Crumpet or Pikelet?

21 Comments
Pikelet all the way, but tbh I don't really like either that much
I love a bit of crumpet....
Crumpet
Had to look up what a pikelet was , so guess I'm going crumpet.
I enjoy masticating with a Manchester Tart with big Baps, then finishing by munching on some Sticky Buns.
33773606-YyRD5.jpg
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell1 h, 8 m ago

I enjoy masticating with a Manchester Tart with big Baps, then finishing …I enjoy masticating with a Manchester Tart with big Baps, then finishing by munching on some Sticky Buns.[Image]

What...no muffin!
I didn't know there was a difference between the two until I looked it up, no preference I don't like either of them. But I am also partial to a Manchester Tart.
philphil611 h, 23 m ago

What...no muffin!

I don't do double entendre, I find it vulgar
In the Black Country it is quite common particularly with the older generation to blanket term the word 'pikelet' for crumpets. However there is a difference in thickness between the two.

Personally don't mind either, although I guess I have a slight preference to the thicker crumpet well toasted.
I don't think you can get pikelets round here.
Well I do properly like some crumpet....
have never heard of pikelets but having tried 'thins' when they were free on cos and been impressed

would be prepared to sample
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 2 m ago

I don't think you can get pikelets round here.

They sell it in Tesco and Sainsbury's as I've bought pikelets from both stores. This post is basically raising awareness for pikelets since nobody seems to know what they are
Edited by: "jamie015" 10th May
jamie0156 m ago

They sell it in Tesco and Sainsbury's as I've bought pikelets from both …They sell it in Tesco and Sainsbury's as I've bought pikelets from both stores

Sainsbury's is miles away and they don't do them in my local tesco. Love a crumpet though.
psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

Sainsbury's is miles away and they don't do them in my local tesco. Love a …Sainsbury's is miles away and they don't do them in my local tesco. Love a crumpet though.

Glad to hear.
33776849-0UVJM.jpg
Wongy1101 m ago

Glad to hear.[Image]

as if I look like that!
33776911-0IprA.jpg
Sainsbury, Asda and Tesco do all sell pikelets.
psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

as if I look like that!

Umm I am sure you do 33776921-7JvpX.jpg
frankly my comment is decidedly dodgy in other ways having that sort of day in spades..
Just saying but why do people feel the need to bitch about everything when at the end of the day all anybody wants is a nice bit of crumpet ?
Well I was in big Tescos today and lo and behold they had pikelets in. I still bought crumpets though
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell10th May

I enjoy masticating with a Manchester Tart with big Baps, then finishing …I enjoy masticating with a Manchester Tart with big Baps, then finishing by munching on some Sticky Buns.[Image]

You should try some spotted dick too...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants