Groups

Croatia beaches and mountains.

We are looking at going to Croatia. My mrs likes the beach and I like the mountains. So far we have agreed that Makarska looks ideal for both of us as it offers the mountains and MTB for me and the beautiful beaches for her. Has anyone any recommendations. We would prefer to be on the outskirts of tourist central if possible.

15 Comments

have you been here Plitvice Lakes
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-o_KWBbsDs80/WAPRrbStSMI/AAAAAAAA9dw/1Qx6xwqZUYkDIcLEV8obO8BoC4-CncNRACLcB/s1600/plitvice%2Bcascades2.jpg

Original Poster

Its on the list of things to do, looks amazing.

rhinopaul

Its on the list of things to do, looks amazing.

It is best bet is plan to do an overnight near there that way if its bad weather one day hopefully the next will be better.Have you been to croatia before

I can definately recommend Bol on Brac island it's an hour on the car ferry and bus from split, they do uplift mtb trips, although I think it's more rubble tracks than trail centre,
    I love hvar too, been a few times, never noticed any mtb'ing when I was their but a guy I know went out of season and he saw lots of mtb'er in full face helmets all over the island , the bike magazines have done a few features in recent years, and rosebikes.co.uk definately had a 5-6 page write up of mtb'ing in Croatia may be worth a google or email them
    Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 1st Mar

Ps if you go to plitvice I can recommend staying in sibenik (4 return busses a day to plitvice) and it's easy to go north to Zadar or south to split 10-15 busses a day, not that touristy and lots of good quality local restaurants

Original Poster

archer1204

It is best bet is plan to do an overnight near there that way if its bad … It is best bet is plan to do an overnight near there that way if its bad weather one day hopefully the next will be better.Have you been to croatia before

Thanks, No, ist time there.

Original Poster

Thanks whatyadoinsucka, will look into it.

I flew into zadar went to plitvice lakes worked my way down the stunning dalmatian coast via split spent a few days there then went to dubrovnik again a few days but then used it as a springboard to visit mostar,kotor,ston and a few other islands.I went in may it was perfect weather great food and drink very reasonable prices extremely friendly people amazing seafood.

Original Poster

archer1204

I flew into zadar went to plitvice lakes worked my way down the stunning … I flew into zadar went to plitvice lakes worked my way down the stunning dalmatian coast via split spent a few days there then went to dubrovnik again a few days but then used it as a springboard to visit mostar,kotor,ston and a few other islands.I went in may it was perfect weather great food and drink very reasonable prices extremely friendly people amazing seafood.

Usually my kinda trip but we have a 5 year old now and whilst he is a good little traveller , I think its going to be a case of him and mum relaxing on the beach whilst I go walk about.

rhinopaul

Usually my kinda trip but we have a 5 year old now and whilst he is a … Usually my kinda trip but we have a 5 year old now and whilst he is a good little traveller , I think its going to be a case of him and mum relaxing on the beach whilst I go walk about.

fairplay wherever you go enjoy

I loved Dubrovnik. Been twice 2013/14 although it has got a lot more expensive now unfortunately

Original Poster

Ok, We are flying into Split and heading straight for Plitvice Lakes for 2 nights staying in an apartment then staying 3 nights in The Bluesun Hotel Afrodita in Tucepi near Makarska and our final night in Split.
    We will need to hire a car from Split. Anyone know of the cheaper hire companies please and has anyone stayed at the Afrodita. Ive read there are a few entrances to the national park, is there a better one to take.
    Thanks.

rhinopaul

Ok, We are flying into Split and heading straight for Plitvice Lakes for … Ok, We are flying into Split and heading straight for Plitvice Lakes for 2 nights staying in an apartment then staying 3 nights in The Bluesun Hotel Afrodita in Tucepi near Makarska and our final night in Split.We will need to hire a car from Split. Anyone know of the cheaper hire companies please and has anyone stayed at the Afrodita. Ive read there are a few entrances to the national park, is there a better one to take.Thanks.

Just out of interest what time does your flight arrive and what month you looking at going
    Before going to plitvice lakes are you going to your apartment first if so what is the location of the apartment.
    As for car rental i used buses all the time so cant help you there.I flew into Zadar a bit closer to Plitvice than Split.
    Edited by: "archer1204" 20th Mar

Original Poster

archer1204

Just out of interest what time does your flight arrive and what month you … Just out of interest what time does your flight arrive and what month you looking at goingBefore going to plitvice lakes are you going to your apartment first if so what is the location of the apartment.As for car rental i used buses all the time so cant help you there.I flew into Zadar a bit closer to Plitvice than Split.

we are going in May . I think we arrive in Split about 8am and we will head straight to the apartment in Rudanovac about 12km from the lake but once unpacked head to the lake.

rhinopaul

we are going in May . I think we arrive in Split about 8am and we will … we are going in May . I think we arrive in Split about 8am and we will head straight to the apartment in Rudanovac about 12km from the lake but once unpacked head to the lake.

Heres their website in english hope this helps anything else just ask below
    np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/en/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941344
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767216
      3. Nintendo Ships Every Switch With a Hidden NES Emulator35
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343

See more discussions