Cruise Holidays (Royal Caribbean)

Posted 9th Jan
Has anyone ever done a royal Caribbean holiday, what did you think? Best websites too book using.
Thinking of Christmas 2020
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Royal Caribbean are the best in my opinion. Unless you prefer more formal and upmarket (including cost) then did say celebrity and MSC are good for that.

Cruise 1st, cruises.co.uk. All the agents price match and beat each other to a degree, so definitely compare and tell them you want a better price. Even just for cruise only, I’ve never paid the price royal advertise. Always around £50 less through agent when u ask
use topcashback if booking online
Been with been with loads of cruise lines they are all much the same p&o good value for money MSC are cheap but be prepared to be at the back of the queue if you are British the one ting you need to be aware of with some cruise is gratuities you can cancel them if you do not be prepared for the additional cost
P&O are good for the fact that all on board spending is in pounds Sterling, and gratuities are included. Most others including Royal Caribbean and Princess although sharing the same parent company use US dollars, and gratuities including bar and shop purchases amount to 15% being applied automatically.
Edited by: "jimbob1286" 9th Jan
I have been on Thomson’s Marella, and although only small I think they’re excellent!
are the other cruises all inclusive / drinks etc
RawMukky09/01/2020 18:09

I have been on Thomson’s Marella, and although only small I think they’re e …I have been on Thomson’s Marella, and although only small I think they’re excellent! are the other cruises all inclusive / drinks etc

Generally speaking, no, but you do often see offers of drinks and/or tips being included.
Take a look at iglu cruises. Easy to use and some good deals. We done that, then went to our local first choice (TUI) travel agent in local town and they gave us a dearer price, then price matched the price that iglu cruises gave. We booked with first choice and now just pay some off each month. we've booked with p&o on the new iona. We have cruised with celebrity cruises on the silhouette 18 months ago and they were very good.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 9th Jan
cornishscouse09/01/2020 21:08

Take a look at iglu cruises. Easy to use and some good deals. We done …Take a look at iglu cruises. Easy to use and some good deals. We done that, then went to our local first choice (TUI) travel agent in local town and they gave us a dearer price, then price matched the price that iglu cruises gave. We booked with first choice and now just pay some off each month.

Going anywhere nice?
RawMukky09/01/2020 21:09

Going anywhere nice?

Doing a northern europe on the new p&o iona. Brugge, Rotterdam overnight so can do Amsterdam, and Hamburg. Our last one was a baltics cruise.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 9th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions