due to their surveillance of their citizens - CCTV facial recognition, mobile phone use etc.

They are supposed to have 17 million antibody tests on order if they prove to be working correctly, enough for a quarter of the population. A good start if they work.

These tests are at home tests which are like a pregnancy test but for blood gives a reading in 15 minutes. Problem might be how the results get recorded but guessing it will be easy to do.
eslick02/04/2020 21:56

They are supposed to have 17 million antibody tests on order if they prove …They are supposed to have 17 million antibody tests on order if they prove to be working correctly, enough for a quarter of the population.

They have already tested them. Not sure about your numbers but the tests work or so we were told today. But they had to go through several tests sent to them by manufacturers that didn't work.
Willy_Wonka02/04/2020 22:01

They have already tested them. Not sure about your numbers but the tests …They have already tested them. Not sure about your numbers but the tests work or so we were told today. But they had to go through several tests sent to them by manufacturers that didn't work.

“Mr Hancock said that the UK wants to buy 17.5 million antibody tests, "subject to them working".

“He added that the government was working with nine companies who have offered the blood tests - but he added "they have got to work" and the government will not allow them to be rolled out if they are not effective.“

and he also added as have all ministers no test is better than a bad test

bbc.co.uk/new…376
Edited by: "eslick" 2nd Apr
Willy_Wonka02/04/2020 21:38

I listened to the daily briefing. I can't think of why you are no better …I listened to the daily briefing. I can't think of why you are no better informed. It is simple. Tests are coming & PPE is coming. Orders have been processed & manufacturers have promised delivery & confirmed the contracts. But what do you want? Do you want every supplier to be mentioned & to confirm the delivery date?Some people expect too much off of the Government in this awful position. When the deliveries come in it is then up to the Logistics divisions of the Army to ensure the distribution or the private sectors that have signed up.

I don't expect too much. Just that if one bunch shows itself utterly unable to cope, they get out of the way and let someone competent run the country instead. Like the WW2 Churchill War Ministry.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 2nd Apr
eslick02/04/2020 22:29

“Mr Hancock said that the UK wants to buy 17.5 million antibody tests, " …“Mr Hancock said that the UK wants to buy 17.5 million antibody tests, "subject to them working".“He added that the government was working with nine companies who have offered the blood tests - but he added "they have got to work" and the government will not allow them to be rolled out if they are not effective.“and he also added as have all ministers no test is better than a bad testhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52140376

Not for a second am I rejecting what you are saying but that report is a bit confusing. The BBC report is a mix & match on the 5pm broadcast & that of Question Time without stating which comment came from where.

He has stated that 100,000 tests per day will be in place by the end of the month & PPE has already been ordered from traditional suppliers & from those companies that have modified their manufacturing to do so. So that is what he & the Government need to be held responsible for.

I hope you and your family are safe. This is going to go on for months. India will be spreading this virus like nobodies business. Which means a definite 2nd period of isolation in our country at some stage or another. I my humble opinion.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions