Groups
    EXPIRED

crossfire psu needed

I've been looking everywhere for a high quality psu at a good price but haven't had much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals on one at the minute. I'm crossfiring two 4870's so I'm looking for a 650w+ psu. I'm looking to spend around £65 inc postage. Thanks in advance

4 Comments

Banned

What about

ebuyer.com/pro…772

i know its a bit over but it is quality

Banned

this is only 600w but is £10 under your budget and is sli ready.

ebuyer.com/pro…861

you also get 3 years warranty with these I

Original Poster

Just checked out the ocz there, I brushed it aside as I assumed it wouldn't have enough amps but just checked the specification there and it has 62 amps over 4 rails which is more than enough for what I want, I currently have a hiper 580w that has 38amps but it doesn't have a 8 pin cpu connector and was manufactured some years ago. Yeah I used the watt calculator it said that I will draw 403w although it doesn't give the amps. Definitly going to go for that OCZ although I'm a little tempted to keep the hiper, what do you guys reckon I would be using it on an am3 board with a phenom 965 c3 overclocked. Thanks for your help by the way

Captain D0nkey;7809559

Just checked out the ocz there, I brushed it aside as I assumed it … Just checked out the ocz there, I brushed it aside as I assumed it wouldn't have enough amps but just checked the specification there and it has 62 amps over 4 rails which is more than enough for what I want, I currently have a hiper 580w that has 38amps but it doesn't have a 8 pin cpu connector and was manufactured some years ago. Yeah I used the watt calculator it said that I will draw 403w although it doesn't give the amps. Definitly going to go for that OCZ although I'm a little tempted to keep the hiper, what do you guys reckon I would be using it on an am3 board with a phenom 965 c3 overclocked. Thanks for your help by the way

Watts = Volts * Amps, 403W @ 12V is 33.6A.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Is there a way to know how well clippers cut hair, (e.g. motor power).22
      2. Private Number Plate22
      3. Switching from Apple to Andriod - Any advice?2643
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed33

See more discussions